• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why can't our bodies be more predictable?

Okay I did a little research so here is my findings...

I am having an anovulatory cycle. Well I type in can you still have a cycle without ovulation? Yes you can.?? Wow confusing....
So what I am having is anovulatory bleeding, which occurs when estrogen production continues to develop in the uterine lining without triggering ovulation.
2 things can happen- estrogen will build up and then drop causing withdrawal bleeding OR
Endometruim builds up slowly over extended period of time, and it is so thick it can no longer hold itself then break through bleeding occurs.
In these cases it causes cycles not to come and when they do it will make bleeding either very heavy or very light..

I know that is a lot to process, but needless to say I am having a very very light cycle right now so all these makes perfect sense in my case. And the way to correct it is taking the clomid or femara, so at least I am on the correct path... Sorry this is so long but I hope I can help anyone if they are reading our thread. Talk to you soon..

Thank you for sharing the information you found on anovulatory cycles. They seem to be more common than most of us expect, so it is nice to know what our bodies are really doing. They are definitely frustrating, especially when we are TTC, but at least it is "normal" in a sense. It also seems that anovulatory bleeding would be better than nothing at all, because it seems like your uterus would be more prepared to get back to regular cycles etc. Im glad you found some answers to what your body is doing! Thanks again for the info; it makes more sense now :)

Well, now you can get ready to take your clomid! I didn't ask you before, but do the side effects occur throughout your cycle or just during the time you take the medication? Either way, I hope the side effects are minimal this time around!

How exciting that you could get O around your anniversary week! How lovely would it be for you to conceive on that day?! :) I am so excited for you this cycle. I've never really had the opportunity to be there during someone's TTC journey, and I am genuinely thrilled for you. :happydance:

I would really love to start trying again next month...or soon. I've still been a ball of emotions. Part of me feels guilty as if I am trying to fill that void after my MC, and I have still had several nights where I still cry over what that future of that pregnancy and baby would have been like. At the same time, I have been ready for this journey for a long time, and I would love to try again for our rainbow baby. I know the MC has showed my DH that he is a lot more ready than he once thought. He is almost ready, and has been talking a lot about being a daddy and raising our children. I just don't know what the "right" thing is to do; I can't tell if my emotions are blurring my decision to wait a little longer or not. I'm hoping things will get back to normal with my cycle after this MC (including my hormones!), and then maybe I will go from there and see how we are feeling.

I hope you are doing well!!

So the side effects actually maybe start like the 3 pill or so and it lasts after I finish them. and sometimes it is still lingers several days.UGHH I am really hating it but I am going to start them tonight. I am hapy you are here alone the way, it is hard having people to understand unless they are going through the process as well.
As far as how you are feeling, do not feel bad that you are having those vogues, its normal. I have them all the time, honestly daily. I see babies all the time and I smile and stare simple because I dream of having my own one day. I had it really bad after my son was born, we tried to get pregnant right after I got home, not allowing my body to heal at all we bd before my six weeks. But, thats the way I was feeling at the time. Now after my MC in Nov we started again in Dec, Jan and now. Its a natural feeling. So don't be so hard on yourself. I understand your DH will start seeing things very differently now, it takes men a while to understand but once they do just let them have it TRUST ME!!!
My DH is more supportive now than ever, the MC really change things, he said to me yesterday babe, I started drinking more water and taking my vitamins for you cause I know you will be starting your pills soon and we can BD LOL. I smiled at him, I thought he didn't listen when I told him what BD means but he did. He is so ready to be a dad it is almost heart breaking because he deserves a child he is a great man, and a great father. He bought soo much stuff with our son.

Well today marks a week until our anniversary and I can't wait. I was thinkng not to do opks and just BD and relax, but I really need to know if I O so I will this cycle and if I do this cycle then, hopefully BFP if not I will not opk next cycle.

Sorry so much :)

Hey Brittany! How are you doing? How has your week been? I've just been studying like crazy over here; most of my midterms are next week.

