Will/Did You Buy a Baby Walker?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Red Rose, Apr 2, 2011.

?

Will/Did you buy a baby walker?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure yet

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Red Rose

Red Rose Well-Known Member

After reading the thread on BnB about the dangers of baby walkers, its got me thinking twice about buying one. Thought I'd put the question out there whether you will/did buy a baby walker and why/why not?

x

2. Kimmy25

Kimmy25 Well-Known Member

Ive got one yes..I think aslong as the child is supervised they are great and my eldest loved charging round in his bashing me in the legs ALL the time! lol x

3. special_kala

special_kala love my bugs

We got one for River and will use one for this baby (obviously depending on whether she likes it).

River walked at 9 months so it didnt impede that and has no problems walking properly now. I know there are risks associated with them but with the correct responsibly use then i see no problem.

River was in it for maximum of 10-15 minutes at a time and probably only 30 minutes a day and we never used it near stairs (i know that seems obvious but it seems people have done this which is why its banned in canada!)

She was a little nutter in it, would come running at you screaming :D

4. Tacey

Tacey Well-Known Member

No. Didn't really see the need and thought she'd just crash into things. I'm not a fan of large toys around the house anyway, and don't buy plastic ones, so it wasn't for us. I'm sure if you supervise them they'd be fine though.

5. special_kala

Also we never used it with the intension of getting her to walk it was just nice for her to be at a different level and have the possible of moving a bit

6. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

Yep and he loved it! The backs of my legs never really recovered though :haha: O/T Kala, I've just seen you're having a little girl, congratulations :cloud9::cloud9: Looking foward to hearing her name, I adore River :thumbup: xx

7. freckleonear

freckleonear Crunchy mummy

No we have never had baby walkers, but not because of the safety aspect. I just don't like things which restrict baby's ability to experience the world and limit opportunities for exploration and movement.

8. special_kala

Thank you :D

We are really struggling this time its between Quinn and Willow atm (I love love love Raine though but im not allowed lol)

9. mummyclo

mummyclo Guest

Yes, because i will watch him and make sure he is safe! The only reason they aren't safe is because people stupidly leave their LO unattended when in them!! :dohh:

10. freckleonear

freckleonear Crunchy mummy

Ooo shame, Raine is lovely and would go so well with River! I like Willow too though. Gorgeous name choices! :cloud9:

11. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

Oh no!! Why not Raine? :shock: That's gorgeous! Out of the other two I like Quinn, but then I love Glee lol.

12. special_kala

Chris thinks River and Raine are a bit too hippy together lol. Yea Quinn is my favourite out of the two, good old Glee lol.

13. PinkEmily

PinkEmily Well-Known Member

I wont be buying one just because we don't really have the room. If we did then i would probably buy one

14. llsarahll

llsarahll Mum to Ryan

He has got one at my mums and a jumperoo at home xx

15. Kalah

Kalah Guest

What type of walker are youtalking about? The one they sit in or the one they stand and push? We have one of the sit in kind but haven't got much use out of it, she more interested in crawling around. We do plan to get one of the stand and push ones though as she's standing and pushing at other things that aren't meant for it! :haha:
    I never knew there was anything wrong with either of them though.

16. bump_wanted

bump_wanted Ollie's Mummy & Just Preg

We have one ollie loved it he wasnt kept in it all day maybe 20 mins now he rarely uses it because he wants to cruise

Love the names Kala ive been wondering what you'd pick this time aswell didnt like to ask incase it was a secret xx

17. pinklizzy

pinklizzy Mummy to two little bears

I voted no as I just don't like them. x

18. halas

halas Well-Known Member

gabrielle had one but i wont be getting one for noah reason is bc gabrielle walked on her toes even when she coud walk on her own only wanted to stand up found crawiling annoying noah is crawling earlier

19. oliviarose

oliviarose Well-Known Member

I got one with Liv. She never really charged round in it. She just used to push herself backwards on it, lol.

Harrison has one too, he is still too small for it. He sits in it thou, something different for him to play in. Although at the moment he is not too fond of it, lol.

20. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

No, but it's not an option here as they are illegal in Canada.