Working till when????

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
am obviously thinking well ahead but trying to think about when i will be able to work until.

Really disapointed that materneity pay is so poor. for financial straints am having 6 months off, just! and really want to work as late as possible so was thinking if i could i would work up until the 'sun' before i am sue - on the tuesday 30th sept.

i am a teacher so will be lucky enough to have the 6 week summer holidays off to relax and only return for 3 weeks, i know it will be hard but my temp replacement will already be employed so i will be supervising and teaching when i feel up to it, so thought work as late as possible and then have most of the time off with my baby rather than my bump

when are you all planning to wirk until? how are your situations

I'm due on 13th October and so I'll be doing pretty much the same as you. Work till the end of term, enjoy the summer hols with my hubby who's a teacher, then back in for 2 or 3 weeks then finish. I'm taking the full 12 months.

Thats my intention. With my first I left 6 weeks before she was due as I was totally jiggered and couldnt carry on. With hindsight I wish I'd pushed on for a couple more weeks as she was almost 2 weeks late so I was at home for 8 weeks, bored and too big to do anything!!!

I only get 8 weeks of maternity leave or 10 weeks for a c-section, but am saving up my holiday pay for after the baby is here to get as much time at home with baby as possible. So, with that said, I hope to work until I go into labor!! :hug:

I am taking maternity leave 3 days before LO is due but intend on taking annual leave 3 weeks before this. I don't want to start my maternity leave too early.

I havent got a clue yet!! Id like to have some time off but money wise i dont think im going to be able to afford it.

My classes will end in May,then I'll continue work until late August/September when my maternity leave kicks in.It's not a hard job,I work in bookshop and I don't work full time.After the mat leave starts I'll basicly be waiting for the munchkin to be born,due on October 8th...I'm not gonna go back to work for 8 months,just be with my girl and study for exams I'll be taking for my second year of college,then I start with the work and in September 2009 I'll hopefully go back to my third year of school.

Good luck!:hugs:

I'm due in November, but my boss is trying to convince me that I have to go on my maturnity leave in September or I'll lose maternity pay - but that seems so early. I haven't decided if I'm definately going back yet - but if I do I want more time off with my baby and no sat at home with my bump. I'm also not allowed to add my holiday on to my leave, so I have 3 weeks to take between now and september ...

I'm starting tomorrow at 38 1/2 weeks. I work at a hospital so work can be hectic at times and at this point I feel so huge I couldn't hold on any longer.

I work in a hospital, I swear I will work as long as possible and if I need to I will just have to take an elevator ride to the top floor if I go into labour while working! LOL

I'm due 10th Sept, and plan on starting Maternity Leave around the middle of August. I've been told to take as much of my holidays as I can fit in before then, so I have a couple of weeks off in July, and have left a week over for when Maternity Leave ends if I go back to work.

my company usually like us to leave 6 weeks before due date but we can opt to stay up to 2 weeks before ue date with a doctors note.

I think I'd like 3 weeks off before baby comes - I want time to relax and to seperate my "old life" adn the "new life". I also want to get the hosue 100% tidy, to stock the cupboards and to do loads of cooking and freeze meals so it's dead easy for the first couple of weeks when baby is home.
And - goddammit - I deserve some time to relax!!!

I'll be taking 4 months maternity and another year off unpaid. I dont want to leave baby unless financially I really cant cope.

Im due on the 2nd of June, but possibly being induced around the 19th of May.

Im leaving on the 9th May... originally gave me three weeks off before Junior, but if Im induced it should only give me 10 days.

xxx

well i'm due on aug 27th i leave work on 1st aug but i have 2weeks hoilday b4 that, i'm taking a yr off i hope and i'm thinking about maybe not going back to work but i'm not sure yet

It's good to think about it early because I think you have to tell your employer at least 11 weeks before you plan to start.

I'm going to be working right up till LO is born but for me it's a bit different because I live where I work & although I do a lot of hours I can start and stop almost as and when I feel like it & just have to go upstairs to be home again.

For this reason I will still be doing little bits like cashing up probably just days after LO is born too & OH already has decided that as soon as I can I'm going to be leaving LO upstairs while he's sleeping and working with the baby monitor on me.

I did have a lot of time off in the middle of my pregnancy though because my old work place just stopped giving me hours.

im finishing at 35 weeks, i work on a heavy care of the elderly ward so i dont think i could go any longer. I have saved up my annual leave so baby is due about 25th july so i will work up until june 21st have four weeks paid annual leave so i will officially start my maternity sunday 20th july.
We have good maternity leave to be fair, we get six months full pay, 3 months just smp then a further 3 months unpaid. We also have the option to return to work at any time as long as work receive 2 months notice of your return.

My little one was due on 11th January 2008. I worked in office until beginning December 2007. I then worked from home - I'm luckily able to do that - until Xmas, and then did not work until after he was born.

I actually started working from home again five days after he was born - you may think I was mad, but I actually enjoyed doing this during those few hours he slept - it made me still part of the real world and I think actually kept me sane. He's now 15.5 weeks and I'm still working two days from home and do the occassional day in the office (maybe one every four weeks) - again I'm extremely lucky as I can take him with me.

im working upto 36 weeks, but lucky for me i only work 3 days and its a office job so i think i should be fine x

I'm not 100% on this yet. I'm due on 10th October and will start Maternity leave a few days before this. I am saving most of my annual leave so in theory I could take upto 4 weeks off before this, but I'd rather carry over as much as possible and tag it onto the end of my maternity leave. I'm lucky because I work from home quite a lot so my boss should be pretty flexible :thumbup:

I'm going to try and take 9 months maternity if I can (got to sit down and do the sums at some point!!)

xx

I was made redundant in January and lost my maternity rights so will only get MA now instead of SMP. Also OH's company went bust so he is now on a week to week contract so we are buggered financially!
I was planning on leaving 6 weeks before beanie is due and having a year off, but now cant afford to so will be working until 22nd august (im due on 29th) and returning part time about 6 weeks after. Im lucky though that my mum is self employed and so will be looking after LO 3 days a week for us from the start.

my company usually like us to leave 6 weeks before due date but we can opt to stay up to 2 weeks before ue date with a doctors note.

I think I'd like 3 weeks off before baby comes .

having said this today seems stressful and on days like this I contemplate leaving as soon as they'll let me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->