Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

It was extremely important for me to pick a name right away. As I had some very bad gender disappointment I needed it to start bonding with him. So DH and I sat down and made a strict list of what we didn't want, which no names starting with any of the same consonants with boys now, and since there is a bit of similarity to the endings of their names (on or er) we would want to stay with that. So that widdled it down a lot for us. Then when i saw Declan it was perfect! Believe me it hasn't always been this easy. With my previous husband we argued relentlessly about names. Mason was nameless for about five days!! Jackson was argued about too. He wanted the name and I did not.....he just kept at me and I finally gave in.

I'm due April 15.

No name here, either. With dd we waited until she was born to name her, and we hadn't really settled on anything for sure. We did have a front runner though. This time I don't know. We aren't really agreeing on many names at all, and I don't LOVE the ones we do agree on. DH never really seems that into discussing it, and then he'll randomly suggest something. His latest suggestionw as Roman which I don't really like.

We are the same way, so I know how it is... He will randomly say a name and I can relate it to something in my past or a kid at gymnastics or friends there is always something... He really likes dead republican presidents, Kennedy, Reagan, Madison etc... NOT ME!! So I think the name will end up being a game day decision...:shrug:

My Braxton-Hicks eased of & so did the menstrual cramping. Looks like I might have an irritable uterus. Doc was able to put mind at ease a bit and seems all is ok. She told me what to watch fr & when to come in.
Hopeful: I hope you passed glucose test. Going to do it this week. I don't think I wld mind a stricter diet as I've been pretty naughty with sweets the last few days.

I have a naming postponing husband as well. He avoids the naming subject, but agreed to have a shortlist done by February. That's at least something. With Finley I was in hospital when we decided on the name. I don't want that again. I told him that he can pick a name of my shortlist if push comes to shove (3 names, but 1 that's my favorite). I'm not going to dig into naming websites while in labour. Allfrthegirl: I love that you have the naming part done! I like Declan.

Due date fr this lad is April 1, but consistently measured a week ahead.

FAILED... but I am ok with it I too could stand to be a better eater the last 3 months as I plan on waiting this one out unlike last time I requested an induction because of work stress and winter coming... We each have a short list but I dislike all his and he kind of is on the fence with mine...

Everly
Delaney
Willow
Aurora

An April fools baby!! Were you late/early with others?

It was extremely important for me to pick a name right away. As I had some very bad gender disappointment I needed it to start bonding with him. So DH and I sat down and made a strict list of what we didn't want, which no names starting with any of the same consonants with boys now, and since there is a bit of similarity to the endings of their names (on or er) we would want to stay with that. So that widdled it down a lot for us. Then when i saw Declan it was perfect! Believe me it hasn't always been this easy. With my previous husband we argued relentlessly about names. Mason was nameless for about five days!! Jackson was argued about too. He wanted the name and I did not.....he just kept at me and I finally gave in.

I LOVE Declan, that is a beautiful name and I like that you straight away picked it and bonded!! We have agreed to take an extended break in the naming game. My husband said if by April we can't agree we will take each of our lists and put the names in a hat and draw, that will not happen...

Looks like you have a full packed February!! My husband would be super excited if our baby was due on St. Patrick's Day as he is Irish... I feel as though our pregnancies in the beginning drag and then all of a sudden BOOM time is moving... I can't believe how the time has now been moving 2 weeks 3rd tri and I have nothing done...

How are you feeling? Are you kids excited for a little brother? :hugs:

It will definitely help make the time go by faster that is for sure. My DH thinks it is neat that we are due then and picked an Irish name.

My boys are excited but not overly. My oldest had a better reaction this time compared to last time, but that is because he has bonded a lot with Zander. They are two peas in a pod lately. The most excited one was jackson but I think that is more because he subconsciously knows he won't be the middle child anymore. Ethan likes to hug my belly and say he loves Declan it is very cute. Z I am not sure understands fully other than he knows we talk about there being a baby in my belly.

I am sorry you failed your test. :sad1:

Hopeful: I love the name Everly and Willow. Too bad yr OH isn't into it. Sorry you failed your test. You can look at it as your new year's resolution diet! Take care.

My first born was born at 36 wks & had a hard time getting going with feeding...At 3 now, he's still underweight & small. Food has just never been a priority fr my little lad. It's hard fr me to even imagine going all through to 40 weeks. There was no explanation fr broken waters, which makes me a bit jumpy now with aches & pains. I don't have problems right now and I'm grateful. No sign of irritated uterus or BH today.

Allfrthegirl: didn't realize Declan's due on St Patrick's day. Would be great if you deliver then, because then there will always be a party to go to when he's older! Nice that your boys share excitement.

An irritable uterus is no fun!! I have had one to varying degrees with every child after #1. It can be very stressful when baby is preterm still.

Hope you're results come back ok Hopeful.

I'm due on the 21st of April.

I failed :cry:... At least I knew it was a very possible outcome and I was prepared. I passed hour 1 and failed hour 2 but only by 10 points which requires me to follow the diabetic protocol. So my diabetic diet starts Thursday until I give birth...

Sorry to hear that. Hope the months pass quickly for you.

