Worst presents?

My OH bought me some joke jelly beans where some of them are meant to taste like vomit.. I honestly cannot think of a worse gift for his pregnant wife who is suffering with hyperemesis!! :sick:

My sister brought these for us to all play games with in Christmas Day, my 23 month old had the dog food one (when smelt so revolting I was nearly sick sitting next to him) and didn't have a clue what to make of it

I got 2 bottles of red wine which I don't drink nor can I anyway as I'm breastfeeding.

Totally off topic but you can drink while breastfeeding, what gets in your milk isn't at all similar to what crosses the placenta when pregnant.

I didn't get that many presents, most were joint presents of alcohol and chocolates for me and DH and will always be welcome! Any others were things I had asked for. Ds however gets presents from MILs customers (runs a market stall selling wool to old ladies). One lady gave him an ugly brown box with another inside, and another inside, and another inside with an old train toy in the smallest box. I was confused and then DH remembered that 2 years ago this lady had asked what Ds liked and had been told "boxes". So this year he got them...he is now 3 :dohh: Another lady knitted him a tank top which whilst I appreciate the effort, is not something I would dress him in. He looked at it and said he wasn't wearing it:blush: I did manage to get it on for a picture but think I will take it to a charity shop for someone more appreciative.

aww that was really sweet of that lady to remember that your son liked boxes, even if it was a little too late. :haha:

DD got boys pjs two sizes smaller than she wears.. She also got a Christmas outfit with Santa on it.. It's gorgeous.. But we didn't get it til the day after Xmas and it will be too small next year... And a really nice coat that's 3 sizes too big... I did put it away for future use though as its really nice.

I get scented body wash from MIL every year.. I'm allergic to it..

My moms friend got my niece a dog toy and knew it was a dog toy.. She figured she would like that it made noise...(my neice is blind)

Clothes in the wrong size is so annoying. I'm guessing the Christmas outfit giver never put much thought into it.
DS was 10 mths at his 1st Christmas he was given a Christmas bib you'd put on a 3 mth old, I recently gave it away to a friend of a friend.

At least there was though in the dog toy.

I was so tired on xmas morning i opened a gift and thought 'meh bath oils' only when i sorted through things later i realized they were actually mini flavoured vodkas hahahaha!!

I don't think there was any presents i didn't like or wouldn't use

Winning!!

Clothes in the wrong size is so annoying. I'm guessing the Christmas outfit giver never put much thought into it.
DS was 10 mths at his 1st Christmas he was given a Christmas bib you'd put on a 3 mth old, I recently gave it away to a friend of a friend.

Too small is the worst! I don't mind being able to out things away..The pjs I can't blame them on size she is 3 and they got her 3t but she's really tall so needs 5t as she hates anything that rides up.. When they saw her they said they didn't realize how tall she was.

I'm assuming she meant to give us the Santa outfit before Xmas and forgot.

My OH bought me some joke jelly beans where some of them are meant to taste like vomit.. I honestly cannot think of a worse gift for his pregnant wife who is suffering with hyperemesis!! :sick:

My sister brought these for us to all play games with in Christmas Day, my 23 month old had the dog food one (when smelt so revolting I was nearly sick sitting next to him) and didn't have a clue what to make of it

My nephew produced a pack of them yesterday - I'm sure it will be the first and last jelly beans my son will ever eat. Yuck who in a marketing department thought those were a good idea?

Too small is the worst! I don't mind being able to out things away..The pjs I can't blame them on size she is 3 and they got her 3t but she's really tall so needs 5t as she hates anything that rides up.. When they saw her they said they didn't realize how tall she was.

I'm assuming she meant to give us the Santa outfit before Xmas and forgot.

Can you return them?

Clothes that will fit within a year / one size up are good. But much bigger is taking up cupboard space. DS is on the 2nd centile, really small for his age. Last year he was wearing 2-3, he was given a 5-6 jacket it might fit in another couple of years.
In the past he's been given character clothes far too big that by the time they fit he'd have outgrown the character. When he went into pants he was wearing 12-18mths, he was given 2 packs of 2-3. By the time he needed that size I'd forgotten all about them and bought even more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->