Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

The nasal pregnancy thing sounds like a real drag! Sorry to hear that! I had a lot of allergies as a teenager & my nose was running 24/7. Gladly it all went away. But I know how annoying that is. Feeling like your head is stuck in fish bowl...

Hopeful: if working full-time fr >600hs in the past year, then you're entitled to a year paid mat leave! I cant remember what the pay out rate is. Its a percentage of yr full wage. Believe it or not, they are even considering giving people 18 months maternity leave now! They will adjust pay outs fr the extended mat leave. Canada is pretty awesome that way. I'm self employed, and didn't pay into the system, so I get nada. Fair enough though. I'm planning to reopen my daycare when baby is 6 months. My OH earns well, so its not too crippling.

Aww sorry hopeful. Sounds rough. At least you have wrapping up work stuff to look forward to.

How many weeks into your pregnancy are those of you in work planning to work up to. I'm hoping to keep going for as long as possible. Maybe up to 37 or 38 weeks if doable.

Thank you... I am do April 9th, I plan on working from home up until the 8th which is a Friday. Fingers cross, I am taking the 12 paid weeks I get and an additional 2 of vacation which will bring me back towards the end of July. THis is if everything goes as I want it to, but we all know how that works.... How much time are you taking?

I'll be taking a full year off. We get full pay for two months then half pay for one, then down to statutory pay for the remainder up to a max of 52 weeks. Can't wait and wonder if I'll want to go back at the end of the year.

The nasal pregnancy thing sounds like a real drag! Sorry to hear that! I had a lot of allergies as a teenager & my nose was running 24/7. Gladly it all went away. But I know how annoying that is. Feeling like your head is stuck in fish bowl...

Hopeful: if working full-time fr >600hs in the past year, then you're entitled to a year paid mat leave! I cant remember what the pay out rate is. Its a percentage of yr full wage. Believe it or not, they are even considering giving people 18 months maternity leave now! They will adjust pay outs fr the extended mat leave. Canada is pretty awesome that way. I'm self employed, and didn't pay into the system, so I get nada. Fair enough though. I'm planning to reopen my daycare when baby is 6 months. My OH earns well, so its not too crippling.

I believe the rate is 55% (maybe 65%) of our wage unless topped up by the company we work for. Though not many company's actually do it and if so for a few months at a time. I worked for Canada Post and got two months of top up. When I worked for the provincial gov and had about 6 weeks of top up, both to 95% of my wage.

You Canadians (and Scots) are making me jealous! I get a semester off from teaching. This time, my timing was pretty good, so I'll get some grad students to cover the last few weeks of the Spring semester, have the summer off, and then the fall semester off. So I'll go back when the baby is 8 months old. The problem is it is really hard not to do any work at all during leave, because research and scholarship keeps going. With my daughter, I got copyedits to review for a major book project the day she was born and had 2 weeks to go through them! I did them mostly with one hand while nursing or holding a sleeping newborn in the other arm. All things considered, though, I have a much better deal than a lot of others in the US who get so little time off. It's really appalling.

I teach in an English department, but my focus is on rhetoric and professional writing.

We don't do badly here, but the statutory pay isn't great so many women are back in work much earlier.

Sounds hard going having to juggle work and a newborn. You must have been exhausted. Glad your timing has worked out better this time.

Woke up with lower back ache & menstrual cramping. It comes in little waves every 5-6 minutes. It woke me up & is worrying me. It's not very painful, maybe 2/10 on painscale. Of course, my prenatal visit was yesterday ... I don't know how labour starts as last time I was induced with drip 2 days after water broke. I'm calling it in, but feel slightly ridiculous...

Woke up with lower back ache & menstrual cramping. It comes in little waves every 5-6 minutes. It woke me up & is worrying me. It's not very painful, maybe 2/10 on painscale. Of course, my prenatal visit was yesterday ... I don't know how labour starts as last time I was induced with drip 2 days after water broke. I'm calling it in, but feel slightly ridiculous...

Oh know, I am sure its nothing but call in to be safe... If you can lay down get your feet up and relax do so... Keep us posted... :hugs:

You Canadians (and Scots) are making me jealous! I get a semester off from teaching. This time, my timing was pretty good, so I'll get some grad students to cover the last few weeks of the Spring semester, have the summer off, and then the fall semester off. So I'll go back when the baby is 8 months old. The problem is it is really hard not to do any work at all during leave, because research and scholarship keeps going. With my daughter, I got copyedits to review for a major book project the day she was born and had 2 weeks to go through them! I did them mostly with one hand while nursing or holding a sleeping newborn in the other arm. All things considered, though, I have a much better deal than a lot of others in the US who get so little time off. It's really appalling.

I teach in an English department, but my focus is on rhetoric and professional writing.

You planned this very well this time good for you!! We planned ours around the seasons and my work. It was important for me to be here for first quarter, so I will be off all of 2nd and back for 3rd and 4th... I would agree with maternity leave at some US companies I don't feel as though 6 weeks is acceptable at all and 0 for others. My company is a large international bank and we get 12 full paid weeks and 14 if C-section. WHich is perfect for me as I go crazy too long at home and need adult social communication and activity!! lol

Thinking of you, hope all is ok. Please let us know how you get on today after called it in. Better to be safe than sorry xx

I'm good. They went away as soon as the day really started. I called it in & they advised go monitor. If the got stronger or stayed on, then I could have gone in today.