How is the clomid treating you so far? I am still counting down the days until you can start testing :haha: You will have to keep me posted on what CD you are and such.

Thank you for everything you said in your last post. It is nice to hear your experience and not feel so alone in my feelings. My thoughts really do change by the day, and I just keep going back and forth. It really is so relieving to hear that you experienced similar things, and have gotten through things so amazingly. It is really sweet that my DH is coming around though- I am trying not to make him talk about it too much, because I don't want him to take a step backwards. We always joke that there is a rope attaching us to the different pages of our "book", and sometimes the rope is tight, and I keep pulling him to catch up. Other times, there is some slack in the rope where we almost find each other on the same page, same paragraph, and same sentence of the book. Lol. It's kind of lame, but we like to talk about it in this way since it is the first "issue" that we have not been 100% in congruence on. He'll get there ;)

Aww and that is so sweet that your DH is drinking more water and taking his pills, because he knows it's his way of being supportive. That really is so amazing! Also, that is so funny that he called it "BD", my husband sighed his Valentine's day from "DH". I guess they both listen! Aww- cute. He definitely sounds like a great man. You are BOTH going to continue to be wonderful parents, and your children are going to be so blessed to have you both. I can't remember if asked you, but what did you name your son?

That makes sense about using/not using opks. At some point, you don't want to be TOO stressed with TTC. Relaxing is good :) I hope you not only get that positive opk this cycle, but that you get that BFP! Woo hoo!

Have a good day!

I understand exactly how y'all feel about being on the same page. Unlike y'all we are always on different pages and we are total opposites but I guess that's why we are together and love each other so much!
Yeah I agree the less you talk about it, it gives him a chance to process everything, men think completely different from us anyways so it will take them time to come around like DH and BD ahh I love it. Sounds like we have great men in our lives and we are blessed.
I name my son after my husband, Tarrance ll. I am currently on CD6 and I'm only having hot flashes on and off, it isn't to bad, better than before! Tomorrow my last day of the pills then the fun starts. We already have names picked out if it's a boy his name will be Tyler, if a girl Taliyah! We have twins names too lol if boys or girls Tyler and Taylor same if one if each boy and girl!

I know we all will be great parents, it's gonna happen this year! I had another interview at a school, well a second interview for same school as before I should know by next week something and also a different school is considering me for a position as well and I will know next week about that too!

GOOD THINGS happening every where this year and like you told me the year of the horse :)

Haha I know, I love that they use our lingo! We definitely do have great men in our lives :) I have definitely backed off from the baby conversation more than I usually do. Men really do have a different way of thinking and processing information, so I am giving him some space to find his voice in all of this.

Tarrance II, how special. I think I remember that from your youtube video now :)

Taliyah is such a cute name! I really like Tyler and Taylor too. Our first daughter will be Norah, and we have yet to agree on a boy name that we both like. We've literally been discussing it for years, and still can't agree on one. Lol.

Woohoo CD6! I'm sorry you have been having hot flashes, but I am also glad to hear that it hasn't been too bad. I hope it stays that way for you! :) I'm CD29 right now; I was terrible at tracking O this month, so I don't know what to expect. I'm just waiting it out for my first AF to see if my body starts getting back to normal or not.

That is so great that you had a second interview for on of the schools! That is definitely a positive sign that they are interested. I hope you have some wonderful opportunities being offered to you next week by both schools. I look forward to hearing about it :)

Yes, good things ARE happening this year for us :happydance:

I love her name that is so beautiful!

I'm sorry to write and run but DH is off today so date night tonight.
Update as well I got ECM ahhhh never happen to me before hopefully it means ovulation will happen soon yayyy I will pick up opks today and test starting today!

Im suppose to be writing a paper but I can't a lot is on my mind. I am gonna blame the pills which today is the last day of them. Ive been moody today, sad and mixed emotions. I started looking up things about pregnancy and I thought what if it doesn't happen, I know I know... it will happen again because I have gotten pregnant twice but I guess bc its not happening as fast as I thought it makes me discourage. But I know with time it will happen. I cried earlier and typing this made me feel better. I basically slept all day, only took my dogs out and came back in the house and laid down. Ive been a donwer today. Hopefully I will have a better day tomorrow!!!

