Why are train tickets so expensive? :(

J

Jem88

My OHs parents and family live an hours drive away from us, but a 40min train journey away, so me and OH used to get the train to them and stop overnight before LO was born, and it used to be £9.50 each for a return anytime ticket, so it cost us £20 which we then could afford.. When LO was born the prices went up and now it cost's us £27.60 for a return ticket, and we've been down around 3 times since LO was born as we just can't afford nearly £28 a time.

What makes me mad is that OHs parents both drive (we don't) and they've been up once :(

we want to go to londpon st pancras [cant spell] from leicester so an 1hr15min ride, and for 3adults 1 child its costing us 260 for a return!!! thats online, im debating if it will be eaiser and cheaped to buy from train sation?

we want to go to londpon st pancras [cant spell] from leicester so an 1hr15min ride, and for 3adults 1 child its costing us 260 for a return!!! thats online, im debating if it will be eaiser and cheaped to buy from train sation?

Try the trainline website and asking for singles each way instead of a return, don't know when you were planning to go so I just put a random date but I got it down to 115.60 in total. :thumbup:

xxx

it is stupid how much public transport costs!
i'd rather stick a fiver in the car and take that instead.

off 27th feb till 29th. need before 8am and at 10pm back will look now xx

its disgusting how much they charge, i dont know what else to do? :(

Nope don't know anyone :,( and there's 6 of us, thinking would be cheaper for taxi there (160) and train back (49)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->