Wooden doll houses - any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a chunky and bright (no pink) wooden dolls house for DS who will be three at xmas. We planned to get him a wooden castle but I think it'd be more for DH if I'm honest! So the castle is on the backburner until he's a bit older and will appreciate the whole knights and dragons thing.

Not looking for anything realistic, just something sturdy and easy to play with. Been looking at a few by hape, viga, melissa and doug, lelin etc, but I'm utterly confused now. Ideally I'd like to have room for a kid's bedroom in addition to the adult one, but some don't have many rooms.

There seems to be a big variety of dolls too, some very simple and some more realistic, so not sure which ones are the best. Some people seem to use playmobil figures with the wooden houses but not sure if that'd look right and he's still very happy to play with babyish cutesy stuff, so want to take advantage of that while I can!

Whichever house I get I'm definitely getting him a set of pets and a playground to go with it, the Hape Family Pets are so cute. Maybe a garden set too.

Price isn't really an issue (within reason!) as it'll be his main present. Does anyone have any recommendations?

:flower:

Have you looked on gumtree or somewhere? Sometimes people make them plain so you can paint/personalise them yourself?

The Four Seasons one looks ace, I think it's Hape. I so want to get it for my LO but not sure we have space and I'm holding out for giving him my old Sylvanian Families Mansion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"