I love her name that is so beautiful!

I'm sorry to write and run but DH is off today so date night tonight.
Update as well I got ECM ahhhh never happen to me before hopefully it means ovulation will happen soon yayyy I will pick up opks today and test starting today!

Im suppose to be writing a paper but I can't a lot is on my mind. I am gonna blame the pills which today is the last day of them. Ive been moody today, sad and mixed emotions. I started looking up things about pregnancy and I thought what if it doesn't happen, I know I know... it will happen again because I have gotten pregnant twice but I guess bc its not happening as fast as I thought it makes me discourage. But I know with time it will happen. I cried earlier and typing this made me feel better. I basically slept all day, only took my dogs out and came back in the house and laid down. Ive been a donwer today. Hopefully I will have a better day tomorrow!!!

Aww Brittany, I am so sorry you were having an off day. There were so many days over the last several years (when I wasn't even trying) that I have worried myself sick about the possibility of not being able to conceive and have our own children. Your body has been through so much over the last year or so that maybe that is why it hasn't exactly been back to normal and has taken a bit longer than you expected. You are doing everything right though! The EWCM is a great sign! I know it will happen for you, but I do pray that it happens SOON for you. I'm so sorry you are feeling down lately. I have those days too. As much as I wish we didn't have those days, it's still OK to have them sometimes. Just think, we are always trying to be so strong and optimistic that sometimes we naturally lose some of that energy, hope, and motivation. It's never kept either of us down for long, and you know you are never going to give up trying until you have the family you've always wanted. Hang in there lady; I'm praying for you every day!

I noticed you said you had dogs! I have one too! I don't know why that has never come up, but I love animals SO much. Our dog is our baby girl, but I keep telling DH that she is more of a handful than a child would be!

Haha, yes I love Norah for some reason. It's a little different, and not very common, but I always come back to it. :)

All of my effort trying to prevent myself from getting sick didn't work. I either caught the flu or a bad cold. My body felt like I had been hit by a truck yesterday. Ugh! I hate being sick, especially when I have SO much studying to do.

Anyway, I'm excited your anniversary is coming up, and I hope you start seeing those positive OPKs soon :)

I have two dogs a yorkie and a Pitt they are a handful especially the yorkie Gizmo is his name and diamond is the Pitt!

You are right we never stay down I'm actually feeling soo much better and ima keep fighting to get our miracle baby!

I'm sorry you feel bad, sounds exactly how I was feeling a couple of weeks ago. But it took me a week to shake whatever it was. I pray a speedy recovery for you.

Today is our anniversary, we gonna go eat and have drinks, I was thinking twice about having a alcoholic beverage bc we are TTC but what the heck I haven't received a positive opk so I wanna enjoy and relax some, I have mid terms next week and a paper this weekend due! So here's to a good night!

Hope you feel better soon! :)

So, I am so excited that I got a positive opk this morning at 9 YAYYYY, it was so funny I was taking the test and DH loves to walk in on me in the bathroom and he did and said oh and walked out. So as I was waiting on the results I was talking to him and then he said check it babe, I did and the word POSITIVE popped up. I jumped up and down and said yayy babe, now mind you I am running late for work, he said BD time come on before work LOL!! AHHH I love that man, so we will BD tonight again and tomorrow and day after so I think we will be covered this cycle so my 2 week wait starts offically tomorrow!!!

I hope you are feeling much better. I made another video the other day and I will make on today about my opks!!!

Haven't heard from you??
I'm worried I hope everything is okay!!!

As for me I am 4dpo, very tired and feeling a little sick and fullness in my belly I hope all good things and I will test between 12-16 I'll decide when the day gets closer!!

Hey!!!!!!

