Working out mommas-to-be!

I'd never heard of this site, but it looks pretty neat. I've used MyFitnessPal for 2+ years to track my food and exercise, and I would definitely recommend it as well. It's free, too!

Also used MyFitnessPal and loved it. I used it last time to drop the last of my pregnancy weight and was still using it when I got pregnant :thumbup:

I don't know how I'm ever going to break myself from using it because it's become such a habit! I do think it will be a great tool for me throughout my pregnancy to make sure that I'm A) eating enough and B) not overdoing it on the sweets, which is often my downfall.

If it's working for you I would definitely keep doing it! I was sick quite often at the beginning of this pregnancy and was just too lazy to track things. If I start gaining massive amounts of weight again I'm going to go back on it but for now the plan is to resume when Ethan is about three months old.

I think DH is using my fitness pal. Just seems to be a good idea for everyone. I've never done food tracking before and every day has surprised me on what I'm over and under on. I was able to add in pregnancy into my profile do I think it added 300/400 calories to be each day.

Sass, I agree....it definitely increases awareness of what goes into the mouth!

I'd never heard of this site, but it looks pretty neat. I've used MyFitnessPal for 2+ years to track my food and exercise, and I would definitely recommend it as well. It's free, too!

Also used MyFitnessPal and loved it. I used it last time to drop the last of my pregnancy weight and was still using it when I got pregnant :thumbup:

I don't know how I'm ever going to break myself from using it because it's become such a habit! I do think it will be a great tool for me throughout my pregnancy to make sure that I'm A) eating enough and B) not overdoing it on the sweets, which is often my downfall.

If it's working for you I would definitely keep doing it! I was sick quite often at the beginning of this pregnancy and was just too lazy to track things. If I start gaining massive amounts of weight again I'm going to go back on it but for now the plan is to resume when Ethan is about three months old.

I like fitday.com as it does a lot of nutritional and dietary analysis after you plug everything in. As long as you have a method, the overall method for not gaining weight that works for me is not having pasta, bread, noodles, cookies, crackers on a regular basis. I treat them like cake, they are a once in a while treat. I lost 60 lbs 2 years ago and my thyroid went from 3 to 1.33(bloods at 8 weeks preggers). The whole way I lost and can maintain is by keeping the barbs reduced and a wee bit of exercise. I just spoke with my mw and she said that some women gain in the first, some in the last tri - that's why they don't weigh until the 9 month mark.

I agree too Sass, it is helpful to know where those calories are coming from. I was shocked when I started tracking at how many calories could be racked up through snacks at playdates, etc. Maybe I should start tracking again for my own reference...

2have4kids, the limited carb policy is wise. Carbs seem to be my downfall this pregnancy, in that I crave them more than usual. So far I've been pretty good about resisting them but I could be better. We eat pasta once a week, which I would like to cut down to once every 2 weeks...

Our house is like carb world. It's horrible. DH and dd are both obsessed. So they are everywhere. I can't even get away with just making pasta. He will literally say to me, "where's the bread dish?" As in actual bread. :(
I lost 20lbs before having dd1 doing a gluten free meal plan called medifast for a couple months then just keeping carbs and portions lower. I think I'm doing terrible with carbs this time around. I'm going yo try to make a point of keeping tabs on them now that you've brought it up. Thank you!

Sass, the same here. Toddlers seem to love carby foods and Isla's eating is sporadic but when I make pasta she devours it, which is why we tend to put it on the menu. Would be especially tough if your DH is a carb addict too. I guess I'm going to have to lower my intake and not be tempted by Isla's food anymore :haha:

I actually used MyFitnessPal yesterday and almost 50% of my calories came from carbs, really not good. I think I am going to start tracking again just to keep myself in line.

I'm definitely a huge carb addict. I could eat bread with butter allllllll day long lol

My hubby is the one causing my diet downfall... he keeps coming home with junk food!!! Sugary cereal and donuts last night, like seriously???? Killing me lol

It's been rainy here the past few days and is supposed to be sunny tomorrow so I have a long walk planned for us lol

I'm definitely a huge carb addict. I could eat bread with butter allllllll day long lol

My hubby is the one causing my diet downfall... he keeps coming home with junk food!!! Sugary cereal and donuts last night, like seriously???? Killing me lol

It's been rainy here the past few days and is supposed to be sunny tomorrow so I have a long walk planned for us lol

My DH was the same Greats, I had to tell him to stop as it was derailing me quite a bit. He's been trying to eat better as well, which has been very helpful to me! Hope you had a great walk!

