Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

penelope I hope your DD stayed in bed for you. That is a good strategy for someone else to do it. I didn't have that luxury with my boys when I having all the troubles. We lived way above the arctic circle and my hubby at the time mainly worked nights, so I was on my own. You are doing just fine momma!

Yeah, my husband works late 3-4 nights a week so then it is just me handling bedtime.

We stopped in at a baby store and found a double stroller on sale for $99. It is a sit and stand style and we tried that out with DD. She liked riding on the back and sitting in the little seat, so I think it will be good for us. I figure I can also wear the new baby in a wrap or carrier and use my regular stroller sometimes too--DD's stroller has more rugged tires and would be better if we ever go on trails and stuff.

Anyway, aside from clothes that will probably be my main baby purchase for this one.

Hello ladies!! Well the scan went well, all cysts have dissolved and she is growing perfectly!! Weighing in at 2.5 pounds, and measuring 2 days a head!! She did not behave very well for a face profile picture, she is head down facing my back. She really likes punching and kicking my bladder and pelvis area I have constant pressure... I have lost 1.5 pounds since a full week on my gestational diet, which is great, I hope to drop a couple more before I just level out with baby growth.

Now the whole big girl bed thing...

1st night: She only freaked out once (2am), but was able to get her to lay back down and sleep through the rest of the night.

2nd night: No issues slept like a dream through the night!

3rd night: UGH only 3 hours of actual full sleep she ended up in bed with us. MISERABLE night, thank god I was off yesterday I would have been a zombie at work.

Last night: Slept like a dream all night, asked her this morning how her sleep time went and she said it was good she could use more, and I told her see what happens when you sleep all night in a big girl bed!!

So we will see, I am hoping she is settling in, but who knows I am sure there will more set backs but all and all she likes the idea of the bed.

I hope all of you are well and feeling good!!

Hopeful sounds like things are starting when it comes to the big girl bed! Have you thought of a sticker chart? For when she has a full week she gets a small treat, and then when she get a whole month (or something with a longer period) you get her a bigger treat?

I am glad that the cysts dissolved nicely, and she is measuring just perfect! Who wouldn't want to lose some weight!! I have gained almost 19 lbs so far and I don't see why I need anymore, but we will see.

Great news about the cysts. Must be such a relief.
Sounds like the scan went really well.

I have my 28 week scan next Thursday. Worried baby is small I've only put on 11lbs so far and was underweight to start. It's not for the want of trying though!!

Hope, sounds good! Great news about the cysts and the big girl bed. My daughter is off and on. Last night, I put her down and then heard her banging around in her room for a while. I went up and she had taken her pajamas off (and it was a cold night)! Tonight, she went down no problem. Toddlers, huh? Some nights she wakes up and others she doesn't. And we've had a few terrible nights with multiple wake-ups too. Sometimes night terrors, sometimes nightmares. I'm hoping we're in a better rhythm by April!

Bekah, at my last visit I'd gained 11 pounds, too, but I was measuring on track. I definitely didn't start underweight though, so I was kind of hoping baby is taking extra calories from my thighs (haha). I bet your baby is just the right size!

Hopeful sounds like things are starting when it comes to the big girl bed! Have you thought of a sticker chart? For when she has a full week she gets a small treat, and then when she get a whole month (or something with a longer period) you get her a bigger treat?

I am glad that the cysts dissolved nicely, and she is measuring just perfect! Who wouldn't want to lose some weight!! I have gained almost 19 lbs so far and I don't see why I need anymore, but we will see.

She has so many stickers laying around that she plays with she loves them, so I am think of doing a prize shelf but not just for the bed but for attempted potty training... But not now one think at a time, I don't want to overwhelm her. Problem is she wants nothing to do with the potty she gets it and what not and in her class at school there are kids who go and use it, she won't even tell me when she POOPS!!! Anyone now have any tips on this?

I have my 28 week scan next Thursday. Worried baby is small I've only put on 11lbs so far and was underweight to start. It's not for the want of trying though!!

I am sure everything is good, do you feel him move? I know you are doing your best, as long as you are getting the nutrients you need for yourself and the baby that is what matters... Keep us posted!!

Hope, sounds good! Great news about the cysts and the big girl bed. My daughter is off and on. Last night, I put her down and then heard her banging around in her room for a while. I went up and she had taken her pajamas off (and it was a cold night)! Tonight, she went down no problem. Toddlers, huh? Some nights she wakes up and others she doesn't. And we've had a few terrible nights with multiple wake-ups too. Sometimes night terrors, sometimes nightmares. I'm hoping we're in a better rhythm by April!

Bekah, at my last visit I'd gained 11 pounds, too, but I was measuring on track. I definitely didn't start underweight though, so I was kind of hoping baby is taking extra calories from my thighs (haha). I bet your baby is just the right size!

