• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working out mommas-to-be!

I'm trying to find a prenatal yoga to do =/

I have the Gaiam Prenatal Yoga With Shiva Rea DVD and I love it. :thumbup:

I normally take a class with other expectant Moms to but I won't join that until early May...

Greats- I think it's great that you are going through the steps you need to take to be healthy. I hope the new diet works wonderfully for you!

Aliop- That sounds like a nice walk. :) Good job!

DsEmcho- I also felt so good when I started lifting weights again. I don't know what it is, but it feels great! Sounds like a good workout!

Mrs. Eddie- That is a decent walk. I wish I could have something nice like a zoo to walk around! haha

I workout every day except Sunday. But I missed my dance class this Saturday (they are probably all now thinking I've had the baby as every time I can't make it to my dance class, they start thinking that lol). I got sick and had to spend most of the morning and early afternoon in bed. Thankfully, it passed, and I was better by the evening. But exercising was out for me on Saturday. I also decided to stay with my regular rest day on Sunday because I am in a routine, and I felt that I should stick with my routine. If I worked out on Sunday, then I'd be at the gym all 7 days this week. While Monday is usually the hardest day for me to get motivated to exercise, I'm itching to go today! I guess 2 days of rest helps.
I haven't been completely resting, though. I can't stop cleaning and organizing. I want everything to be ready for this baby. Last night, I had to work on my son's closet because they will be sharing a closet. And his stuff was everywhere. I have it divided now, and I went over the rules with him to keep his things on his side of the closet and not mess with hers. He can make it looks like a tornado went through there in about 2 seconds. I'm hoping I have it set up now to where that won't happen anymore. We'll see!

Enjoy your exercise today Rebecca :) sounds like your nesting is in full swing too!

Just home from the same 5km walk I did yesterday but I did it the opposite way today (got to keep life spiced up :lol: ) felt some achy muscles from yesterday so those weeks of inactivity quickly took effect worst luck. Anyway, feeling better now its done :) Wasn't going to go today but my shorts I ordered yesterday came in the post today !!! so I figured that was a sign haha!! and they are heaven, I have no idea why I thought putting up with uncomfy non maternity shorts was going to cut it lol

Oh greats! I'm so sorry. I know just how that feels. And you have do much on your plate with work and school too. It's so hard!
I feel like my food choices this time are so much better than last time, just because I ate fast food constantly with dd, because I was working virtually from my car. Now I'm at home, so cooking lots and making better choices. I did you go a yoga class Saturday and walked an extra 20 minutes too. But every day for the last 4 days, I've gained 1 lb each day. I'm just shocked. And scared. I plan on keeping on with the gym and eating at home, but how do I know it's enough?

Had yoga today and then made asparagus & red snapper with Bernaise sauce. Tomorrow kickboxing class and yummy left overs. I'm so happy to not have fish aversions with this pregnancy!
I met up with a friend who just had her baby 6 months ago. We walked for 2 hours, she gained 80 lbs over her pregnancy. She's having a hard time taking it off now. If I've gained 6 lbs by week 9 how many more will I gain? Wish I had a crystal ball.

I downloaded a prenatal yoga - I'm going to try it after work today.

2have4kids, it's tough to say how much weight anyone will gain during pregnancy. I think all you can do is make healthy choices most of the time (it's OK to indulge every once and awhile I think) and try and remain active. I also treated pregnancy like an excuse to stuff my face constantly last time, which was stupid. Now I only eat until I am full and drink more water, which I find helps to curb my need to snack. I also try not to have bad food in the house, though every once and awhile my DH will bring home a treat; I try not to do that more than once a week though. Your poor friend gaining 80 lbs, that would be a lot of weight to loose...

Sass, I think if you're eating well and staying active that's all you can do. I would think that whatever weight you are gaining is strictly related to pregnancy at that point not excessive weight gain. You could always talk to your doctor if you're concerned :hugs:

Rebecca, I agree definitely sounds like you're nesting! You're getting so close to meeting your new baby now, you must be excited.

