Wipe solution

L

Lisa1302

What do you ladies use?

I have chamomile, lavender and tea tree for her bum

After a few other ideas?

Also how do you fragrance you bucket? I use either an old sock with oils on :haha: or a face towel in the bottom, its not bad but not great.

Im rather into the So Scrumptious wipe cubes atm, they smell yummy and do the job.
I dont fragrance my bucket, I dont find it smells at all.

Are they the Shea butter ones? bugger cos bibs and bots do those and I just ordered from her, but she has already sent my package out!

How long does 10 cubes last you?

I use one lot of wipes (12-14 wipes) in two days and I use one cube per lot so 20 cubes will last me 40 days.

I use one lot of wipes (12-14 wipes) in two days and I use one cube per lot so 20 cubes will last me 40 days.

oh thats not too bad for the pennies!

my bucket doesn't smell horrible, just widdy smell, and I have a thing about the smell of widdle :blush: i think my nose is very sensitive to it after a couple of days lol I could smell out a baby in a pampers nappy from 5 miles - they stink of widdle to me!

I use tea Tree and Sweet Orange or Lavendar depending on how I'm feeling. Have heard great things about chamomile Tea tho and am also sooooo tempted to buy some of them cubes:cloud9:. I did infact have them in my basket earlier from bibs n bots but they were out of stock:nope:

ETA - how often do you refresh your solution?? I make fresh up every morning just now, but wondering if I need to??

I use tea Tree and Sweet Orange or Lavendar depending on how I'm feeling. Have heard great things about chamomile Tea tho and am also sooooo tempted to buy some of them cubes:cloud9:. I did infact have them in my basket earlier from bibs n bots but they were out of stock:nope:

ETA - how often do you refresh your solution?? I make fresh up every morning just now, but wondering if I need to??

I have 2 boxes that fit 20 wipes in a box - but I do use loads of wipes compared to some! Pink box for face/hands after dinner etc, green box for bum - and the boxes last about a 2 days.

I don't know what to put in the face wipes other than chamomile, too worried in case it affects her, but I sometimes use plain water on her face washes.

Ok, can anyone explain this whole reuseable wipe thing to me??

I use disposable ones still but woul love to use reuseable wipes too!!

How do you make solution up? What with exactly, step by step would be great :)

What wipes do you use? What are they made of??

Do you make the solution up an pour it onto the wipes so they are ready to use, or have a spray bottle?

What boxes do you keep your wipes in?

How many??

:) TY in avance

xxx

Do you make the solution up an pour it onto the wipes so they are ready to use, or have a spray bottle?

How many??

xxx

Im not expert but this works for me.

I have 80 wipes, 20 are pink for face, 60 green for bum - they are organic flannel. they are about the same size as sposie wipes.

I have 2 plastic airtight boxes (wilkinsons etc sell for £2-3)

To make the water I use a small drink bottle which I think is 250ml (not sure though I am rubbish with measurement, but you would soon figure out how much they soak up per box) ) - then I add a couple of drops of each of my oils (not much comes out) and a bit of a squirt of Berts Bees shampoo and body wash - then I shake it up and pour it over the first pink box, leave for a bit til they soaked, then drain that into the other box( if I am doing the other box) - again wait for it to soak in and drain. I tend to squeeze down on the wips as I drain otherwise they seem too wet - but even if they are too wet when I come to use I just squeeze out again.

they get washed with the nappies if they are bum ones, and bibs/towels if faces ones.

I never even thought about keeping face and bum wipes seperate...

I never even thought about keeping face and bum wipes seperate...

I don't know if everyone does, I just know I wouldn't to wash my face with a flannel I had wiped my bum with even if it had been through the wash - I am just a bit anal about it hahahahahahaha :blush:

I only wash on 30 most of the time though, with the odd blast at 60

Oh i forgot to answer the bit about spray - I dont use washable wipes when i am out so no need for spray. I just find I have enough to carry already (if we are out all day i also often use sposies) - just depends how long I am out for etc

i use pure adore organic lavender body wash for lo's wipes, i put a little in a pot with some warm water every time i go to change him, we use sposies when out at the mo cause we haven't got enough wipes yet.

What do you ladies use?

i use 'Baby Bits' for wipes solution from babykind. it is soap made from olive oil infused with plantain and chickweed herbs with Tea tree oil and lavender oils.
i bought a box for £8.99 almost 3 months ago and still have some left!

Also how do you fragrance you bucket? I use either an old sock with oils on :haha: or a face towel in the bottom, its not bad but not great.

i have stuck a pantyliner on the inside of the lid and add a few drops of tea tree oil every couple of days when i empty bucket to wash nappies. smells ok, but i don't think bucket smells that bad anyway!

I use a tupperware tub. I pop some water in, add a few drops of Tea Tree oil & whichever other oil I fancy, sometimes some a couple of drops of olive oil too. I then drop in a handfull of wipes & leave em to soak it up & just wring em out as I'm using em. I never bought any wipes, just hacked up a fleece blanket, it does the job just great & have loads of wipes lol.

How many??

xxx

As I use the wipe cubes atm I dissolve one cube in 300ml of hot water and thats it...I pour over the wipes in the box and its done. I used to do a solution and leave it in a bottle but started leaving the wipes wet since Ive had the cubes, I prefer it this way as its quicker and easier. The wipes are kept in a clip lock box, its airtight so I take it out and about with me as well as having it in the house.
I have a variety of wipes, Ellas House, WeeNotions, some other random flannel etc ones and ones I have made. They are made of fleece/hemp fleece/cotton jersey fleece/bamboo towelling cotton velour/bamboo towelling and some others!! I only "need" about 20-25. One made up box which has 12 or so in will last me two days (ie I make it up in the morning and it will last til the following evening)
The Ellas House wipes are particularly economical. £2 for 5 and the wipe cubes are £3.60 for 20 if you buy from bibs and bots with each set of ellas house wipes or £3.99 for 20 bought separately. 20 cubes will last me ~40 days thats 9p a day, cost of wipes is fractions of pennies divided over the lifetime of the wipes! Even at £1 per pack of disposable wipes using 1 per change 5 changes a day and 3 once a day (for a poo nappy) its over 11p per day.

I dont keep wipes separately for different things but then I dont use the wipes in the box on his face anyway I normally use a muslin cloth etc.

^ Squish, do you dry your wipes after you wash them and then put them in the box, or just put them in wet?

well if I dont have to make up my wipe solution then and there I will hang them with the nappies to let them dry as dont want to leave them around damp incase they go funny but if I can I make up the box right after I get them out the wash and use 250ml of water instead of 300ml.

What do you ladies use?

i use 'Baby Bits' for wipes solution from babykind. it is soap made from olive oil infused with plantain and chickweed herbs with Tea tree oil and lavender oils.
i bought a box for £8.99 almost 3 months ago and still have some left!

i have stuck a pantyliner on the inside of the lid and add a few drops of tea tree oil every couple of days when i empty bucket to wash nappies. smells ok, but i don't think bucket smells that bad anyway!

thats a very good idea!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->