Willpower for Dieting Support Thread

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Do you have will power? Can you take a bit of a chocolate bar and save the rest for another day? Can you say no to pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day?

The very thing that I do have is will power. A chocolate bar can last me 3 days. I say no to cake at birthdays and to pie at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I actually lose weight during the holidays. I eat the crust off a pizza but not eat the rest. I love peanut butter but never eat it.

I see that some who are trying to diet have a hard time with junk food in the house. Or who feel low and have a bad day turn to the no-no foods.

What are some tips that may help increase one's willpower?

For those that lost their goal weight, how did you gain your willpower?

Quite truthfully, I am very self-conscious about my weight and when I take a bit of something that is not good, I feel guilty and think about the nearest future and my goal weight. When I am at my goal weight and maintaining it, I think, if I continue to eat like this, I will gain and that prevents me from going overboard.

I like to think of the goal and focus on that goal. Unfortunately, it can be frustrating when you don't see that weight loss occurring too fast or at all, but eventually it can be done.

So my tip is to not let yourself get down and give yourself an excuse to eat no no foods and to focus on your goal.

Not ovulating is the best thing in the world to put your willpower up. I've never ever stuck to a diet before, I'd give in to chocolate after 2 days. Having completely off wack cycles and not ovulating made me think I really have to start losing weight now. So for the last 2 weeks I've not touched anything bad... to be honest, it's not actually a problem any more now. Once you get past those first few days you'll notice your cravings will go.

So that does it for me ... wanting to get pregnant is a massive motivation =)

where can i purchase this will power you talk about? :rofl:

My problem is this... I have will power to say no... but if I take a bite, I cant stop :rofl: So I just have to say no....

My problem is this... I have will power to say no... but if I take a bite, I cant stop :rofl: So I just have to say no....

I don't have any weight problems, but I am the most unhealthy eater around. I have this problem.

I have the willpower to say no and eat NOTHING, but as soon as I eat SOMETHING it's gone and I have to eat EVERYTHING.

As for could I eat a piece of chocolate and save the rest for another time? I couldn't even eat a biscuit and save the rest of the packet! Once I start I cant stop :( It makes me just feel like eating nothing at all... which I know that I can't do.

Honestly - How do you get the willpower?? It's not that I don't want it enough; I am desperately unhappy with my body, but I can't seem to get the get-up-and-go needed to exercise and not eat everything :(

Any tips??

I just cannot buy junk food... whether it be a chocolate bar or whatever!! It will get eaten.... my willpower is good until I buy bad foods!! I could easily eat a whole multipack crisps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->