I was just laughing out loud reading this.... That she took off her clothes!! Emery will take her clothes off and run around yelling I am a naked baby!! Its become a joke now, we let her do it before bath and not every night, I have no idea where she got it from but its amusing.

I am sure everything is good, do you feel him move? I know you are doing your best, as long as you are getting the nutrients you need for yourself and the baby that is what matters... Keep us posted!!

Some days I feel lots of movement and other days I don't feel a great deal. Some days it's proper kicks and punches and others it's as though he's having a stretch. Making it difficult to know if he's being more active than normal or not each day.

About the movements. I had doctor's visit today. I told her that this boy is pretty quiet. Sometimes I only feel him in the eve in bed.
She gave me following instructions: every day at same time, drink a glass of juice and sit & relax. Count 6 movements. If no 6 felt movements in 2 hours, then call & go in to be checked.
I think I'm not very sensitive though. He kicked the Doppler away (doc felt it) but I didn't physically feel it. I only heared the swoosh. Doc was surprised I didn't feel that...

I'll try that too. The movements, when they happen, do feel quite delicate so could just be I'm not feeling them too.

There definitely many movements I don't feel, as I see him moving around on ultrasound and I had no idea he was moving. Everyone and a while I have to laugh at him because he will move almost like he is swatting away a fly or something, as it is more rapid movement. My belly feels very strange when does it.

Hopeful, it sounds like our little ones would get along swimmingly. My daughter likes to run around "naker" (as she calls it) and has been resisting getting dressed lately. I guess it is just one of those stages. I have no potty training tips. I don't think my daughter knows when she is going either. Tonight I put her in training pants (the cloth kind) after her nap until bedtime. She had 4 accidents in the training pants. By the 3rd accident, she actually said "pee pee" but it was too late to make it to the potty. So I think she has a small bladder or hasn't learned how to hold it yet, and is just used to piddling all day long in her diaper. I'm going to keep trying the training pants to see if it helps her to figure out when she is going (and then eventually when she has to go).

I'm feeling my little one kick and move quite a bit--more than I thought I would with the anterior placenta. I guess it all just depends! With my daughter I felt more bulges--like she'd be shoving her butt out so you could see it jut out on one side--and more fluttery movements. Some kicks and punches. I haven't felt those bulges yet with this one, but maybe that was later on when she was taking up more room? I forget now.

Hopeful, it sounds like our little ones would get along swimmingly. My daughter likes to run around "naker" (as she calls it) and has been resisting getting dressed lately. I guess it is just one of those stages. I have no potty training tips. I don't think my daughter knows when she is going either. Tonight I put her in training pants (the cloth kind) after her nap until bedtime. She had 4 accidents in the training pants. By the 3rd accident, she actually said "pee pee" but it was too late to make it to the potty. So I think she has a small bladder or hasn't learned how to hold it yet, and is just used to piddling all day long in her diaper. I'm going to keep trying the training pants to see if it helps her to figure out when she is going (and then eventually when she has to go).

I'm feeling my little one kick and move quite a bit--more than I thought I would with the anterior placenta. I guess it all just depends! With my daughter I felt more bulges--like she'd be shoving her butt out so you could see it jut out on one side--and more fluttery movements. Some kicks and punches. I haven't felt those bulges yet with this one, but maybe that was later on when she was taking up more room? I forget now.

Next time I am in Charlotte I will let you know and our kids can run around naked!! Are you bracing for the storm??

Well ladies last night at dinner Emery says to us "I have to poop"! So we asked out if she would possibly like to use the potty and she said YES! So I ran and grabbed it and remember once how I read place the potty in a place that would keep their attention and keep them seated.... So I asked her if she wanted to watch cartoons while on th potty and she said yes. Pooty in livingroom, took off her pants and diaper she sat down and we walked away did not want to just stare. 2 minutes later she screamed "Mommy I pooped" I went and checked and she peed, which I told her no you peed are you done and she said "no I will poop". Again walked away 5 mnutes later you could smell it, I walked in and BOOM she pooped and peed!! We were so excited I wiped her put the daiper back on and gave her reward stickers!! half hour later she said she had to go again and she peed!! So not prepared for this as she has shown NO interest in going potty at all...

Just wanted to share my excitement!!

Awesome, Hope! With the snowy weather today we stayed in and made some progress too--P. went once (maybe twice?) unprompted. I've put the potty in front of the TV too. I've had her in underwear all day and I think that has helped. So far no poops on the potty though.

Not sure how bad it really is out there--I haven't turned the news on to see what kind of trouble people are getting into.

Got to love it! Potty training was highly frustrating, but since little Finley decided that he finally would do it, there was no more accidents! Accident free fr 3 weeks now! Go P. and go Emery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->