Instead of taking it easy I reorganized our living room (yes...dragging furniture) cleaned our bedroom, set up the dining room fr friends coming over in 2 days, did a load of washing, went fr a two hour hike, cooked. I'm exhausted & happy now but slightly worried I overdid it. I'm sure I'll pay fr it with a total lack of energy tomorrow. My only plan tomorrow is food shopping & watching TV. My OH will have to step up tomorrow & take our tod along.

That's good to hear. Don't burn yourself out doing too much.

Q I have even had the period type cramping on and off for the last month maybe. They are different than the BH I get, but I do get them from time to time! Scary for sure.

Today will be busy for me. I am putting on our finger food supper and have to prep for that. I have started the stuffed mushrooms last night, so I just need to put it into the oven. The mussels and the veggies can be made closer to the event. I have dessert for tomorrow to make, and then sit back enjoy the food, then wrap Santa gifts tonight. We were going to do it last night, but DH and I got in an argument, of course, and talked it out until 11pm which is already and hour past my late bed time. :haha:

I am sure that I won't be able to check in until tomorrow or next day so want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas
:xmas1::xmas3::xmas5::xmas7::xmas11::xmas13::xmas15::xmas17::xmas19::xmas21::xmas23::xmas22::xmas20::xmas18::xmas16::xmas12::xmas10::xmas8::xmas6::xmas4::xmas2:
(for all the good and bad this season)

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and very Happy New Year!! Not sure how much I will be on over the next week as i am on vacation!! I hope you all enjoy your families and can relax.... :hugs:

Merry Christmas ladies.
I'm making the most of this being our last Christmas just the two of us and having a quiet one. Hope you all have a fabulous time how ever you're celebrating.

To all you lovely ladies! Enjoy the Xmas spirit & food over the holidays. Wishing you an awesome 2016 with the new family addition. May all our babies have a super relaxed temperament, a healthy appetite & a knack for falling asleep at the right times!
Xxx

--can't believe it's Christmas already!--

Q I have even had the period type cramping on and off for the last month maybe. They are different than the BH I get, but I do get them from time to time! Scary for sure.

I am sure that I won't be able to check in until tomorrow or next day so want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas
:xmas1::xmas3::xmas5::xmas7::xmas11::xmas13::xmas15::xmas17::xmas19::xmas21::xmas23::xmas22::xmas20::xmas18::xmas16::xmas12::xmas10::xmas8::xmas6::xmas4::xmas2:
(for all the good and bad this season)

Thanks fr letting me know. That was exactly it! Waves of bachache & period cramping. Very happy there's no sign of if today anymore!

Hey ladies! I hope you all got through the Xmas days. I had it all planned out & hosted a boxing day event with fingerfoods. It went well, but oh boy... Prepping homemade appetizers fr 12 people required more time then I thought. Of course my OH only job was watching our toddler, which seemed to be a tad too hard!!!
Then my OH invited friends the day after fr another meal...and forgot to tell me in advance. It all went well & was fun. But I'm tired & ready to sleep all day.
Today I'm left with a pile of dishes & messy house. And I can't ask oh to give me a hand as its his birthday. It'll have to wait!

How have your holidays been so far? Are you all feeling well?

That sounds exhausting Qmama!

Relaxing Christmas here. We had no staff on for a couple days, so it was nice just being the two of us here. Gave me the opportunity to hit the sales, mainly online, to order loads of baby stuff. Managed to get the majority of the large items needed and quite a few small bits and pieces, whilst saving a fair bit. Buying baby stuff can be so addictive though, but guess with it being our first and having taken so long to get our BFP it's bound to be exciting.

Plan is to get the nursery painted this week before furniture arrives on the 5th.

Christmas went off so well. I was very prepared and even made a time line on Christmas eve for when all things need to in the oven and when things needed to be prepared. It helped my DH get a sense of what was left and he was a tropper and did such good job helping out. This is not normally him, so I was proud of him! The boys and family enjoyed themselves. Played card games and a board game with the great-grandparents, which they really enjoyed. So even though I was going going going like Qmama I felt it went smoothly. Though I also had more helping hands than Q, so I think that helped me be not so tired at the end of the day. The perks of having a big family.

I do have to say that the month went way too fast.

Bekah shopping for your first is very exciting. I have everything for this one so I am not really shopping at all. I will just be washing his stuff beginning of feb, getting the hospital bag ready and that is about it.

Bekah, its great shopping fr baby. All the research fr prams, carseats, cribs, etc... So much fun! I've held on onto a lot of stuff from my first, so there'll be no need fr much. Did pick up a breastfeeding pillow, an excersaucer, new glass Brown's feeding bottles & ordered Hipp formula. All on sale or second hand so far. Oh and euhm...we lost our changing table...simply couldn't find it anywhere, so we pinched one from a Facebook swap site. I think I'm done now.

Allfrthegirl, nice that it all went smoothly! No doubt you're an expert in getting organized! I'm just hoping January will come & go as fast as December did!

Hopeful, where did you go on holiday? I hope you enjoyed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->