Who has circumcised their little boy?

^^ I actually just had a woman in my playgroup tell me I don't have my future children's best interest at heart and if I don't circumcise, my child will have problems in school and be made fun of. :cry::cry: I don't have a boy but know we will have more kids and might have a boy eventually. I have been doing serious soul-searching and research on the subject. It's not something I will take lightly and it's a shame people judge without even knowing.

I have read that California has some of the lowest rates in the US for circumcision so I highly doubt your future son will have anything to worry about. Not only that but if kids are going to make fun of another kid for something they will find anything, being circ'd or not is not going to be what determines that. Don't let her get to you :hugs: The western states have the lowest rate right now, and a found a few places saying that in California, Oregon and Washington combined there are only 35% that are still being circumsized

I came across this argument too, I was told he was going to a religious school he would get picked on,hes not going to a religious school so no probs there was also told that foreplay and sex would hurt him, etc.....the sex one made me cringe more for the point i dont wanna think about my 17month old son doing it in 18years time!! lol

fairydreams :flower:

My OH wanted our son to be circumsized, not for religious or medical reasons but because it was meant to be cleaner. We never got it done though, when he was born we just didn't think it was necessary xx

^^ I actually just had a woman in my playgroup tell me I don't have my future children's best interest at heart and if I don't circumcise, my child will have problems in school and be made fun of. :cry::cry: I don't have a boy but know we will have more kids and might have a boy eventually. I have been doing serious soul-searching and research on the subject. It's not something I will take lightly and it's a shame people judge without even knowing.

Wow. Why would your child be made fun of at school when they don't show their penis at school? There's no showering anymore..at least not at the schools I went to in California!

That lady was way off base.

My son was circumcised when he was a day old by my OB GYN. He healed pretty quickly as my pediatrician would check on him daily in the hospital. We are are from the Philippines and predominantly Catholics. My other son was circumcised as a newborn too. Some prefer to wait until the child is 11 to 13 years old to circumcise. It's done later on to signify the boy entering manhood. My poor nephew had to go through this last summer and he was in horrible pain for days. Poor kid! I would still prefer having it done when they are babies.

My son was circumcised when he was a day old by my OB GYN. He healed pretty quickly as my pediatrician would check on him daily in the hospital. We are Catholics and my other son was circumcised as a newborn too. Some prefer to wait until the child is 11 to 13 years old to circumcise. It's done later on to signify the boy entering manhood. My poor nephew had to go through this last summer and he was in horrible pain for days. Poor kid! I would still prefer having it done when they are babies.

My OH's friend had it done when he was 17 because he didn't like being uncut. I guess it was really painful and he had to wear diaper like things for a while. He held being uncut as a baby against his mom for a long time. I don't think it really matters (although my son is circ'd because my OH wanted it) but it is def worse to do later on if it's going to be done at all.

Just a side note - I've seen a good share - in my single days - lol - and I have never seen one that was NOT circ'd, except in pics. I think un-circ'd looks yucky - but thats probably just because its what I'm used to...

As far as kids now-a-days though - I believe the stats here are about 50/50 now. But in my own generation, the stats for circumcision were a lot higher... probably very close to 100% - cause like I said - I don't know anyone my own age that hasn't had it done.

We don't believe in it. There are very few things that make it medically needed. Someone told DH our son would be made fun of. Being intact himself he laughed and said if a guy talks about your junk in the locker room the guy who spoke up is more likely to be called gay and teased for it than the intact guy for having foreskin.

I think a circed penis looks funny because I'm not used to it.

I had my son done at 4 weeks old, he fell asleep through the procedure and he never seemed to be in any pain! I had it done because I know too many that were done for medical reason at a late age and suffered badly

Just a side note - I've seen a good share - in my single days - lol - and I have never seen one that was NOT circ'd, except in pics. I think un-circ'd looks yucky - but thats probably just because its what I'm used to...

As far as kids now-a-days though - I believe the stats here are about 50/50 now. But in my own generation, the stats for circumcision were a lot higher... probably very close to 100% - cause like I said - I don't know anyone my own age that hasn't had it done.

Until i met my husband, I had never seen an un-cut one either. Like i said, I grew up in NY but met my UK husband when i was over here studying. At first i thought it looked weird, but now I prefer it. Its natural. And hes certainly never had any problems keeping it clean, with sex or any of the other rubbish reasons people give for doing it. Religious reasons i completely accept but to just do it because 'everyone else is doing it' is something i will never understand.

Until i met my husband, I had never seen an un-cut one either. Like i said, I grew up in NY but met my UK husband when i was over here studying. At first i thought it looked weird, but now I prefer it. Its natural. And hes certainly never had any problems keeping it clean, with sex or any of the other rubbish reasons people give for doing it. Religious reasons i completely accept but to just do it because 'everyone else is doing it' is something i will never understand.

LOL and I've never ever seen a circumcised one. Odd the different practises in different counrties :)

i didnt have my lo circ'd. my husband being from the US where it is apparently the norm wanted it done to begin with. We did some research together and found out a bunch of information. Basically that its not medically neccessary. so we didnt do it.

i dont think people should get it done for ANY other eason than if its a medical issue. and numbing cream or a local anethestic should be used. anyone who thinks that it is not painful is very naieve

I've heard it being referred to as mutilation by an American woman. Dunno abotu that, but I can't say I agree entirely religious or otherwise, I wouldn't want to inflict this if I ever have a boy:

7. The immunological defense system of the soft mucosa. This produces both plasma cells that secrete immunoglobulin antibodies and antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as the pathogen-killing enzyme lysozyme.

8. Lymphatic vessels, the loss of which reduces the lymph flow within that part of the body's immune system.

9. Estrogen receptors - the purpose of which is not yet fully understood and needs further study.

*10. The apocrine glands of the inner foreskin, which produce pheromones - nature's powerful, silent, invisible behavioral signals to potential sexual partners.

We will be doing it with LO, not looking forward to it. My DH side always do it when they are newborns while my side we do it between ages 10-12 years which is way more painful and infections happen. I would rather get it done now.

https://www.circinfo.com/myths/myths_and_lies1.html

I'm totally anti unless there is an immediate medical reason for doing so, like serious infection. I am also anti amputating any other part of the body without a very serious medical reason.

https://www.circinfo.com/myths/myths_and_lies1.html

Who is this Geoffrey Francis? It doesn't appear that he is a doctor and I'm very concerned about these statements:

Boys have to be taught to wash under their foreskin when bathing - it doesn't come naturally to them. This can only be done by the parents gently retracting the foreskin as far as it will easily go and washing under it at every bath time.
It is true that no force should be used so as to avoid tearing the thin skin of the foreskin, but this doesn't preclude gentle retraction. Early gentle retraction also helps to break down adhesions, however it is desirable for parents waiting until after the boy is a year old before starting this gentle retraction at bath time.
As an alternative to retraction in the early days, a parent can gently stretch the foreskin forwards to help break down adhesions.

i never even considerd it as it is not the norm in uk. i wouldnt anyway unless for medical reason. i have never seen a circumsised willy either. at the end of the day its not my willy so not really my decision.

Unless it is for religious reasons i don't understand why anyone would do this.

It has risks and is completely unnecessary. Nature intended it to be there. Why would you want to hurt your child?

I'm going to stop before i start to get cross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->