Wonder Week 19... What a Bi@*h!

I tried putting Maria to bed earlier, at 7, but she didn't like it, she'd keep waking up. Now I put her to bed when she's tired, usually sometime between 10 and 12.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, she just won't sleep for more than 15 mins!

She is driving me crazy tonight :(

Aw MrsH, i hope you've got back up to help out, i'd go totally nuts if that were me!

Even though LO is a pain in the ass I am glad she has a regular bedtime routine, after her last nap of the day we go for playtime in her bedroom to wear her out, bath at 5, take her to the bedroom in darkness n feed her where she'll drop off between half 5 n 6... she kinda got into that routine herself which was quite handy
xxx

Oh dear MrsH, that sounds terrible!

Maria had a great time screaming at me when she woke up an hour after going to bed.

And just slept 45 minutes and woke up screaming again *sigh* Having a shower with daddy now to calm her.

I know totally how you feel MrsH, though Lucas is sleeping a bit more than 15 minutes...
Put him down at 7.40, woke up at 8.15, then put him back down at 8.45, then he woke up at 10.30 - just as I was about to go to sleep.... Then went back down at 11 and woke up at 11.15, then went back down at 11.45-ish.....hopefully he'll actually stay asleep now... it's been about half hour now, so I'm gonna try to get some sleep now... I was hoping for him to sleep well tonight, but got a feeling it's gonna be a loooooong night :S

He'd better not get up for the day until at least 9 tomorrow morning, and not 7 or something :p Cause I'm knackered....
I've realised I shouldn't hope/expect anything, cause he seems to like surprising me...the past 2 nights where he has slept a 7hr stretch I was expecting him to wake up every 3 hrs.... And any night where I hoped for him to stay asleep he's woken up every 3 hrs... :dohh:

I'm going through a wonder week myself but it gets easier as time goes on. I remember that one (the one you speak of) being the worst...argh, dunno how I survived. Good luck!!!

I have a feeling this is going to be a bad night for us too, she keeps waking up but thankfully she's only waking for her dummy.

And he's up! Moaning and groaning, I have fed him but that is clearly not enough!!!

And he's up! Moaning and groaning, I have fed him but that is clearly not enough!!!

Lucas falls asleep everytime i've fed him but as soon as i lay him down he keeps waking up tonight. And he can fall asleep in his own so that's not the problem. Argh i just woke up and thought it had been a while since the last time as it's light now. But no, 3 hrs as usual.

Well I gave up by midnight and she slept on my chest from 1am to about 10 mins ago....god, I feel utterly exhausted :(

Her right cheek Is also covered in teething rash this morning...one thing at a time please!!! :dohh:

I'm the one giving up early tonight. It's 2.20 and only the 2nd time he's woken up since going to bed at 7.30 but i just can't be bothered to get in and out of bed and into his room all night tonight so i'm putting?him in bed with me. Since hubby isn't here anyway :p

I don't get my LO at all!!! He was sleeping until 5.40 and even went until 6.10 once but now that we have been advised to wean by the docs due to SR he is up earlier each night! 2.58am for a feed! This just feels luke we are massively going backwards! I'm livid. Now I have put him down he is just chatting and crying away to himself!

Wow! We had such a good day today! Wasn't very impressed when he decided to get up at 6 but hey! He was really good today, no unstoppable crying fits and he had a couple of good naps aswell! Really happy. Unfortunately i didn't nap when he did since i obciously didn't know beforehand that he was gonna do so well! Hey guess it's an early night for me then. I'm feeding him atm so he should be down by about 7.30 our rouine has gotten a lot more steady now hubby isn't here. Guess that's the only good thing about him being away. Hope everyone else had good days too! Kinda hoping ths is the end for us but its 'too early' as LO is only 16 weeks (so 18weeks by duedate) on Sunday.

Anyway how were your days ladies?

Hooray for a good day!

We had a bad night but the day hasn't gone too badly. She had a good 2 hour nap in the pram while I walked round the shops, and another short nap when I walked to the beach and now she's gone to bed. Would have preferred more naps than that and less screaming but nevermind.

Well we had a fab day yesterday but today was a killer! Went swimming when he should have been napping! Big mistake!!! He was awake from 7.15-1.30, OT is not enough to explain how tired he was!

Does anyone have any ideas why he is picking up his night feed earlier and earlier each night?

Well we had a fab day yesterday but today was a killer! Went swimming when he should have been napping! Big mistake!!! He was awake from 7.15-1.30, OT is not enough to explain how tired he was!

Does anyone have any ideas why he is picking up his night feed earlier and earlier each night?

Mayb he's trying to drop it? Then again that would probably make him wke later evry night.

I'm not having a good night but that's not so much Lucas ' fault. Well first he woke up after being asleep for half hour, and then it took me over an hour to get him back to sleep! But then when i fed him just now i heard a noise outside in the garden. I thought someone was trying to break into the house. After i put him down i turned on the light in our bedroom and the hallway. Got all my 'courage' together to go downstairs and have a look, looked out the kitchen window and noticed the bbq spatula that was on the tray under the bbq before was on the floor, so i assumed it was just a cat. Back upstairs i looked out our bedroom window to see if i could see the cat.....turns out it was a fox. I saw it in the neighbours garden. Really freaked me out though, since hubby isn't home. Every little noise i hear now makes me freeze in my bed. Feel like putting lil man in bed with me,but deep down i know i'm only being silly.

Not happy!

Oh God he is awake, even after a DF!!!!

Had a bit of a cruddy day yesterday; had been speaking to some girls from the local post-natal group (all those babies sttn :dohh:) and I wonder if I sometimes let her sleep too much too late in the day? Subsequently I woke her from her late afternoon nap to stop in encroaching on bedtime: she was NOT happy.

That said I put her down at 8.30pm and she was sparko, no crying, no waking...went up to bed at midnight, gently woke her for a feed...she fell straight back to sleep until now with just one cuddle required at 4am?!?

No idea if this is a permanent change though lol!

Ps: we have started her on some baby rice too to help her silent reflux (on advise of HV)

I had the most god awful day yesterday - I cried after she went to bed it was that bad! Have since realised i've been adding too much gaviscon to her feeds and today she's been a little bit fussy but seemingly wanting to take bottles better - dunno if that's cooincidence though!

Is it me or is there a pattern here - Good day = bad night, good night = bad day?! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->