Would you use a male childminder?

No, I wouldnt mind.

As a child growing up with an abusive mother, i dont favour either male or female. And some of the female nannies or childminders i have met at tot groups i would NOT trust with my children. Registered or not.

My husband is a great dad and a great carer. Many men are like him.

I also work with many male nurses who have more compassion and intuition than some women out there!

So because of my personal experiences i have chosen that i dont mind.

I'm not comfortable with anyone other than family and friends to be honest.
A piece of paper doesn't prove you aren't a monster.
:(

Well, since my dad is going to watch my girl when I work, I already am. Interest and skill with children is not a female only trait. I know my DH is awesome with children.

The only reason everyone suddenly knows about sex offenders is the media. There are actually no more sexual abuse cases than there were 50 years ago.

It baffles me that people make assumptions about their state or country. The sex offender registry encompasses a WIDE variety of sexual crimes, not just children.

The only reason everyone suddenly knows about sex offenders is the media. There are actually no more sexual abuse cases than there were 50 years ago.

It baffles me that people make assumptions about their state or country. The sex offender registry encompasses a WIDE variety of sexual crimes, not just children.

You mean like those poor saps in NYC who are registered sex offenders for taking a piss behind a dumpster? "Public indecency" etc... LOL (I shouldn't laugh but it's hard not to). Or a 20 year old guy who has sex with his 17 year old girlfriend.

You mean like those poor saps in NYC who are registered sex offenders for taking a piss behind a dumpster? "Public indecency" etc... LOL (I shouldn't laugh but it's hard not to). Or a 20 year old guy who has sex with his 17 year old girlfriend.

Exactly. Just because they are a registered sex offender, doesn't mean that they abused a child :flower:

Exactly. Just because they are a registered sex offender, doesn't mean that they abused a child :flower:

The thing online that tells you, and the mailers you get letting you know a sex offender in the area does list their crime. Not in graphic detail, but you can tell. And it's not "just the media" being the reason for people knowing of sex offenders. There may not be any more than before, but you make it sound like more awareness is a bad thing!

Well, my degree is in Criminology and Victimology so I've studied all this in depth. Awareness is good, but sometimes, the masses are dangerous and too much information distributed to the public causes more harm than good.

Well, my degree is in Criminology and Victimology so I've studied all this in depth. Awareness is good, but sometimes, the masses are dangerous and too much information distributed to the public causes more harm than good.

Wouldn't you rather know though? Putting what you've learned aside. Wouldn't you rather know there was a predator near your children?

Wouldn't you rather know though? Putting what you've learned aside. Wouldn't you rather know there was a predator near your children?

The problem is that most child molesters are never caught. Convicted sex offenders (convicted child offenders) don`t scare me, it`s the other 90% that are never reported.

I agree with aliss. Most of the time though, sex offenders don't check in or reregister when they move.

I agree with aliss. Most of the time though, sex offenders don't check in or reregister when they move.

I read a few months back, something like in England, the police have "lost track" of a hundred or so offenders. :nope:

Are the police supposed to keep track thereéé?? Here it is the court system.

I haven't read the whole thread, but voted for the "either" option as gender isn't really something I would consider when looking at childcare. Most guys I know are fabulous with kids - really great, hands-on dads who probably do a better job than I do watching children! :)

I personally wouldnt mind male or female but I know my partner would point blank refuse to have a male childminder.

I really don't see why gender makes any difference? I haven't read the entire thread but agree with those who have said males can be excellent as child carers and it's not right to think that anything untoward is going to happen just because the carer is a man.

Some people - of both genders - are amazing with children, and others are terrible.

Just my opinion :flower:

I put no as tbh i have never come across a man with the capabilities and patience. i leave my OH and son in together and OH is frazzled by the time i get in :dohh:

no I wouldn't leave my little girls with any male apart from their Dad. I know that's not the right way to be and that women are sex offenders too, but I just can't do it....not sure why I feel like this. Guess read and watch the news too much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->