would you....

Yes, once they are washed, no one will no know they are 2nd hand, and afterall,
even if you buy new, after a few washes they will look the same.
Also, your baby wont know the difference. x

Yes and already have... from BnB and ebay.... that's what washing machines are for! xx

I think I would buy from Ebay but I would only buy new from a shop seller or something. If I got second hand from someone I personally knew then I would be fine, I just dont think I could trust second hand from a total stranger. I'm not snobby, I am just generally wary about second hand goods, esp as you dont totally know the condition its in. I know you can wash things but I still wouldnt like the idea that my baby's blanket had been used in someones dog bed - washed or not!

thanks, ive just bought some white moses basket sheets,( 8 for under a tenner!!! bargain!) from ebay and then sat arguing with myself if i had done the right thing or not!!! lol
they are so expensive and will only be used for a short time, they will be washed on the hotest temp my washer allows!! :)

Hey Hun, I have been really fortunate and been given all my blankets and sheets (my little man has a seriously excited Nanna and great-Nanna!)

But if I were you, I would get some anti bacterial nappie soak to soak them in before washing, at least then you'll know they will be nice and clean!

Congrats on the bargain btw, gotta love eBay!

I've been wondering this but I guess once they are washed there is no difference - as long as they are in good condition in the first place!

We won't buy our kids anything secondhand. If it is in good condition and from someone we know, thats different.

We aren't rich, well off or stuck up by any means but we always make sure we can afford to get our children new things(clothes, bedding, toys etc). It doesnt have to be really expensive stuff & it hardly ever is-we love walmart & target, but the point is we find the money because we want to provide them with the best of everything(& not saying that if you buy secondhand you arent doing this, this is just how we feel about it).

With my son I learned to check the sales rack EVERY time you go to the store. Last time I got him a few shirts that were $1.98 each. When you randomly come across deals like that, its easy to not run out of good clothes and be able to afford it. :flower:

definately, something I still need to do, just waiting till bubs makes it to 30 weeks:) then I will get myself into gear!
If you think about it if you have more than one child then yr first babies cast offs are basically second hand to baby no 2 or 3 :) xx

I'd be too afraid of bed bugs getting into the house.

I was given a load of blankets by some of my relatives and I have absolutely no problem using them, but I don't think I'd buy second-hand bedding from someone I didn't know.

I've no problem with second-hand stuff in general though - my Moses basket is on loan from a friend, my pram was given to me by my aunt, I've a load of clothes that have been given to me by friends and family. The way I see it is that the money I save on these can go towards mine and my child's future. Every penny that I'm not spending on baby stuff now is going into my savings.

yep. ive no problem with anyting seconD hand (bar underwear, Socks tat kinda ting)...

I've got no problem buying bedding and clothes and stuff second hand (I buy second hand clothes for myself a lot too, not just for baby). The way I see it is that there's another junk in the world as it is so I'd rather not add to that too much by buying new stuff.

I put no, mostly because there is a big bedbug problem over here and rather than risk bringing them into the home and have to then worry about spraying etc, it would be better to buy brand new.

I put no, mostly because there is a big bedbug problem over here and rather than risk bringing them into the home and have to then worry about spraying etc, it would be better to buy brand new.

I understand yr concerns on that but all bedding curtains etc i have previously bought second hand or got on freecycle (where you give away for free unwanted items etc) I always wash at 60 c any fabrics i bring into my house and having encountered this problem before know that this temperature kills any bugs.
The items I am careful not to buy second hand etc are settees bed mattress's head boards etc as they tend to burrow inside furniture and thats how houses get infested.
I often buy items from charity shops like oxfam as these have been washed cleaned and thoroughly checked:)
Where possible I would like to reduce my carbon foot print and this is the easiest way xx

When I was pregnant I kept buying and getting *new* stuff for my lovey. Well turns out they grow. MAD FAST. She was out of newborn clothes two weeks later. She was at 3-6 months clothes at 1.5 months. She is 10 months now and she's wearing 18-24 months clothes. And she slowed down a lot after six months. I think the first six months investing in new clothes is just too much, this is the clothes that will last them a month, maybe two. So I was just buying stuff in bulk from ebay and happy with it. Now I can spend a little more knowing that she's not growing out of it two weeks after :)

Oops just read "bedding" - I actually ended up buying all new bedding, think that's the only thing I bought completely new, just to match her nursery.

I have bought lots second hand and napisan'd and washed and all nice and clean. I also got given some wyncette material and made some sheets. Love the bargains :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->