I was so excited to see some of your updates; I don't even know where to start! I want to jump around and dance about your positive OPK!! That is so amazing, not to mention you got all your baby dancin' in! Woohoo!! I know the two-week wait always seems SO long, but I am praying praying praying that you get your little miracle baby! You mentioned you were 4DPO. What are you now? (I will look back after I post this to see what day that post was from) AHHH I am so excited for you! The tiredness and fullness sound great so far! I think the fatigue/sleeping a lot was the biggest indicator for me before I tested.

I am genuinely so excited to see the positive news. Even though I hadn't been online, I was thinking about you every day and sending positive thoughts your way! I have such high hopes for you this cycle. It seems like everything is going according to plan :) It literally warms my heart.

My midterms are mostly over, so I am hoping for things to start calming down a bit over here. Last week was awful until about Friday. I woke up with anxiety attacks almost every night, and I was incredibly stressed and depressed. I wasn't sleeping or eating well, and to top it off I was sick. I don't know if it was just because of all of my schoolwork or a combination of everything, but I was definitely struggling. However, my world instantly got better when my dad came to visit. I hadn't seen him since our wedding last summer, and it was so wonderful to have him here for a few days. I'm a Daddy's girl, so I had a rough day when he left yesterday. AF also came yesterday, which brought up mixed feelings. I'm now on to my first "official" cycle since my miscarriage. Now here I am today; Tuesday's are usually my day off from school. I did a lot of homework all morning and afternoon, and I am finally feeling good about everything. I think it brought a great sense of calmness to have my dad here, and it feels great to finally have a day to relax from school.

Your dogs sound adorable! I have a chiweenie named Dahlia...she doesn't look like one at all though. She's bigger than a chihuahua and a weiner dog; she's a little over twenty pounds. I actually got her, because she looks more like a little golden retriever. She's cute, I swear! Haha.

Happy belated anniversary! I hope you both had a wonderful time celebrating two amazing, beautiful years together. :) I'm such a sap; I love love! Dinner and drinks sound lovely! (I wouldn't feel guilty for having an alcoholic beverage at all! ;) )

How are your midterms and papers coming? I hope everything is going great! Also, have you heard anything about the jobs you interviewed for? I'm sorry again for not being around!

EEEK, I have to say one more time how excited I am that everything is coming together for you!:happydance: I'm going to go watch your video now too!

I'm sorry you have been having such a rough time! But I know you seeing your day made you feel better and more relax and which why AF came, AF will be late if you stress out so that's good she came! Your off sound so cute I will post a pic of my dogs if I can ever catch them sitting still!
I am currently 5dpo and I am having this soreness feeling in the center of my abdomen, also my husband has gotten sick like morning sickness and the only time he get sick is when I'm pregnant and he said you better be lol! I feel bad but at the same time I'm soo excited and hoping this will finally be our BFP and sticky bean!

Far as school I have a midterm this week and another test due by Saturday then I'll be on Spring Break!! Also I did hear from the school they picked someone else :( but it's okay tho! Our school system hear is so jacked up, we use to have two school systems now they are breaking it up into many school systems it's soo much going on! But we don't want our kids going to school here we wanna better education because things have changed soo much since we were in school!!

Any who I'm soo happy to hear you are feeling better and know I am always here for you!!! :)

Thank you! Yes, I'm feeling better this week thankfully! I just keep moving along :)

Yes, I would love to see some pictures of your dogs when you get around to it! I'll try to get one of mine too; it's definitely not an easy task.

Wow, that is so funny that your husband gets sick when you are pregnant! I love those silly little "signs" that people have that end up being an indicator that something is up (like pregnancy). The world works in fun and mysterious ways. I'm sorry your hubby isn't feeling well, but I'm sure he would be more than thrilled if it was another sign that you were pregnant! I was going to say it earlier, but I have honestly had this strong feeling that you are going to get your sticky bean this cycle. I don't know what it, but I am staying positive for you!

