Will/Did You Buy a Baby Walker?

Red Rose

Reaction score
After reading the thread on BnB about the dangers of baby walkers, its got me thinking twice about buying one. Thought I'd put the question out there whether you will/did buy a baby walker and why/why not?

x

Ive got one yes..I think aslong as the child is supervised they are great and my eldest loved charging round in his bashing me in the legs ALL the time! lol x

We got one for River and will use one for this baby (obviously depending on whether she likes it).

River walked at 9 months so it didnt impede that and has no problems walking properly now. I know there are risks associated with them but with the correct responsibly use then i see no problem.

River was in it for maximum of 10-15 minutes at a time and probably only 30 minutes a day and we never used it near stairs (i know that seems obvious but it seems people have done this which is why its banned in canada!)

She was a little nutter in it, would come running at you screaming :D

No. Didn't really see the need and thought she'd just crash into things. I'm not a fan of large toys around the house anyway, and don't buy plastic ones, so it wasn't for us. I'm sure if you supervise them they'd be fine though.

Also we never used it with the intension of getting her to walk it was just nice for her to be at a different level and have the possible of moving a bit

Yep and he loved it! The backs of my legs never really recovered though :haha: O/T Kala, I've just seen you're having a little girl, congratulations :cloud9::cloud9: Looking foward to hearing her name, I adore River :thumbup: xx

No we have never had baby walkers, but not because of the safety aspect. I just don't like things which restrict baby's ability to experience the world and limit opportunities for exploration and movement.

Yep and he loved it! The backs of my legs never really recovered though :haha: O/T Kala, I've just seen you're having a little girl, congratulations :cloud9::cloud9: Looking foward to hearing her name, I adore River :thumbup: xx

Thank you :D

We are really struggling this time its between Quinn and Willow atm (I love love love Raine though but im not allowed lol)

Yes, because i will watch him and make sure he is safe! The only reason they aren't safe is because people stupidly leave their LO unattended when in them!! :dohh:

We are really struggling this time its between Quinn and Willow atm (I love love love Raine though but im not allowed lol)

Ooo shame, Raine is lovely and would go so well with River! I like Willow too though. Gorgeous name choices! :cloud9:

Oh no!! Why not Raine? :shock: That's gorgeous! Out of the other two I like Quinn, but then I love Glee lol.

Oh no!! Why not Raine? :shock: That's gorgeous! Out of the other two I like Quinn, but then I love Glee lol.

Chris thinks River and Raine are a bit too hippy together lol. Yea Quinn is my favourite out of the two, good old Glee lol.

I wont be buying one just because we don't really have the room. If we did then i would probably buy one

What type of walker are youtalking about? The one they sit in or the one they stand and push? We have one of the sit in kind but haven't got much use out of it, she more interested in crawling around. We do plan to get one of the stand and push ones though as she's standing and pushing at other things that aren't meant for it! :haha:
I never knew there was anything wrong with either of them though.

We have one ollie loved it he wasnt kept in it all day maybe 20 mins now he rarely uses it because he wants to cruise

Love the names Kala ive been wondering what you'd pick this time aswell didnt like to ask incase it was a secret xx

I voted no as I just don't like them. x

gabrielle had one but i wont be getting one for noah reason is bc gabrielle walked on her toes even when she coud walk on her own only wanted to stand up found crawiling annoying noah is crawling earlier

I got one with Liv. She never really charged round in it. She just used to push herself backwards on it, lol.

Harrison has one too, he is still too small for it. He sits in it thou, something different for him to play in. Although at the moment he is not too fond of it, lol.

No, but it's not an option here as they are illegal in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->