• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Winter Rainbows after 2015 winter loss

Hi Blu- checking in to see how you are feeling? How are you and baby? Take good care and we hope to hear from you very soon!

Thanks everyone, were now home and both doing well. Turns out i had a rare condition called vasa praevia which had gone undiagnosed, its where babies vessels and cord grown outside of the membranes of the placenta and then block the exit of the cervix causing catastophic bleeding and often death of the baby in labour. Were both very lucky to be here and ill be forever grateful to my midwife for her swift intervention! Anyway enough drama, my gorgeous boy is doing so well adjusting to the big world and im totally in love with him. Still cant quite believe he was very nearly 9lbs!! Such a good job he came out of the sun roof haha. Ive been breastfeeding and topping up with some formula too, im not convinced that breastfeeding will be for us long term though, its extremely painful!
How is everyone else doing?fit you are so so close now eeeeeek! Jaspie hows bumpy?
Bernie hows baby Jameson doing?
Hopie is there any news on that BFP yet?
Have been so thankful to share my pregnancy journey with you ladies and cant wait to share our mummyhood milestones too ☺

Blu glad you and Baby Blu are at home and doing well!! Have you settled on a name for him yet? How scary about your condition, so glad you had a competent midwife. Is your condition what caused all the bleeding early in your pregnancy?

Have you tested yet Hopie? Really hope this is your month!

I went to the midwife yesterday and it sounds like I'll be joining the overdue club. I've had no real signs and Thomas's head has just started to drop into my pelvis - he seems pretty comfy in there and in no hurry at all. :shrug: Because there is a history of stillbirths in my family I'll be having sweeps, stress tests and ultrasounds starting next week and Thomas will be evicted sometime during week 41 if he doesn't come out on his own.

How is everything Jaspie and Bernie?

Blu! emailed you just now. Soo soo happy and relieved you both are at home now and all is good. My gosh- that was so scary reading that.. wow. I can't imagine how scary it was for you and your hubby but am sure it happened so fast, and now all that matters is all is okay. I wondered also if like Fit said, the bleeding the first 5 or so months was perhaps a symptom of that, but wouldn't the doctor have realized? Not that you want to think of that now as all that matters now is Baby Blu is here- healthy and beyond adorable..and big!! And you are healthy and doing well. So glad your midwife was so incredibly good and everyone is healthy and happy.. Thank GOD!

Fit- you are too funny -- 'will be evicted week 41'!! You guys always have the best sense of humor. Great that doctors will be doing all of that monitoring starting next week, just to be safe.
I'm doing alright, thanks. AF is officially late. Which has only ever happened the last 2 times I was pg. I think I'm in denial though. I don't know.. Chances I read online with age and all are like 3% and it was on a day that really I think was way past O day. I am just so confused. What can this be?!!

I also think I am scared. But I look at you, Fit, Jaspie, Bernie and oh my gosh Blu- how brave she was from the very beginning--- had it rough with the bleeding for months but always stayed so strong and positive-- all of you have. So my inspiration is with you guys. Maybe this year will end with some exciting news!

Bernie- hope all is great with you guys and Jaspie- hope you're feeling great. Blu- we would all love to see a picture of that cutie pie someday soon.. Rest up and take good care of yourself! And thanks everyone for the well wishes. xxxx

Blu so glad you're both ok, thank God your midwife was quick thinking. Scary! But he's here now and you're both healthy and happy which is the best news ever! Definitely interesting to find out if there's any link to your earlier bleeding. Hope breastfeeding stops being so painful soon but at least he is getting the best of both worlds being supplemented with formula too.
Hopie! AF is late?!!! :test: Exciting! Wishing for some lovely new year news for you! PAL is scary especially in the early weeks but they go by quickly and before you know it your pregnancy will be nearly over! Everything crossed for you!
Fit I hope you don't go overdue particularly as Thomas will need to be served his eviction notice! Hope you get some signs soon or it all happens quickly out of nowhere!
Hope everything is good Bernie!
All good here, bump is massive haha and baby J is nice and active <3 We had an online spending spree yesterday getting stuff for the nursery and the lounge so looking forward to starting work on getting his nursery together when things start arriving! Today we're picking up a moses basket and clothes from a friend and a Snuzpod from OH's friend so a busy day being out and about. My antenatal classes start next week which I'm excited for. There's a focus on making friends so i am looking forward to seeing who I meet :)

