Which washable wipes do you have?

We use wet wipes, but only sensitive ones as my boys have really sensitive skin and I've used them on tons of things, ours must be different over here because they aren't harsh at all :)

I heard back from her, I'll pm you her email...if anyone else is interested just pm me and I'll pass it on but figured I probably shouldn't post it on a public area. But this was her quote if you went with flannel/velour

30 x .80
Shipping 14.20
Total $38.20

these aren't the cheapest wipes in the world but i've got a load of these ready for my baby and they seem lovely and soft and a good size - if you buy them in multiples of 10 they're a bit cheaper and they come in one of the extra small tote bags too (which the website doesn't mention for some reason !)

https://www.cleangreennappy.co.uk/accessories/wipes/reusable-wipes/cp-bw

Oohh they seem nicer, not full of nasties, bet their expensive though. Hope Freys is getting better hunny :)

Thanks, she has been asleep nearly all day today, an improvement on yesterday where she just cried all day.

They are £2.50 a pack, I have never bought normal wet wipes so I don't know how much they are. We only use them when out though, so not very often. I've only ever bought 2 packs.

I still can't find any washable wipes that I really like the look of - I think I'm just being fussy!

Hm, I like the look of these, does anywhere sell them in the UK?

https://ittibitti.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=1429

I make my own wipes, fleece on one side and towelling on the other, I have about 25 and another 5 that I use as bathroom wash cloths.

My mum bought some blue fleece and some red cotton in town today, I'm gonna sew them together as wipes and we'll see...I'm not sure though lol

I just bought some skull and crossbones fleece on ebay, can I sew terry onto that and it will make a wipe then? With a zig zaggy stitch around the edge? :rofl: I don't know how to do this!

Hm, I like the look of these, does anywhere sell them in the UK?

https://ittibitti.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=1429

the suppliers don't yet stock them so it's unlikely you'll find them over i'm sorry hun unless someones imported them themselves :flower:

I just bought some skull and crossbones fleece on ebay, can I sew terry onto that and it will make a wipe then? With a zig zaggy stitch around the edge? :rofl: I don't know how to do this!

yeh you could do that hun!! ... i have made some and i sewed round the outside then turned them the right way and sewed the last bit turned in...if that makes sense? ..............they are by no means perfect but they are my poo wipes so i dont really care what they look like!!!LOL i keep my nice ones for wee only or last wipe of a pooey bum !!LOL

you dont even need to turn them, you can just pin them together and zigzag over the edges to hold them together, its a lot neater than turning and topstitching on the wipes

x

i think thats what wn's do, don't think they're edges are folded though i don't have any to hand to look at to be sure.

I hadn't thought of doing them inside out. I haven't tried zig zagging on my machine yet, so will give it a go. I am getting into this making stuff malarky! :)

haha ive made a couple turned and topstitched and the rest just zigzagged and the zigzaged ones look much nicer

x

yeah i ould think the zig zagged ones will look much neater...the turned out ones look quite messy tbh but :shrug:

WN ones are serged or overlocked?(i think thats what its called).... dont think they are folded ... havent looked that close tbh :)

yeh that makes more sense, zigzagging is like teh cheaper version of serging lol, i didnt have my serger when i made mine but will be serging them when i make my next ones

x

think i'm gonna try making some pretty wipes before i try my hand at nappies! i've just found a stitch on my sewing machine called something like 'overedge elastic stitch' - it looks like overlocking but i'm guessing it's not the same. anybody know? i'm thinking it looks like a good compromise between a zigzag stitch and buying a serger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->