DSemcho, hope you like the prenatal yoga, I always feel so good after I do it!

I am getting excited! I can't believe I'm getting so close to my due date. My belly is not very big at all this time. And sometimes I think, "I can't seriously be about to have a baby in 4 weeks." But I had an ultrasound at my appointment yesterday, and she's measuring right on track!

How exciting Rebecca! Must be so nice to be so close.
How rough for your friend 4 kids. 80 pounds will be tough. I never won the battle completely with my 55. I think I also used my last pregnancy as an excuse to eat McDonald's and gorge all the time. Maybe that's just common for first time moms? I've had so many non parent friends say they would just pig out if they ever got pregnant. Hopefully she'll be somewhat comforted that the first 25/30 lbs does really just melt off over 2/3 months.
So I weighed myself again today and I was back down 2.5 lbs so I guess I'm just really fluctuating? Never gad this happen before so I'm a little confused. Got to the gym today so feeling good about that.

Sass good for you for going to the gym! I did my kick box class today and it was fun. The instructor adjusted modified sit ups for me, it was nice but I would have happily done the full double leg up helicopters:bunny:
I hope 6 lbs is it for this first tri, still have 4 weeks to go. I'll keep trying to eat healthy & work out too.

I decided to try some prenatal yoga seeing as you ladies seem to enjoy it and I have to be honest and say I just didn't get it!? Haha! For a start I wasn't any good at it but I also didn't find it relaxing either. Perhaps the relaxation comes along once you're good at it?? Or maybe I didn't download a good video? Anyway, pretty safe to safe yoga is still not for me which is disappointing as I was hoping to find something to help me de-stress.

I decided to try some prenatal yoga seeing as you ladies seem to enjoy it and I have to be honest and say I just didn't get it!? Haha! For a start I wasn't any good at it but I also didn't find it relaxing either. Perhaps the relaxation comes along once you're good at it?? Or maybe I didn't download a good video? Anyway, pretty safe to safe yoga is still not for me which is disappointing as I was hoping to find something to help me de-stress.

I love a good massage to help de-stress. But you'll have to find a prenatal masseuse because you want them to know what they're doing. We get $800 annually in our health benefits towards paramedical (acupuncture, naturopath & massage). Hope you can find something that helps.

How exciting Rebecca! Must be so nice to be so close.
How rough for your friend 4 kids. 80 pounds will be tough. I never won the battle completely with my 55. I think I also used my last pregnancy as an excuse to eat McDonald's and gorge all the time. Maybe that's just common for first time moms? I've had so many non parent friends say they would just pig out if they ever got pregnant. Hopefully she'll be somewhat comforted that the first 25/30 lbs does really just melt off over 2/3 months.
So I weighed myself again today and I was back down 2.5 lbs so I guess I'm just really fluctuating? Never gad this happen before so I'm a little confused. Got to the gym today so feeling good about that.

I bet the overeating is super common with first-time Moms. I know that I have always tried to be fairly conscious about what I eat, etc so I think that for me pregnancy was the perfect excuse to stuff my face as everyone expects you to be big anyway???:shrug: When I look back at my pictures with Isla though I was just huge towards the end everywhere; definitely not all baby related weight :haha:

Good for you for getting to the gym Sass! I agree that your weight is probably just fluctuating, sounds like you are on the right track :thumbup:

Rebecca you are so close now, very exciting!!! As you've been so good with staying active this whole pregnancy I bet your weight will melt off and you'll find it easier to get back into an exercise routine after baby arrives.

Aliop, yoga is definitely not for everyone. I love prenatal massages as well, very relaxing!

Hello ladies!

I'm in a similar boat to a lot of you. just found out Sunday I'm expecting #2! :happydance: with DD i went from 155 lbs to 230lbs! 75 lb weight gain! :wacko: the first 30 lbs were mostly her and planceta, etc so was gone by the next week. my legs, feet, knees, back, etc were killing me by the end with all that weight. Also had very bad swelling. BP skyrocketed when I went into labor and had to have an emergency c-section. It was a horrible experience and am hoping for a vbac. Which requires me to be healthy.