Lovely updates ladies, cant wait to see Hopies update!! That would really top off the year for me, I do hope we have another 2016 baby on the way in our little group&#128525;
Baby Blu has been officially named Jake! I am totally in love and hes such a good little boy. Hes all snuffly now and settling off back to sleep after his feed.
Fit baby Thomas may engage then you may go into labour quickly but if not you only have a couple of weeks max now and he will be here, cant wait to see our next rainbow.
Jaspie how much fun is baby shopping? I love it so much, our little man has had a whale of a time getting through all his new outfits in the last few days &#128516; i actually quite enjoy it at the minute as i want him to wear it all but i wont say that when i need to do the ironing haha. Youre so close now, look forward to hearing all about the nursery.
As for my earlier bleeding when Ive googled the condition it can be cauaed by early plaventa praevia when the placenta covers the cervix, it was a query when I had all the bleeding initially but was never confirmed. Either way I suppose it doesnt matter now as long as were both here to tell the tale and I am definitely done with pregnancy. Im delighted with my two boys and hubby... family is complete &#128525; xx

Hi friends!
Jaspie- thanks so much. Glad you had a fun online shopping spree and will be so much fun once everything arrives to set up his nursery! Cool about the classes starting and nice they put an emphasis on making friends. I need that! I guess the massive feeling will stick around last few weeks. :) I do like hearing how pregnancy seems to go fast. It sure has felt to me that it has gone very fast for you guys.
Though Fit, you might feel right now like - come on already! Like Jaspie said, maybe Thomas will surprise you and things will move quickly next week. Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Gosh Blu, I had read about that condition once. And yes, I bet you are done with pregnancy! You are so brave and strong and inspire me. Like you and Jaspie said, all that matter is you and baby are here and healthy. He sounds like such a good, happy little guy! How has DS taken to him? :)

So you're right Jaspie-- think I need to test. I sort of have been in denial. I keep getting head rushes though and dizzy. I couldn't complete my run because bb's are soo painful. Also crazy mood swings- sort of lost it with my dad-- he has had a bit of a relapse of the depression and I find myself not able to deal at all. So I don't know-- all signs are pointing to it but in reality a 3% chance. Though after last time I know not to believe percentages/stats on anything at all. Everyone i different!

So thanks friends. So sweet Blu saying that would top your year off. We all have had some past year on here.. it would be such great New Years news between your's and Fit's arrival!

Take extra good care of yourself, Fit! :) Keep us posted.
xxxx

Oh Hopie how exciting! I really hope you get good new year news! The signs are looking very positive!
Fit I've seen my friend today who said that she had no twinges or anything beforehand and then one day she suddenly went into labour and baby was born 4 hours later! So I am keeping everything crossed for you!

Oh please test Hopie im so excited!! Haha. Fit i had zero signs at all with DS #1, i went to bed and woke up to broken waters at 1am, hope it happens soon for you.
X

Thank you girls, your encouragement means so much - I have completely lost the ability to sleep at night no matter how tired I am and was up until 5 AM last night. :brat: The thought that Thomas could come along out of nowhere is cheering me up now. Reminds me of the cycle I got my BFP with him - I had zero signs and still hadn't ovulated on cd19 then when I'd about given up hope got a positive OPK on cd20, still with zero signs. Praying that labor will be the same!

Hopie I can't wait until you test, your signs sound VERY promising. What a way to ring in 2016 a BFP would be!! You'll have to test by New Years so you know whether you can have any champagne, hehe. Sorry your dad's depression has reappeared - hope he feels like himself again soon.

Yay for your prenatal classes Jaspie, hope you meet some lovely mommy (and daddy) friends! That was what I hoped for with our prenatal classes but when the one in our neighborhood turned out to be full and we ended up in the one in the yuck neighborhood we just didn't completely click with anyone....mind you our classes were late Monday night and everyone was so bleary-eyed from working all day that no one was particularly chatty. Oh well. BIL's wife was part of several great mommy groups in our neighborhood so she is going to sort me out.

Decorating the nursery is so fun Jaspie, you will love it! Post photos when it's finished pretty please!! Once DH hangs Thomas's new light fixture I'll post pics of his nursery as well - I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Blu I love the name Jake, great choice!!! Hope you and Baby Jake are having a lovely day and getting lots of snuggles in. <3 Thanks for sharing what is working for you re the bfing. I want to bf Thomas but have a tub of formula at home too in the event we hit a rough patch - I refuse to feel like shit about it if we're having issues and/or make him go hungry.

Thanks everyone!! Still in the game. :)

Fit, I am glad the stories and thoughts that Thomas can totally arrive out of nowhere cheer you up. He totally can. I'm sure you guys have read online about how to get labor started --- are you on Pinterest? I saw a bunch of things about it but not sure if they are safe or really work. Was interesting though. Sorry you can't sleep! So common in the late weeks. I haven't been sleeping at all lately either and up by 5:30am every morning. I had one 12 hour night last week that was heavenly. I hope you can get some good sleep at least one night soon. Can't wait to see what dr. says on Monday! Congrats on getting the nursery all done. :) Yes, post photos please!

