Worst presents?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Just for fun, I know all presents are bought out of kindness!

For me it was a dog stocking. We don't have a dog :haha:

And Felix, who is five months, got what looks a lot like a golliwog in the city's football kit (we're not in to football), a box of Rusks which we won't use, and chocolate buttons, which I decided to eat on his behalf cos I'm BF, so it totally counts as him having them.:haha:

What were yours?

I got a Handmade Christmas book, which was actually really thoughtful and totally me, but I can't use it for another year :lol:

OH got an ice scraper and microfibre cloth from his nan - bless!

I can't think of any bad presents that we got, but we did get far too much chocolate. I've gone off it already and there is so much to get through!

Dh's grandma got the boys dog toys. Yeah. Bless her, I think she thought they were kid toys, but they are definitely dog chew toys, lol.

My MIL got DS2 a shirt & T shirt in size 3-4 when he wears 5-6 (she actually said whilst giving it, they probably won't fit but u can hold on to them and give them to someone else). MIL also give both boys same hideous coats in age 8, totally wrong size. They are horrible and are already in charity shop

Every year I get ear rings off my nan, she knows I don't gave my ears pierced!

Dominic always gets loads of clothes that are too small or the wrong season as presents. So frustrating. He got bought about 3 snow suits last year which would have fit june-August. Oh ge thanks!

Dh's grandma got the boys dog toys. Yeah. Bless her, I think she thought they were kid toys, but they are definitely dog chew toys, lol.

one of the funniest things I've read!

I was so tired on xmas morning i opened a gift and thought 'meh bath oils' only when i sorted through things later i realized they were actually mini flavoured vodkas hahahaha!!

I don't think there was any presents i didn't like or wouldn't use

My hubby wrapped a Slim Jim & put it in my stocking lol

He explained later it was because I have never had one.

Not that I'm not grateful but I asked for some clothes for ds3 as loads of our baby toys are still fine, I specified sizes and they were stuck to, but we pretty much got the same clothes. Mil and oh nan go shopping together and brought him similar tops, and a couple of other people did the same.. He has 4 blue checkered shirts in 1 size... Like smart ones too so we won't have very many opportunities to wear them.

Not that I'm not grateful but I asked for some clothes for ds3 as loads of our baby toys are still fine, I specified sizes and they were stuck to, but we pretty much got the same clothes. Mil and oh nan go shopping together and brought him similar tops, and a couple of other people did the same.. He has 4 blue checkered shirts in 1 size... Like smart ones too so we won't have very many opportunities to wear them.

Id take them back, with or without receipt and ask for exchange.

My MIL is usually good for duff gifts. She tries but DH doesn't help, it takes me years to get through a bottle of perfume, he goes into my drawer sniffs the perfume I already have, picks his fav and reports back to Mil who goes out and buys another bottle - the bottle he sniffed is 3/4 full! So now I have 2 bottles of the same perfume.

I can't believe some of these! :haha:

We were lucky, we didn't get anything bad. DD got a HUGE my little pony house with tons of small pieces that she won't be able to play until she's 5 (its sooo tall!), and DH got the shortest socks I've ever seen in my life and he absolutely hates them because they don't even go up to his ankle. But nothing terrible.

I always give everyone toothbrushes in their stockings. NO one ever gives me one so I gave myself a new toothbrush in my stocking.

When my son opened his body wash he said 'soap?????' like he'd never seen it.

I don't think I got anything too duff this year lol. We do have 9 tubs of sweets plus selection boxes though. And MIL bought Rory a load of clothes a size too big, and some pyjamas 2 sizes too big (4-5 and he's just gone into 2-3!) xx

My sil has bought my daughter christmas clothes a size too big even though we told her what size she is. I know she will grow into them but it just annoys me when she always asks what size she is and the doesn't believe us because she's now on the smaller side of average but was 9lb 12 when born.

Also my mother bought dd a musical biscuit tin which she now insists on cuddling in bed!

I knitted a scarf for my MIL, made her a necklace (that I could have sold for quite a lot of money) and also bought her a big box of Lush goodies. She gave me.. nothing. Not even a card. So that was a little odd and disappointing.

I also have a son on the small side and people buying clothes too big bugs the life out of me. Thankfully he didn't get too many clothes this year and my mum has finally listened to the size. But he got a huge jacket last year that might fit in 2 years time!

I got 3 copies of the exact same Harry Potter colouring book! I love Harry Potter and everyone knows it, so it was very thoughtful gift :haha:

My OH got an ice scraper/snow sweeper on a huge stick. So did FIL and SIL. Poor MIL felt the wrath of it all day, they were making fun of her all day long saying she must've got them at bulk price in clearance because we've had no cold weather lol!
They had lots of other things too so they weren't being mean :) she saw the funny side lol.

The worst present Rio received was a pair of 5-6 jeans, he is only just in 2-3. Honestly everything else has been pretty good I'm impressed :)

Same with me, I like most of my presents this year. I have one friend who always buys a cheap wine (I'm talking about £3 from home bargains or similar) that is disgusting and some sort of cheap hand cream or soap from the same place, I never use either of those or re gift them because they are so bad. But I'm used to those gifts and don't have the heart to tell her, I still get her something nice in return.

Overall not a bad Christmas gift wise :)

Rhio do you think one person came up with the idea and others copied?

Kirsty I just don't get why people by clothes so big. DS is at an age where he wears his jeans out so the "longer use" does work either.
With the friend, I think id be tempted to suggest a night/lunch out instead of buying each other stuff. Why let her continue to throw money away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->