who else is nesting?

mummynummy

Reaction score
34 weeks and just want everything clean and tidy, i done nearly everything and went to town walked there and walk and haven't stop until now to type this but i probably go back to tidying, its taking all my willpower not to put the crib up and get the pushchair down from my nans loft. planning to do that about 36-37 weeks and my hospital bag done then, do you think thats too late to start getting things up and ready for him?
i still need to get bits for me and him, so much to do again and not long left

I desperately want to clean but my toddler doesn't give me a break for two minutes at the moment. Really looking forward to getting everything clean and organised- planning on asking my parents to baby sit so I can clean clean clean!

haha, i dunno how i got my energy i just feel so good today for once.
I know what you mean about your toddler my daughter just mess it up after but i just throw it back in her bedroom as they just toys, her bedroom is last thing on my list needs a good sort out.

My nesting comes and goes so I don't think I'm in full swing yet, but once I start that's it haha and I can get the urge to clean at like 9pm at night and don't stop until I'm happy!

We've got the Moses basket & cot up already, and I plan on doing my hospital bag around 33/34 weeks. Do them when you feel like it, it's a personal choice :)

I wish I was! I don't have very much energy

thank you thats what i thought like at 37 weeks its full term right? i do it around then. i actually managed to stop as i need to get my daughter to bed.

I am totally in nesting today. MIL took my 2 yr old for the afternoon, DH is working, so I got all the laundry done, dishes done, cleaned bathrooms, cleaned rooms, cleaned all my breast pump parts and bottles! I'm just over 36 weeks and wondering if DD will come early like my DS (born just after 38 weeks).

I cannot stop cleaning have sorted through clothes, tidied kitchen cupboards, taken bags to the dump. I'm even going as far as buying new cups as when I opened the cupboard not everything matching was really annoying me! I think I've gone abit mad! I really don't know where all the energy is coming from was the opposite last time round at this stage it was too much to make myself a cup of tea never mind care what cup I was drinking out of lol

I done so much but still got loads to do and feel like time running out lol I keep putting certain things off as get stressed when trying to do it.
My partner so relaxed about everything wish I could be like that haha

Mine kicked in today....
Cleared and cleaned kitchen inc cupboards
Cleaned and sorted my bedroom
Sorted out baby clothes into sizes then into drawers
Double checked hospital bags
Wiped over the bathroom
Got my pram out.. had a fiddle... put it back.
Made food ready for OH getting home (this NEVER happens)
Hoping to do the rest ASAP, and btw im usually the person who puts allllll cleaning etc off for another day.. x

Only get really nesty at like 10 p.m., and then it's more the desire to COOK than to clean! I want to bake all the things and make freezer meals... problem is, I don't have a freezer.. :( So no cooking for me. I also desperately want to clean my floors but I just really can't manage it, I'm far too big!

Yes and I love it! Also helps that we have estates agents out to value our property as hoping to move so the house is immaculate and I love it 😁

I have the nesting urge but annoyingly at work which is putting me in a bad mood as I really want to be home cleaning the nursery and getting stuff washed & sorted but I can't :dohh:

Also need to wait for DS new bedroom furniture to come (28th) so that I can move all of his stuff out of the nursery so I have somewhere to put it all :haha:

I've been trying to get things clean over the last few days. It's earlier than I was expecting as I've got workmen coming in next week for around 4wks to repair some damp work! During that time our nursery is being put together too.. I've packed all of baby's things into boxes to neaten them up, washed everything he'll need for the first 3mths, all of the blankets, muslin cloths etc. It's driving me mad that I can't put them away into drawers yet though >.<

I've been feeling this way and I'm only week 26. I've had desperate urges to clean our house top to bottom and to have everything set. Unfortunately I'm always so tired when I get home from work that I've just been conking out on the couch instead of doing the cleaning I want! Yesterday I couldn't get over the feeling while I was at work, so I used my break to completely disassemble everything on my desk, clean it, organize it, and put it back. It looks great (I work in IT so I have a long table covered in all sorts of computer parts and cables and such) but I wish I had the energy for it at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->