Jaspie and Blu-- thank you! And thanks for the nice email Blu. I can't believe how big baby Jake looks and I love his name!! He looks like a little Jake.. :) How are you feeling today and hope you got some good sleep?
Jaspie- what are you guys doing for NYE? Sure something fun.

I'm making a big NYE dinner for everyone -- prime rib (I don't eat red meat but am going to force myself for iron reasons!), salmon with honey dijon sauce, yorkshire pudding- my fiance made it for Christmas and was delicious and a bunch of veggies. Chocolate pudding for dessert. :) I'm excited but I'm exhausted and haven't started cooking yet. Ha!

I have major symptoms and still late.. I'm in denial but guess I feel like I am. I'm taking about my whole food prenatals I bought last year that cost me a small fortune. :) Yes, what a year it was and thank you for the well wishes. Would be an amazing start to the year! I know my chance of mc are very high, so no matter what happens I want to just enjoy this pregnancy while I have it and if things don't work out, I want to focus on all I have in life to be grateful for and not get down again this year.

I'm wishing all 4 of you a very happy New Year's Eve and all the best of health and happiness in what will be a very special year for all of us ~~2016. Thank you for being my main support, the well wishes and getting me through this tough year. You all are my inspiration and make me feel braver facing another (unexpected!) pregnancy.

Happy New Year!

Happy new year lovely ladies.....
Have you tested hopie?? Im so excited and also jealous of your amazing NYE dinner - yummy! He does look big in his pics but not that big in real life, hes very long bodied though.
Fit i hope baby Thomas doesnt keep you waiting for too long now, he will soon be here and I cant wait to see him.
Jaspie youre having a baby this year!! &#128515;&#128515; how exciting is that.
Bernie hows Jameson doing?
All is good here, lil man didnt settle brilliantly after his bedtime feed so we had an hour of fussing and whinging before he gave in. Hes had another feed and gone straight back off but I really fancied a cuppa so im sat in bed drinking tea and listening to baby snuffle and daddy snore ha!
We have to get his heel prick test done today and my check up at the hospital, it sounds sad but im actually looking forward to getting out for some fresh air. Were then taking little man to meet my nan and then going to my parents for a roast dinner. Im feeling much better now, hubby is being amazing and Im not allowed to lift anything except a cup of tea or baby. My stitches are pulling a little where theyre healing and my boobs are extremely painful as theyre engorged but otherwise im on cloud 9. Its been too painful to feed him the last 24hours so i think I might stick with formula now so as not to confuse him and have some consistency. Hats off to the breastfeeding mummies, its really tough going. I just dont feel it will work for us when I need to dedicate time to DS too but Im glad he had the first 3 days of colostrum and antibodies.
On a glamorous note right now to make you all giggle im totally ricking a combination of swollen ankles, jelly belly, leaking madsive boobs and a waddle like a penguin. God im so damn sexy!! &#128514;&#128514;
Life couldnt be better with my two boys. Wishing you all lots of good health, wealth, happiness and beautiful babies for 2016. Lots of love xx

Lovely updates! I'm so excited for you Hopie, you must test asap!!!
Blu it sounds like all is going great, despite the discomforts! Have I missed a photo email? I can't see in my inbox maybe I wrote down my email wrong, let me know and I'll send it you again! I can't wait to see pics of your little darling!
Yessss I'm having a baby next month!! Waaaaaa!!! So exciting!
Happy new year ladies! Thank you so much for all of your support this year, love you girls! <3

Happy New Year!!!!

Fit- how are you?! Blue- soo glad you are feeling much better!
That was a funny description and I hope those swollen ankles go away very soon. So sweet hubby is not letting you lift anything. Nice you get out for visits and I bet fresh air will feel great!

Jaspie- next month?! Who-hoo!! I can't believe it.

New Years news! faint test so yes, I am!! I have same symptoms as last time-- wake up very early with cramps and (tmi) have to run to the loo. I read it is normal. Adjustment to hormones. I feel like heck. Have to go to DF's colleagues home for a dinner party and just want to crawl into bed and sleep. I fell asleep at 10:30 last night so missed the turn of the new year!

So I went to mass this morning to start the year off right. I haven't been to mass at the church in my parent's town in 8 years. I remembered clearly this family I was sitting behind last holiday mass 8 years ago. (I have a strangely good memory). The lady looked just like a famous actress, that's how I remembered her and she had 4 kids and a newborn and looked so put together and happy. Well, guess who I was sitting behind this morning? Yep, it was her and the kids grown up!! It was WEIRD. Also next to a nice young couple and their newborn baby who kept looking up at me. I took that as a sign. Ha! And yes, my hunch I am pg is confirmed.

