Whole blood on HPT

elociN

Reaction score
A few years ago (early 2013) there was a thread on here about this (which I can't find now although it was still going strong a year or so later) and that's how I found out I was pregnant with my youngest son while my urine hpts were still negative. I was just discussing it with a friend the other day and when googled to fine some threads found this https://epmonthly.com/article/stat-pregnancy-test-without-urine/

I think it makes an interesting read. The test I did nearly 4 years ago was mixing blood with some saline drops, but apparently one can use whole blood.

I think I tried this once, I was not pg- but I honestly don't remember what the results were. I have tons of ic's right now, so I might do it!

Might be fun, please share the results :)
I tried it since as well and it always worked, i.e did not produce lines on non-pregnant people and even on myself, no lines when not pregnant. I used whole blood on ic tests (and boots cheap strips) and just soaked the blood off the finger with it sometimes adding some water.
I also found with me it worked much earlier than a urine test. With my youngest son I got a b on hpt positive at 10 dpo and all the other tests were neg, and got a FRER positive at 12dpo.

Now, I don't know what to think! I did it, because I also have a lot of ics, and what am I gonna do with All of them right?
I got a faint line! It's not a shadow, it's a LINE.
I'm 9 or 10 dpo. Going to the store tonight and getting a frer for tomorrow morning. Wow!

Luvspnk, did you try it?

momof2tobe, I tried it just for a laugh all these years ago and got my line (not a shadow) also at 10dpo while all urine tests were bfn, including frer, but got a bfp on frer 2 days later in the afternoon. I still can't find the thread about it on here, but quite a few ladies turned out to be pregnant, some even tested their husbands just to see if it would always produce a line. Since then it appears there have been some studies done regarding this and it is deemed reliable.

Now, I don't know what to think! I did it, because I also have a lot of ics, and what am I gonna do with All of them right?
I got a faint line! It's not a shadow, it's a LINE.
I'm 9 or 10 dpo. Going to the store tonight and getting a frer for tomorrow morning. Wow!

Luvspnk, did you try it?

Not yet- need to get the toddler to bed then I will!

I would try this but I don't wanna draw blood lol

I did it from just a drop from my finger and a few drops of water mixed in.
I was just reading about it and I guess they do it in er when they are not able to get urine.

I have tried poking my finger I have callused fingers lol

I tried it. I don't know if I did it wrong, but it showed up negative. How much blood to water? I feel like to do 100% blood, I'd have to squeeze by finger for ever, lol. Not to mention I think whole blood would be too viscous?

I tried it. I don't know if I did it wrong, but it showed up negative. How much blood to water? I feel like to do 100% blood, I'd have to squeeze by finger for ever, lol. Not to mention I think whole blood would be too viscous?

What i did using the ic type test is soak the blood straight from my finger with the dip tip and then added just a drop of water/saline to help it move up the test. if the test gets too red but if there is a line, the line stays even if you rinse the test under a tap after :)

So- in the spirit of trying unorthodox ways to test, I tried the double dye test and got a faint but visible line. 😮 I'll see it I can get a pic posted.

How do you upload a picture? That mountain button only wants url, and I don't know how to get url of a picture. And what's a double dye?

My hubby said he doesn't See anything, I think I'm going crazy

Maybe in attachment
I totally see that!!
I swear men are blind, lol. Mine never could see anything either until it was obvious.

Double dye ( I had to google it after I saw it mentioned on bnb, lol) is where you take 2 new tests, remove 1 dye strip from a test, lay it over the dye strip on the other one and then do the test like normal.

Normally I have no trouble uploading pics, but my phone is being stupid. 😠

Here it is. Hoping it works!!

Attachments

• IMG_2921.jpg
    IMG_2921.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members