I had to work to go from 200 lbs, got to about 165 last spring, but then stopped caring again and gained 10 back. Fed up in early January I got my s*÷% together and started exercising 6 days a week and eating less/healthy foods. I definitely took advantage of being pregnant with dd and saw it as a free pass to eat EVERYTHING.

Now I weigh 148lbs! So actually starting this pregnancy lighter then with dd. I'm determined to stay healthy this time. Still exercising 6 days a week. On bad days if it's a walk around the sub that's fine, but gotta keep active! Currently i run every other day either outside on nice days or on the elliptical, and the in between days I do aerobics videos. I plan to stick to this routine as long as I can and only modify when I have to. I also track calories still, I added some back but it's the only thing that keeps me accountable for what I eat. Being preggers I will allow a treat SOMETIMES but not everyday all day. My goal is the 25-30lbs gain they recommend.

DHBH- It sounds like you have done great! Staying in the routine makes it so much easier.
Even though I have been exercising 6 days a week during the majority of this pregnancy, I have come to the point lately where it is physically demanding. And I get very tired. The only thing keeping me going at it some days is that I've been in the routine. I'm just so used to it now that I go even when I feel like sleeping all day. It really helps to just keep yourself in that groove.

Mrs. Eddie- I sure hope I bounce back quickly. I was disgruntled yesterday when I decided to try on a pair of non-maternity shorts I had been wearing last summer, and they were too tight in my legs and butt. I haven't gained much weight at all, and I know that the body holds extra weight in certain places during pregnancy. But I was definitely frustrated because I felt like those shorts should have fit. More motivation to keep eating healthy and exercising.

Another thing I started experiencing last week was intense heartburn. So I cut out my before bedtime snack. I was worried I would wake up starving but I didn't. I guess since my digestive system has slowed down again, I don't need to be eating before bed anymore. It's a pretty good feeling actually. Not eating late at night and not waking up with painful heartburn.

Dhbh that's impressive weight loss! You can do this the healthy way and have your
Vback, you must know what your doing to have lost that much...well done!
Today I stepped on the scale and was 4 lbs lighter than last week. And that was after coffee, water & breakfast:dance: so a total of 2 lbs up so far :haha: we'll see where this goes.
Did Pilates today, legs were already sore from kick box yesterday but mostly used abs so it was bearable. Tomorrow is my hardest class HIIT and then done for the week (yeay)! I'm going to tell tomorrow's instructor my news, she's not had kids and is pretty unrelenting.

I was only counting down the days until I can have a massage (they wont do them here until you're in second trimester) this morning! I had them fortnightly with my last pregnancy. My favourite thing though is seeing the osteopath feel so awesome afterwards.

DHBH, welcome :hi: Sounds like you are definitely on the right track this time, I bet you'll see much less of a weight gain this time around. I'm much less inclined to pig out during this pregnancy when I think about the work I had to put in to losing the weight last time :haha: I'm hoping for around the same weight gain as you, we can totally do this.

Rebecca, the fact that you could still almost fit into those shorts when you are so close to your due date is seriously impressive. I bet the majority of the weight you gained right now is baby, you'll probably barely have anything to lose after baby is born :thumbup:

2have4kids, sounds like you're doing really well keeping active, I would definitely tell your instructor that you're now expecting, maybe she'll take it a bit easy on you. :haha:

I have managed an hour walk every day this week and will be going again today. I did the treadclimber last night for 45 minutes and plan on doing my pregnancy work out tonight. I also have to start getting us packed for an upcoming weekend away and bake cookies for a friend's party, busy, busy!

I have been eating to much junk I had only gained 3lbs up until about 18 weeks then I started eating a lot lol. I've now gained 12lbs at 22 weeks which isn't horrible but if I don't straighten up and eat healthier I know the unnecessary weight with stack on. I'm going to start water aerobics once a day for an hour hoping that and only having some junk food a few times a week will keep me in the healthy range! I'm freaked out about getting GD from what I have been eating! First time prego so I'm learning as I go lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->