• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working out mommas-to-be!

Yay Rebecca! I've been thinking about you and am so happy to hear it all went do well! Bravo!

Rebecca I just read your posts, well done lady & congrats!

I've just read this little article that comes up in my fb feed and glad to see that the instructors in my pilates classes are doing the same things that are recommended for diastasis recti - the gap that baby can cause in your left/right tummy muscles.
https://hiit-blog.dailyhiit.com/hiit-life/4-moves-target-mummy-tummy/
I've read that this condition can happen to those with tight muscles and loose muscles so there's no avoiding, if it's going to happen, it will!

Huge congrats Rebecca; that's really exciting, so glad that you had such a wonderful birth experience! Can't wait to see pics of little Holly :cloud9:

2have4kids, I was awful when it came to chocolate a few weeks ago. Seemed to have overcome that only to become obsessed with carbs :wacko: Lowering my intake of those this week...

Had my first prenatal yoga class today and loved it! The teacher really pushes us which is awesome. Excited to go back next week!

Thanks, everyone! It's been a busy couple of days. She's borderline jaundice and we keep having to go back every day and getting her levels checked. We're hoping they start going down soon or she'll have to do phototherapy, but she is doing well otherwise.
Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 2015-04-12 00.50.18.jpg
    2015-04-12 00.50.18.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150409_214127.jpg
    20150409_214127.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150412_215306-1.jpg
    20150412_215306-1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 3
She's beautiful! Congrats!
My cousin breastfed all of her kids but they also had jaundice at birth. She swears by giving them formula to flush it out. Not sure how scientific it is, but it worked four times apparently. GL!

She is absolutely beautiful Rebecca; huge congrats to you! I hope that the jaundice clears up quickly. The picture of her and her brother is to die for; so sweet :cloud9:

How is everyone else doing re diet and exercise? I am still doing pretty well with exercise; diet is better but I still feel like I'm a total carb addict; I could honestly eat bagels all day if I let myself. So odd as I normally never eat them :shrug:. Anyway, I've been limiting carbs (not completely but just not having a carb free for all :winkwink:) and sweets. I'm hoping that I can continue to be good for the rest of this pregnancy. I really don't want to deal with the swelling/water retention that I had at the end of my pregnancy with Isla...

Rebecca, I am so happy for you! Holly looks absolutely adorable! My daughter Rylee had jaundice when she was born and had to have a lot of blood work done every couple days to check her levels. We just kept sitting with her by the window bc apparently sun light helps get rid of it on its own.

How is everyone else doing re diet and exercise? I am still doing pretty well with exercise; diet is better but I still feel like I'm a total carb addict; I could honestly eat bagels all day if I let myself. So odd as I normally never eat them :shrug:. Anyway, I've been limiting carbs (not completely but just not having a carb free for all :winkwink:) and sweets. I'm hoping that I can continue to be good for the rest of this pregnancy. I really don't want to deal with the swelling/water retention that I had at the end of my pregnancy with Isla...

I've reined myself back in this past week after being on a massive carb spree lol school holidays and having the husband home meant we were eating out a lot and not making good choices:dohh: weighed myself and had a mini heart attack LOL been back on track all week and feeling so much better for it! School starts back next Tuesday so I'll be able to get out walking again. I still feel like I've gained too much too quickly though grrrrr!!

Aliop, I feel the same way. A bit disappointed in myself as I was eating so well at the beginning of this pregnancy and just let myself go a bit too crazy the last month or so. It hasn't resulted in a ton of weight gain yet but I don't feel as good as I did.

I wouldn't stress too much about the weight you've gained so far. You have plenty of time to get back on track with eating during your pregnancy :thumbup:

Hey hey! I'd rate myself as so-so. I get to the gym every morning we don't have a play date so like 2/3 times a week. I'm actually not sure I'm supposed to be working out since im on pelvic rest for my low lying placenta so I haven't asked so I can claim I didn't know if the answer is no. Bad! I know. But I'm taking it easy. Just walking and not too fast for about 30 minutes then lifting on machines for 30 with 15-50 lbs and 140 lbs on the leg press.
As for eating, again, so-so. Been making pretty good choices most of the time but I need to end all my meals with sweets! I need it. So I got some skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and some dole chocolate strawberry 100 calorie packs. Still can't get enough steak, but I'm back on chicken! Not 100% but at least it doesn't make me gag any more.
Weighed myself yesterday an I'm only up 8 lbs. told DH and he replied, "really?!" Because I look so big. I told him its a testament to how overweight I was before getting pregnant.
So I'm now using a food tracking website to figure out how I can do better. It's myplate.gov and it's free. I've also used this weight gain projector on baby center. I can find the link if anyone is interested. It uses your starting bmi then tells you the range of what you should gain. For me it's between 8-18 lbs.

