• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working out mommas-to-be!

Sass, I walk while I'm at work so no Isla here with me :haha: I'm also lucky that we have a home gym set up so I usually do my other work outs when my daughter sleeps or while my husband is getting her ready for bed (we alternate nights).

I still don't feel like I'm working out as much as I used to pre-Isla. My workouts have been more consistent though since I hit 15-16 weeks and am less exhausted/sick :thumbup:

So nice Rebecca. I love looking at the gym like an appointment. I stopped working in September and gave been to the gym more than ever before. I've just had contractors at the house the last 2.5 weeks and they don't arrive til 9:30 or so then I have to talk with them all before I can leave and dd naps at noon. So I feel like it's squeezing me for time so much! Does your son still nap?
Really excited though for when the new baby comes- I can start taking her to the gym at 6 weeks and they have an excellent infant room.

Hi ladies! Just got caught up, and so glad you all have been working out some! I've been going for walks and eating a lot better (with a treat here and there still lol) and I haven't gained any weight in 2 weeks now! Which is a huge improvement as I was gaining weight every week.

We've been going for walks around the block pushing our 2.5 year old in the stroller, and chasing her around the park.

I've been getting sick a lot lately, though. Had the stomach flu last week and now have a nasty cold with a slight fever now.

My local grocery store has had fruit and avocados on sale so I've been stocking up and eating those quite a bit.

Sounds like you're doing awesome Greats!

Sorry that you've been so sick, that sounds awful. While I'm very happy we finally have Spring-like weather, I'm dreading having to deal with the variety of illnesses that Isla will soon start bringing home from daycare :wacko:

Good work greats! It's so hard keeping up while you're not feeling well.

My son does still nap, but not for long. Usually he naps for an hour. Some days, he will sleep up to 90 minutes, but that's pretty rare these days. He's also at an age now where I don't have to worry about getting his nap at a specific time like I used to. He used to be impossible to handle if he wasn't down for a nap by 12. Now, he is no longer like that.

He naps anywhere from 1-2 or 2-3. As long as he doesn't sleep past 3 o'clock, he goes to bed just fine. Child care at my gym is only open until 12:15 in the morning hours anyway. They open back up at 4, but I never like going in the afternoon or evening because it always seems to be more crowded then. I usually go between 10 and 11.

How are you doing Rebecca? Can't believe you're down to single digits!
I'm back to the gym after mouth surgery last week. Tomorrow will be my third time this week. Not pushing hard as I still have stitches in my mouth, but it just feels good to be moving. Although the doctor left a mega bruise on my arm from where he put in the IV and it's been getting me lots of strange side eye. ;)

Sounds like you're doing awesome re workouts this week Sass :thumbup: I can see how the huge bruise would get some attention, stupid doctor...

I've bern doing pretty well re workouts too. I still feel like I might be indulging in treats too much so have been cutting back the past couple of weeks though I could be doing better. Will try to have a stronger resolve after Easter :haha: I haven't been gaining huge amounts of weight (8 lbs total do far) so the working out/walking must countering my occasional bad eating...

And wow Rebecca you are so close to being done now, good luck!

Hope everyone else is doing well :flower:

I'm still doing good! I have been having about 2 weeks of false labor, which I am starting to get tired of now. I'm ready for contractions to be the real thing at this point when they come on. This week is the first week I have missed a few days of working out, but I have remained active. I have just been busy making final preparations for the baby and haven't had time to get to the gym. I have been going for walks though. I plan to do my dance class tomorrow. And I plan to just keep going until she arrives.
I truly cannot believe that my due date is next week!

I hope your mouth heals up nicely. I can't blame you for going easy on your workouts. Oral surgery is still surgery and has an impact on you!

I hope everyone else is doing great!

2 weeks of false labor must be insanely hard! I can't even imagine. I was in early labor (not sure if this is the same thing?) for two days before I gave in and just let them to break my waters. Is it making going to the gym and working out really hard?
I think I'm eating too many sweets too mrs. Eddie. I'm up 6/7 lbs now too. I got skinny cow ice cream sandwiches so it's only 140 calories, but I feel like Girl Scout cookies and candies keep showing up in my house! Grr! People need to stop bringing these things over. And here comes Easter with all the candy! I'll be happy when it's past!

Rebecca, hoping good things are happening labor wise! Come on out baby!!!

Sass, it's my DH who brings the treats home, (he knows he can get away with more when I'm pregnant :haha:). I've already told him its stopping after Easter...