So shock of all shocks. Will just take it day by day, I guess.
Fit- want to hear how you're feeling. Take good care Jaspie and Blu and Bernie-- happy New Year!! Wishing all of you and your babies the best of everything! x

Yay Hopie!!! Congratulations!!!!! So, so happy and excited for you :D remember it's a whole new pregnancy and not at all affected by last time. Woohoo! A new year's bfp what amazing news :D

Also Blu I didn't say, I love the name Jake! We talked about Jacob as an option but decided as it's the name of an ex it's too weird ha!

Congrats again hopie! Xxx

Eek Hopie congratulations so excited for you!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: What a wonderful way to start 2016!! Like Jaspie said this is a new pregnancy - I will pray that Baby Hopie sticks. So thrilled that now all of us are either pregnant or holding our rainbows.

Glad all is going well Blu and that your family is complete. <3 Breastfeeding does sound very challenging and while I intend to give it my best shot I realize it may not work out and that's okay too.

Woo hoo Jaspie we are having babies this year, and soon! Sounds like Baby J is well set up with all your new acquisitions. Hope the rest of your pregnancy flies by - I found that mine did up until a few days ago and now I'm just...waiting.

Nothing new happening here, still no labor signs. I think I'm being examined at my midwife appointment on Monday so we'll see if the evening primrose oil they suggested I use has helped at all.

The wall decal for Thomas's nursery arrived so we were going to install it last night only to discover it was in a million pieces in completely random order and the instructions weren't included. :dohh: Well I put on a good movie for background and managed to put the damn thing together by cutting the pieces out and laying it out like a puzzle and it is now on the wall looking great - yay me!

Happy New Year ladies, I couldn't have survived 2015 and my loss without you. <3

Oh my bloody god!!!!! I am so totally over the moon for you Hopie, congratulations! The girls are right this is a new pregnancy and theres more chance of it working out than not so try to be positive and take each day as it comes. We will be here for youre wobbly days, I remember us all having them too. What will your due date be?
Fit i hope baby Thomas arrives super soon, are you 39 weeks now?
Jaspie we had the same issue with the name Ben haha. I think he looks like a Jake now.
Im lying in bed listening to my little mans snuffles &#9786; far too cute. Daddy is doing the last feed then ill do the night feed so I better get some sleep. All is well here apart from the iron tablets im on are knocking my tummy about.
Congrats again Hopie - wow! &#127881;&#128143;&#128153;&#128159;

Thank you girls, sooo much!!!! 'Baby Hopie' - I loved reading that!!! Still feels surreal. Thank you-- you are right-- this is a new pregnancy and not at all affected by the last one. Thank you!!!

Our new year's are off to a great start!
Fit- any signs?! Is evening primrose oil supposed to help with getting labor started? Nice job getting the wall decal on. Look forward to seeing pics of his nursery! Saying lots of prayers and sending well wishes your way this week. Like Blu said, we can't wait to see your baby!

Blu- how are you feeling? Your appt and baby's are tomorrow, right? Hope you had a great time getting out and hope you are sleeping well now too..well, as well as you can between feedings! DS is soo adorable with baby Jake!! Too cute.

Jaspie- thank you!! That is too funny you guys -- the ex's names and not being able to choose them. I like my ex-bf's names, but I could never choose them either!!
How many weeks do you have left to go -- 5 or 6?

I ditto what Fit said. Thank you all-- I never would have gotten through 2015 without all your support. It really made the world of difference to me. All of your positive energy has surely helped and gosh- your baby luck rubbed off on me. I can't believe it. I had like a 3 % chance and we really hadn't tried!

Everyone is in my prayers for a wonderful new year. It is easier to pray knowing everyone's actual first name now. :) Bernie- hope you and baby are doing great. He must be looking a lot bigger now!

BEST OF LUCK tomorrow Fit at your appt. and thank you all, again!!:happydance:

Hi everyone! Jaspie did you get my previous bump pics? I sent it to the same email add if you did, let me know and Ill send again.
How are you feeling Hopie?
Any signs fit? Happy due date for tomorrow if not, baby Thomas will be here very soon.
My little munchkin is guzzling his milkies, I swear he has grown in two day, he needs to slow down a bit! Were going to register him tomorrow and the midwife is coming back in on thursday x

Hi girls, how is everyone?

How are you feeling Hopie? So excited for you!!

Blu glad Jake is such a good eater. :)

Bernie, hope Jameson and you are well.

Getting so close for you Jaspie! Have you done any more work on Baby J's nursery?

Today is my due date but no sign of Thomas! So weird to see my ticker with no days left to count down. We have an u/s on Friday to check on him. The midwife examined me yesterday. Only 1 cm dilated but my cervix is very soft and the examination triggered my bloody show which the midwife says is a good sign.

I woke up yesterday with an awful cold, blech, first one my whole pregnancy. And Thomas is measuring at over 41 weeks, so no wonder I'm so uncomfortable.

I have an induction booked for January 14 if Thomas doesn't arrive by thrn but here's hoping he does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->