Woven wrap sizing...

F

FemmeEnceinte

I'm looking at a loooovely selection of woven wraps atm and think they'd be great for summer. Not sure about sizing however. For a front carry, 4.10m is more than enough for me, however I want OH to wear her too and he's a big built, broad chested type so I'm pretty sure it'd be a 4.60m or 5.20m??? Not sure... anyway, what are the issues, if any, of wearing a wrap that's "too big"? Will I just have to buy two? :lol:

Merci :flower:

I would go for a 4.60 at LEAST :)

If he's tall I'd go bigger.

I have a 4.60 and even for cross wrap carries that use alot of fabric theres quite a bit left as I'm only a 8/10 but I don't know how it would be on a guy! The only problem is - if he decides he doesn't like wearing the wrap, you'll be stuck having shed loads of loose fabric :\ .... SO, I'd probably go for a 4.60 otherwise it might get awkward :lol:

x

Yeah, what LoveBunny said, I have a 3.6 and surprisingly I can do all cross carries (front, back and hip) and also tibetan back carries, rebozo's (sp?), kangaroo carries and basic cross and I'm a 12 but with mine my OH can only do rebozo's. But if you had a 4.1 your OH would be able to rebozo's and probably basic cross but do the other cross carries he would probably need longer. I suppose it depends how long he would be wearing her aswell as if it would only be occasionally then you could probs get away with the shorter (4.1) but if he's wearing her a lot, the rebozo's hurt after a while then he will need to do crosses so would need the longer. Sorry that turned in to a bit of a rant. So I would say get the 4.1 if it's going to be you doing most of the wearing as that means you won't have loads of extra material or get a 4.6 + if he will be wearing her lots too x

I have a 5.2, Im 5'8 size 8-10 and dont have as much left over fabric as I thought I would have, not enough for it to look silly. OH is 6'3 with a slim to medium build but not an ounze of fat on him and its fine for him I wouldnt have got anything shorter as it would be too short for someone his height

Hmh, OH is 6ft3 also... I'm so confused! Are there wrap shops where we can try them on? :lol:

Find a wrap meet :) Best way to go try a few lengths and see!

I could send you one of my 4.6 ellaroo's if you don't mind paying postage back xD :rofl:

Aww, that would be LOVELY if you don't mind, LB? :D:D

Of course not :D well I'm not gonna be using all 5 at the same time :rofl: PM me your addy and I'll get it in the post to you tomorrow ^_^ x

ok i'm sooooo confuzzled.......i've just been on another forum and i was told to get a 6 ?!?!?! now i'm a size 12 ish on top at the moment ......sooo confused!!! what do i get...where do i look for a nice woven starter wrap??? Moby is starting to sag and cant use my puch and RS for more than an hour or so at most ?????

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

PS sorry to Hijack!! :kiss:

a 6?!!!! I think you'd be fine with a 4.6 :lol:

Ellaroo's are going cheap on sasa slings at the moment I think :flower:

xxx

I would go for a 4. Something if I were you because any longer you will have loads of fabric left! Have a look on nm they have lovely preloved ones! That's where I got mine x

I wouldnt have thought you would need anything longer than the 5.2, infact I didnt know anywhere made longer than 5.2.
I think its if you are over 13stone, have massive boobs or over 5'10 they recommend a 5.2, if anything else then a 4.6 is fine.
I have the 5.2 because OH needs it being tall :)

Oh and I have an ellaroo, pretty and lovely :) Got it second hand for not too much as well!

thanks everyone....i thought that!!!! i can see myself wrapping over and over again just to use up the extra fabric!!!! I've already looked on NM and theres nothing much that takes my fancy at the mo...off to look at sasa :D

OOOOOH pretty Ellaroo in Melon only £38!!! me neeeeeds !!! lol ...how can i pursuade OH ???

buy it and offer him some bedroom action later on ...that works....

though I should add I can do that one and he refuses because hes scared of me falling pregnant again ROFL, he knows Im cock eyed broody crazy lady at the mo and so I think hes terrified of touching me and will just let me by whatever the hell I want as long as I dont start talking about another baby....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->