Worst presents?

Rhio do you think one person came up with the idea and others copied?

Kirsty I just don't get why people by clothes so big. DS is at an age where he wears his jeans out so the "longer use" does work either.
With the friend, I think id be tempted to suggest a night/lunch out instead of buying each other stuff. Why let her continue to throw money away.

That's a good idea. I couldn't think of a way to tell her without offending so that's ideal. We dont often get chance to meet up for lunch so that's a good suggestion. Thanks. X

Dh's grandma got the boys dog toys. Yeah. Bless her, I think she thought they were kid toys, but they are definitely dog chew toys, lol.

one of the funniest things I've read!

My SIL was sitting by me when they opened them, and she was like "psst...are those dog chew toys?" I whispered back "yeah. keep a straight face. no giggling." LOL we tried so hard not to laugh, because I know she really meant well and must not have known.

Everything we got was very good, only strange thing is my niece and nephew's grandfather gave lo a bag of things and the first thing lo pulled out was a satsuma - normally for the stocking and the second thing was a dried up carrot :haha: next was a little pot of chocolates the lo didn't know what they were, finally lo was very excited to pull out a large hotel chocolate Santa. He put 10 pound notes in the little pots for my niece and nephew and my niece bless her was like "Sam, you have to open your pot, there is money in it, oh no there is no money - Stuart you forgot Sam's money" I felt so sorry for him so jumped in and said no he didn't forget as Sam isn't his grandchild and he didn't have to bring anything.

I loved everything I got :happydance: so I did not get any bad gifts :)

I think I did well, but DH got old spice from my wee sister :rofl: it's the thought!

I did end up with two lady gaga toothbrushes and I have about 4 already from home bargains last year :rofl:

My Aunty gave me money but a few stocking filler-y presents... Amongst them? Mini flavoured vodkas. I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant!!!! :lol:

Evie got 8 pairs of pjamas which is great as I love getting them new varied ones at Xmas. Thing is majority of them are age 2-3 when she is tiny and only in 9-12 or 12-18 so might almost fit next Xmas! That isn't for them to know though as I'd probably get an 18 month old 2-3

Can't think of anything bad that the kids got actually. OH got a heap of star wars stuff from everyone and joked he won't be telling anyone what films he likes next year

I was gutted last night. I got a few crappy bath sets (as you do) but one from an old friend which was Boots Extracts. Well I quite like that so I cracked it open last night and went to use it and it stunk of really cheap body lotion, like that plasticy smell. When I had a proper look it was just some Poundland dupe using a really similar logo - it even had a little present sticker on like it'd come from 3 for 2 :dohh: well not impressed! :lol:

Though I should've expected it - the same friend gave my mum a bath set with a raffle ticket still taped to the top - she'd clearly won it in a tombola :dohh:

I got a CK Euphoria gift set that I'm pretty sure has already been used

Last year my MIL gave us a big bag of marshmallows (wrapped them!) which OH and I had bought, left at her house accidently and we'd already opened and ate half the bag!

From FiL - one of my dead MiL's pullovers. It's not even a size I could wear, let alone colour etc., so god only knows what he must have been thinking. It also smells of mothballs. Husband is devastated as he recognised it (of course). I have no idea what to do with it. Or what to do about it.

Anne when did MIL die? Has Fil not cleared out her things, does he need someone else to do it? Is he loosing the plot?

As for the jumper I'd put it in the washing machine then charity shop it.

My OH bought me some joke jelly beans where some of them are meant to taste like vomit.. I honestly cannot think of a worse gift for his pregnant wife who is suffering with hyperemesis!! :sick:

Last year my MIL gave us a big bag of marshmallows (wrapped them!) which OH and I had bought, left at her house accidently and we'd already opened and ate half the bag!

Haha that is hilarious! :haha:

Mine weren't too bad this year, my mum is the queen of re gifting though, last year I got a smelly set that I'd bought for my sister, who had the palmed it off on my mum, and it came back full circle to me!!

The only annoying thing I got was a pair of Birkenstock type sandals. As I've got size 10 feet they're hard to find - BUT I only wanted a pair to slip on by the pool when I went away in November, I don't wear them in the UK I like sandals that are fully strapped on! Anyway I found some before I went away, and got them myself....she's bought me 2 more pairs, and it's highly unlikely I'll be going away again anytime soon!!

I didn't get that many presents, most were joint presents of alcohol and chocolates for me and DH and will always be welcome! Any others were things I had asked for. Ds however gets presents from MILs customers (runs a market stall selling wool to old ladies). One lady gave him an ugly brown box with another inside, and another inside, and another inside with an old train toy in the smallest box. I was confused and then DH remembered that 2 years ago this lady had asked what Ds liked and had been told "boxes". So this year he got them...he is now 3 :dohh: Another lady knitted him a tank top which whilst I appreciate the effort, is not something I would dress him in. He looked at it and said he wasn't wearing it:blush: I did manage to get it on for a picture but think I will take it to a charity shop for someone more appreciative.

Just received a shoe rack from Connor 's mama (so his dad's mum who I still class as family despite FOB and I being in new relationships). Umm, thank you? :haha:

I got 2 bottles of red wine which I don't drink nor can I anyway as I'm breastfeeding.

The other was a gift from SS's Mom. A new baby gift set with a baby blanket but he's already got about 10 as he's 4 months old so will just take it to the charity shop.

OH's dad got DD2 a talking Barney (the purple dinosaur) She's never watched Barney and we've never mentioned her showing any interest in it. I know I probably sound really ungrateful but most presents he buys the girls are obviously bought with no thought. He barely sees them so he has no idea what they're interested in and never asks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->