Would you skip?

I'm born a week before Christmas and always swore I wouldn't have a December baby because I always felt my birthday got lost in the shuffle of the holidays. I was very hopeful that we'd get pregnant our first cycle of trying (a trend throughout my family) but I got AF and was very emotional. I explained to my husband that I really don't want to wait any longer and yet don't want to have a December baby. My wonderful husband then pointed out that if we did then it would be a bonding point for LO and myself, and that I'd make sure birthdays were special. I'd prefer to not have a baby at that time but if it's meant to be it will be. I also know that it could take months or years to get pregnant and I might regret not trying. So no, not skipping!

I understand that you wouldn't be too happy if the baby was born on or around your mother's death day. But the question is would your mother want you to hold off on your plans just on the extremly off chance the baby would be born on that day? I know I wouldn't want my children to think that way, if they were trying for a baby after my death and risked the child be born on my death month/day, I'd tell them to go for it:thumbup: I'd actually think it'd be nice that they have a happier occasion in December (if it did happen), something that would've made me happy as well : a grandchild! I don't think your mother, who loved you, would want you to put this on hold for that reason. She'd be happy for you, no matter what month/date the baby is born!

so well said.:thumbup: i don't really want a christmas baby either, but i also don't have the patience to take a month off. AND i miscarried in early december, so having an early december baby might make december bearable for me...:shrug: i'm only cd2 and i'm already getting hopeful...?:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->