Recently I can't seem to finish my meals. So last night I ate the mashed yam first, salad and couldn't finish the fish. Tonight I heated my plate up with fish & salad and didn't put the yam on it until I was done the fish n salad. It's still sitting in the fridge! I have to start eating smarter like this, baby needs protein my arse does not need carb!!

Smart move! I went through a few weeks where I couldn't stomach a normal sized meal either. It was great cause I ate so much less but even so, I got really, really bad indigestion. It grossed me out so much but I do sort of wish that it had continued.... ;)
Oh and I saw a different doc for my check up and she said pelvic rest isn't nessiccary for me unless I have a bleed so now I can go to the gym without feeling guilty. Not going to push myself super hard or anything, just trying to maintain.

I've been a lot less hungry in general this pregnancy too and can't eat large portions of food. It was weird, I went through a period a few weeks ago where I was hungry all the time so thought my appetite might be vamping up again but I think it was just baby going through a growth spurt as it's subsided again :shrug:

Eating protein over carbs is definitely wise!

Sass, that's awesome news from your doctor! Glad you can continue to work out without worry.

I think I'm going to keep tracking food re MyFitnessPal. I'm finding it easy to do and I think will help me to eat a more balanced diet. :thumbup:

I think I'm eating a lot less this time too. I'm saying that after eating so poorly this past weekend though! Embarrassed. Taking my car to the shop and hoping they finish quickly enough so I can get into the gym before nap time.

I think I'm eating a lot less this time too. I'm saying that after eating so poorly this past weekend though! Embarrassed. Taking my car to the shop and hoping they finish quickly enough so I can get into the gym before nap time.

Don't be embarrassed. I have days where I eat like crap too; totally happens!

Thanks E. I had a salad for lunch to try to balance out plus I'm telling DH its a healthy dinner for us tonight too. No objections!
Total fail at the mechanic- was there over double the time I was told. Dd drove me crazy. Now I only have Thursday left for the gym. :(

That's really frustrating that it took them so much longer than they expected (why does that always happen :growlmad:) That must of been awful trying to entertain your daughter, not like there is a lot of exciting stuff going on in a mechanic's office, I'd be bored waiting there :haha:

At least you can still get to the gym on Thursday :thumbup:

Went to the gym and got pulled into a barre class. How awesome! Really loved it. Got sweaty. Only downside was I could straight up smell myself and it was really grossing me out.
So excited to actually find a class I can do and push myself but not too hard! Yay!

That sounds so awesome Sass, glad that you found a class that you love.

I feel like starting MyFitnessPal again was very wise for me. Feel my eating has improved immensely since tracking again and that I'm eating better and more healthy food.

I weighed myself this morning and am up 17lbs now. Am pretty happy with that; am hoping that I only gain around 30lbs this time.

We've been having a lot of nice weather here so have been out walking a lot (at work and with Isla after I pick her up from day care). Also still doing my work outs and feeling pretty well in general. Have also started doing stretches/exercises at my desk a few times a day, which is helping with the sciatic pain I was having :thumbup:

Okay, so I am only 6+5 right now, but my energy level has become nonexistent! I used to do my workouts as soon as I got home from work, but all I can seem to do now is drag myself to the couch after I walk in the door. Please tell me that this will get better! I really want to remain active, but I just can't find any motivation lately. :sleep:

Okay, so I am only 6+5 right now, but my energy level has become nonexistent! I used to do my workouts as soon as I got home from work, but all I can seem to do now is drag myself to the couch after I walk in the door. Please tell me that this will get better! I really want to remain active, but I just can't find any motivation lately. :sleep:

Blinker I was so sick and run down in the first trimester that I found trying to exercise really challenging. I tried to do a couple of times a week but sometimes even that didn't happen. I started to work out more regularly after I got into the second trimester and got some energy back and felt less awful (I think around 16 weeks).

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Even just going for a walk while you're at work can count as some exercise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->