What did the test involve? I've got mine on the 27th. I have a diabetic sister and nephew so automatically get tested.

Hope you're results come back ok Hopeful.

I'm due on the 21st of April.

I failed :cry:... At least I knew it was a very possible outcome and I was prepared. I passed hour 1 and failed hour 2 but only by 10 points which requires me to follow the diabetic protocol. So my diabetic diet starts Thursday until I give birth...

Sorry to hear that. Hope the months pass quickly for you.

What did the test involve? I've got mine on the 27th. I have a diabetic sister and nephew so automatically get tested.

My test was the 2 hour one... I had to fast the night before, went in they drew blood. I had 5 minutes to drink the horrible sugar drink. After an hour they drew more blood, then after another hour.... So I passed the first hour and failed the second but only by 10 points which just puts me passed borderline so I have to follow the diabetic guidelines. I have to test my blood 3 times a day and maintain a certain diet... I was prepared for it and the diet will be good for me keep me at a good weight!!

Sounds a bit of a hassle but guess it's better to know and be able to do something about it.

Sorry about the diabetes test, Hopeful. That sucks but like you say, eating well is good. I have mine tomorrow and am a little worried. Here we do an initial test (one hour) and then you have to do the fasting test if you fail. I've eaten so much junk over the holidays, so I'm a bit worried. Did you have GD with your first?

I love all those names - especially Willow and Aurora. (I also like Willa as a variation or nickname).

Glad I'm not the only one in name limbo! It's so hard. Declan is great, and I like Zander too. Here's our sort of list, with ones DH grudgingly says "OK" to:

Benedict
Elliot
Franklin (DH doesn't like but DD likes "Frankie")
Xavier (dh says maybe)
Sebastian (dh says maybe, I think? He also changes his mind a lot... )

Some of the names I like are more out there so I don't think there's a chance DH would go for them: Darwin, Finnegan, Garrison, Gallagher, Calloway, Callahan, Gulliver, Rupert, Felix, Peter, August or Augusten. He doesn't like the first few because he is opposed to last names as first names.

His suggestions have included:

Cam
Roman
Tristan
John
Jack (a family name that has already been used by someone else in the family)

Any ideas on names we might both like?

28 weeks today! I can't believe it! Third trimester is here!

Penelope: I'm sure you'll find one to agree on. Your selection is pretty eclectic. Suggest even the ones you think he won't consider. My OH still tells me that Finley is NOT a unisex name!! He doesn't like unisex names. The only name so far that he's considering is Quinn...another unisex name!! It's my favorite.

I was wondering how you ladies are carrying? I'm carrying all in front and low. I feel little turtle hardly ever above my belly button. I'm now about the size I was when I delivered Finley. And people this week have all been flabbergasted when I tell them I'm due April 1. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Qmama i am carrying out and high...as my ribs are not happy and neither is my back. I have been about the size I was just before delivering with my last. Here is a pic from just after christmas.....

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=919366&d=1451143707

I feel a lot bigger today will have post a pic soon!!

Sorry about the diabetes test, Hopeful. That sucks but like you say, eating well is good. I have mine tomorrow and am a little worried. Here we do an initial test (one hour) and then you have to do the fasting test if you fail. I've eaten so much junk over the holidays, so I'm a bit worried. Did you have GD with your first?

I love all those names - especially Willow and Aurora. (I also like Willa as a variation or nickname).

Glad I'm not the only one in name limbo! It's so hard. Declan is great, and I like Zander too. Here's our sort of list, with ones DH grudgingly says "OK" to:

Benedict
Elliot
Xavier (dh says maybe)

Some of the names I like are more out there so I don't think there's a chance DH would go for them: Darwin, Finnegan, Garrison, Gallagher, Calloway, Callahan, Gulliver, Rupert, Felix, Peter, August or Augusten. He doesn't like the first few because he is opposed to last names as first names.

Cam
Roman
Tristan
John

I LOVE: Benedict, Elliot, Xavier, Tristan, Finnegan, Gulliver and Calloway.... Most of these were on my list if I was having a boy!!! I can't wait to hear what you decide on!!

Benedict
Elliot
Xavier (dh says maybe)

Cam
Roman
Tristan
John

Sorry I was so wrapped up in your names I forgot to answer your question.... yes I had GD with Emery, my sister also had it with all 3 of her girls.... :growlmad:

28 weeks today! I can't believe it! Third trimester is here!

Penelope: I'm sure you'll find one to agree on. Your selection is pretty eclectic. Suggest even the ones you think he won't consider. My OH still tells me that Finley is NOT a unisex name!! He doesn't like unisex names. The only name so far that he's considering is Quinn...another unisex name!! It's my favorite.

I was wondering how you ladies are carrying? I'm carrying all in front and low. I feel little turtle hardly ever above my belly button. I'm now about the size I was when I delivered Finley. And people this week have all been flabbergasted when I tell them I'm due April 1. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Happy 3rd trimester!! I am 27 weeks tomorrow!! I feel now time is going too fast and I am not as prepared as I was the first time!! I love Quinn, its on my list as well and my husband says "maybe", he likes Quinlinn and I am not good with that!

Picture taken this Tuesday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members