I definitely need in on this group! I've lost 100 pounds over the last couple years and have really focused on getting healthier before TTC. My plan has always consisted of calorie counting and home workouts. I don't see my doctor for another couple weeks, but I plan to continue calorie counting to make sure I don't go overboard. I have had a terribly unhealthy relationship with food all my life, and this really helps to keep me in check. As far as exercise goes, I do mostly home workout videos (kickboxing, Zumba, Hip Hob Abs) and walking/running. I think I should be able to continue all of this, but I've noticed that I already feel like my workouts take more energy!

Since I still had wanted to lose about 20-30 pounds, I want to keep my weight gain minimal throughout my pregnancy, and I'm sure my doctor will probably agree. Changing from weight loss mode to maintenance mode has already been a bit of a struggle for me, but I'm determined to have a healthy pregnancy and then resume my goals after baby is here.

Sass, it sounds like you are doing really great. 8 lbs so far is wonderful :thumbup:

Blinker my friend who is pregnant too was also in the midst of losing weight so becoming pregnant and gaining weight was a struggle at first but she's done well her entire pregnancy and hasn't gained too much weight and has come to terms with it now. It isn't fun seeing the numbers on the scale going up but at least it's for a good reason.

My eating has been better over the past couple four days, I feel like I'm not as hungry again, which is helping me from pigging out on terrible food. Have also been good with my workouts and walking. The prenatal yoga class I'm taking has been really helpful and has motivated me to try and maintain a healthy lifestyle. There's a girl in my class who is 2 weeks from her due date and she looks amazing; she's my pregnancy idol :haha:

My weigh in is at the end of this week so we'll have to see how I've done. I'm hoping I'm only up 13-15 lbs in total...

Hi ladies, blinker well done on your 100 lb loss. I like the food tracking that Sass suggested.

I was really worried that I'd gain a bunch of weight being on holidays for 3 weeks away from my workout classes but I weighed in this morning only 2.5 lbs up, and that was after milk & granola & a borrito for breakfast:haha:
I'm back to work next week and will be starting up HIIT, kick box, and pilates classes again. Just hoping I don't suck too badly! I think maybe while I may not have gained too much weight with all the walking we did but maybe the muscle mass is reduced?

I like this website you've oosted 2kids. Very interesting stuff.
It really is so hard to watch the numbers ho up! I'm so jealous of your prenatal class mrs. Eddie. Where I live, there are so many yoga studios and literally only one has a prenatal class and it's once a week at 7:30 am on a Saturday. Blah! Who wants that?! My gym finally started a class and it's at noon during DD's nap time.
Good job not gaining on vacation! The trouble I find with working out isn't losing muscle mass but all this additional blood makes me heavy, dizzy and short of breath.
Today I started having what felt like rlp / bh while on the treadmill. It was no good.

2have4kids, very impressive that you did not gain very much weight on vacation, good for you:thumbup: Sounds like you have a great workout schedule planned for the next few weeks.

Sass, really 7:30 on Saturday morning, what a stupid time for a class. I wouldn't be going to it either :haha: I really do like this class I'm doing (it's on Saturdays too which is kind of a pain but oh well). The teacher is really good and still pushes us, which I like. I'm probably going to take another session of it after this one ends in May....

Today is my treat day so I've had a cappuccino and bagel for breakfast and will have some candy later. Then good for the rest of the week :thumbup:

I'd never heard of this site, but it looks pretty neat. I've used MyFitnessPal for 2+ years to track my food and exercise, and I would definitely recommend it as well. It's free, too!

Also used MyFitnessPal and loved it. I used it last time to drop the last of my pregnancy weight and was still using it when I got pregnant :thumbup:

I don't know how I'm ever going to break myself from using it because it's become such a habit! I do think it will be a great tool for me throughout my pregnancy to make sure that I'm A) eating enough and B) not overdoing it on the sweets, which is often my downfall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->