Rebecca, I hope things happen for you soon too, very exciting! :happydance:

Easter will be the death of any healthy eating, I swear! My MIL called to say she made all the kids an Easter basket filled with tons of chocolate candies... Including one for the baby I'm still growing! :wacko:

We got a big bag of truffles last night, I scoffed all of mine down, it's like chocolate and I met for the first time:haha: I've had an aversion to sweet things till now. But I'm finding much of that going away at week 13. I'm still going to eat sensibly, we're on holidays at the moment so not much opportunity to snack outside of mealtime. When we do buy snacks it's fruit & trailmix.

Not getting much weight baring exercise in and I feel like my belly is protruding with not doing my regular Pilates classes but all the walking is good. Anybody else feel they're 'popping' around the 13 week mark? This is my first so no previous experience with all this pregnancy stuff!

I've pooped at 13 weeks both times. With my first I had gained 12 lbs so it made some sense. With my second, I hadn't gained much of anything but I popped none the less.
Hope you're well Rebecca!
Running to sneak in a bit of time at the gym this morning before a play date. I somehow got roped into 4 play dates this week so it's really eating into all my gym time! DH says I sound like a jerk when I say dd can't play because I need to go to the gym. :(

Greats I would have loved to have gotten a basket for my unborn child; thankfully I did not or I'm sure I would have already scarfed the whole thing :haha: My DH and I split a bag of mini eggs and then we had DQ Blizzards for dessert, (we were supposed to be going away this weekend but Isla had a double ear infection so we stayed home instead. Totally forgot to buy anything for dessert or to make dessert for our impromptu Easter dinner, hence the DQ).

Anyway, DH and I are now on a healthy eating pact, let's see how it goes.

I also start prenatal yoga classes on Saturday, which I am super excited about. They run for six weeks! :thumbup:

Sass, I don't think that makes you sound like a jerk at all; you need time for yourself and to be as healthy as possible for your new baby and labour and delivery.

Rebecca, I hope all is OK! :flower:

Hey everyone! Sorry, I haven't been on here much because I have a lot of company now. And I don't get on this website from my phone too much (except an occasional post) because my phone and this site don't get along. So, this is one of the first mornings I have my computer out.

This past week, I've stopped working out like I was. I'm walking every day, though. Last Thursday, I went to my dance class. I felt fine during it and immediately afterwards, but then about 3 hours later, I started having some contractions. They quickly went from about 8 minutes apart to 5 minutes apart to 1 and 1/2 minutes apart. They were getting stronger and closer together, so we hurried to the hospital because it was picking up fast. I was checked and told I was 3 cm dilated. So, they sent me back home to walk around and try to get this to progress. My labor just kept on. So, we went back in a few hours later. The next doctor checked me and apparently my cervix was dilating like a funnel. So, the outside had dilated to 5, but the inside was only at 1 cm. And they only really count the inside. I went home and the labor kept on for a few more hours. I didn't want to run back in because I knew I was only at a 1 and felt I needed more time to get to 6 cm, which is what you need to be for them to admit you. My labor eventually just stopped after 14 hours. But I was so tired from that long day. I had a major bloody show and lost my whole plug. I have not had anything but random contractions since.
Although, I think things might be progressing today. I don't want to say it with certainty because I feel I will jinx myself. ;) But my body dumped out a whole bunch of water last night. I woke up at 4 am feeling nauseated. I feel a ton of pressure and my baby is very low right now. I've been having contractions all morning, but they are not painful and not forming a pattern. I think this might be the beginning stage leading to active labor. I'm trying to keep my mind off of it mostly because I know that I will not be able to miss it when labor comes on! I will try to keep you all posted!

I'm still feeling great though! All of that exercise kept my body is such good shape that I am able to easily handle all of this prodromal labor here at the end.

Very exciting Rebecca; I have a feeling things are going to happen for you very soon!

All of your hard work will definitely pay off when it comes to labor. Can't wait to read your birth story :thumbup:

Aww Rebecca I hope labor picks up today and you'll meet your little lady in the next couple days! So exciting!!!

I had my baby! I am still at the hospital and can't share pictures until I am home. I had her on April 9th at 3:11 AM. Holly weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long. Early labor was long, but established labor was very fast. I was in established labor for 3 hours. Didn't have enough time to get an epidural once I asked for one. That was a little scary to be honest. But I did it without any drugs. And after all of the pain, it actually feels good to know I could do that. I pushed her out in 4 minutes.
I am also recovering very nicely. It is completely worth it to exercise during pregnancy. I believed it truly helped me on every end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->