I watched your video about the OPKs. I wish I had advice about which day was your "true" O day. I don't know enough about how ovulations predictors work, but I can see why that would be confusing! The one from CD14 definitely looked positive, but I feel like the digital response from CD11 would have been more accurate. Either way, it sounds like you have your bases covered with the BD. I wouldn't worry about skipping the one (or two?) days; it seems like you had great timing either way! It only takes once! In fact, when I got pregnant in January, I only BD once around ovulation...two or three days before actually. You will find out soon enough, so keep your hopes up and enjoy these next two weeks!! I'm excited for you to start testing! What day do you think you will start? In response to your video, it's up to you how much you want to test. I know if it was me, I would be testing A LOT. I can't help it!:haha:

I'm sorry to hear about the school job, but that just means something better is in store for you! It sounds like the school district is a mess right now, but hopefully all the changes will bring positive outcomes. Good luck on your midterm and test this week! I'm sure you will do great.

It's so nice to catch up with you! I didn't realize it had been a whole week since I had been on B&B, but I knew it felt weird that I hadn't talked to you! Haha. I'm so glad you are doing well, and I can't wait to see what things are in store for you in the next few weeks. :)

Thanks again for everything; it is nice to know you are there for me! I am always here for you as well! :)

I don't know how I always end up writing so much! I'm sorry. I always try to keep it short, but clearly that never happens. :dohh: Oh well!

Lol well I'm perfectly fine with the long messages we both have so much to say.

Well I am pretty sure about the opks I will use CD 11 but like you said I do have all the days covered so hopefully!! I am so excited and I am praying I get my BFP this cycle, I have been feeling weird yesterday and today like a soreness in my abdominal, I can't lay on my stomach, it feels like I been doing exercising and my tummy sore idk I can't explain, oh yeah I get sick last night with DH it was awful he stayed home from work with me cause we both felt bad..

I may test the earliest on dpo12 bc I always gotten BFP on 16dpo so I will see, I am a POAS addict I just don't have any test I guess when I cave in I will buy more!!

Lol it's true! I have never been able to keep my writing short and concise. I am that person that goes well over the page limit for all my school papers. Haha.

Anyway, everything you are experiencing sounds really good so far! I am so sorry you haven't been feeling too well, but I am also hoping that it's a positive sign! Tender abdomen, feeling that weird "exercise" pain, and feeling sick all sound very promising! That's actually funny that you say it seems like you have been exercising, because I said those exact words before I got my BFP! I only bring it up my experience, because even though it didn't last, I finally know what it FELT like to be pregnant. I am praying and hoping that everything you experience will lead you to an unmistakeable, blaring BFP soon! That is so sweet that your DH stayed home with you. You all keep hanging in there! :)

I know what you mean about being a POAS addict! It's hard to see those negatives when you test early, but at least you know that your body typically doesn't start showing signs of a BFP until 16DPO. As a side note, your 16DPO is my birthday...so my biased opinion is that March is good, lucky month ;) I hope that is the case for you!:happydance:

Oh really how cool is that I'll be testing on your bday! If I don't cave in, and I know the feeling is so amazing but this time it's so strange I never felt it like this tho,but for you to say you felt this makes me think this could be it!! This two week wait is gonna drive me nuts! I may buy test Friday no I need to wait until mid next week!!! Geesh I have to keep myself busy!! Honestly I think the soreness I am feeling could be implantation but when I read about it it say that happen between 6-12 dpo and then takes a few days for hcg hormones to show on a test, idk I'm just gonna wait it out and see

Oh, I'm sure I would cave and test early too! That is cool though :) Does everything feel strange in a good way? Do you remember feeling anything similar in your previous pregnancies? I will look back at my FF from that cycle to see what dpo I was when I started feeling all of those weird things. The TWW always makes us nuts, so definitely find some things to keep your mind busy! :) It sounds like you were going to deep clean...that's what I usually do when I am trying to distract myself (or procrastinate doing my homework). It would definitely make sense if it was implantation pains; 6-12 days is normal, but it can always happen a few days sooner or later too. You're 6dpo now, so I am hoping that fertilized egg is working it's way to implant in your uterus if it hasn't already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->