• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wtt #1 in Dec/Jan

Aww that's an interesting dream!

We plan to NTNP in January 2015. My OB thinks I'll prob conceive pretty quickly so we'll see! You raise a good point in possibly having a Oct. or even a Dec. baby. Where I live it can get pretty hot in the summer but not REALLY bad so I think I'll survive. I'm usually cold anyways lol.

How has everyone's week been? I went for lunch with a colleague today who confided that she is trying to conceive and will be starting her first round of Clomid next week. It was so nice to have someone in real life to talk to about trying to conceive! And I'm just thrilled for her...she's 46 and gave up on conceiving a few years ago, but has recently found her motivation again. It's interesting how unique the road to babies is for every woman and every couple.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Unfortunately mine will be filled with boxes and packaging tape. We move on Tuesday, can't wait to get settled.

Leggerio, I totally agree about it bring nice to have someone to talk about ttc with someone in real life. Also, I hope your move goes smoothly and you get settled in no time.

Spicy, I'm so sorry about your dream. I know how real they can seem and the disappointment they can bring when you wake to find they aren't real.

Mrs.Hudson, welcome to the Dec/Jan thread!

How's everyone coping at the moment? I thought time was going quite fast but it seems to have stopped. I'm not cooling very well with the wait at the moment, I think it's compounded by the fact I have a job interview Thursday. I don't want a new job I want a baby.(unfortunately a new job would be helpful)

Hi all, hope you're all okay :)

I found out I got the job that I interviewed for last week just before I went to Glastonbury on Weds. A great start to the festival! This is ticking off another thing I had to do ready to ttc in December so now it's just working, a holiday and a marathon to do!

Welcome Mrs Hudson! And spicy I know how you feel about the dream, I have really realistic pregnancy dreams sometimes or that I already have a young baby and I am sooo happy until I realise it's a dream, then it's so disappointing. Good luck for your interview :D

Today I am still pretty tired from Glastonbury so I am eating Chinese food and ice cream while catching up on big brother and the festival highlights. And of course tackling the mountain of mine and OHs filthy clothes! On the second load and still got at least 3 to go!

Congrats on the job Jaspie! I'm doing pretty well on the wait. Right now, my focus is on getting a second job to save for the move and get out of here. DH I think is getting antsy. He is making comments about how he can't wait to see me with a big ol belly and is trying to already teach our fur baby she can't jump on my stomach. The other day he pulled out just to almost stick it back in to continue. He is super exited about not having to pull out soon and really wants to not pull out now. I know we absolutely have to wait at least until we are moved, so at the moment I'm having to be the one to keep firm. I'm super exited he's so excited, I just have to keep my head on my shoulders a wee bit longer.

Edited for auto correct typos

That's so lovely that your OH is so on board with your TTC plans Mrs. Gj. Isn't it so encouraging? I love it when my OH shows his enthusiasm like that too...at the same time, it somehow makes it even more difficult to have to wait!

Congrats on the job Jaspie. And how did your interview go today, spicy?

We've just finished our move and still unpacking. Our new place is so lovely. Tiny, but beautiful. I'm already day dreaming about where we might keep the crib. :)

I'm coping well with the wait right now - I think because Im distracted by moving and the novelty of a new neighbourhood. I also tend to forget how far away December really is sometimes...

My interview went ok I think, got to wait a while to see though.congrats the move.

Sorry I have been gone so long. We finally moved to Chicago last month. It took forever to get internet set up. Still on the hunt for a job :(

Since moving here, my baby fever has been nuts. It's pretty much all I can think about! If I get a job sometime this month, we are planning to start TTC in January.

I'm shattered after a busy weekend away seeing family, I realised today how old and fragile my grandparents are getting, I'd love for them to be great grandparents and meet or children, my Nan is pretty frail and my grandad has Alzheimer's so that's the very real possibility my children might not know their great grandparents, I feel very privileged that I met my great granddad I really hope my kids get that chance and remember it as well. Another reason to ttc soon. I also realised that I miss my family. No plans to move our anything but I wish they were nearer #feelinghomesick

I'm shattered after a busy weekend away seeing family, I realised today how old and fragile my grandparents are getting, I'd love for them to be great grandparents and meet or children, my Nan is pretty frail and my grandad has Alzheimer's so that's the very real possibility my children might not know their great grandparents, I feel very privileged that I met my great granddad I really hope my kids get that chance and remember it as well. Another reason to ttc soon. I also realised that I miss my family. No plans to move our anything but I wish they were nearer #feelinghomesick

My dad has MS so I hope to have children before he eventually passes away.

Sorry to hear that tverb, I realised my post sounds a little selfish I'm sorry.

Hi girls, all is good over here. I start new job on Monday and so am enjoying this last week of unemployment.
Now that I have a job I am finding it hard not to ask OH (again! ) to consider moving ttc forward. I don't want to nag him but it seems like we are waiting for the sake of it now. With us both working we will be able to sort out his credit card debt asap. It's silly cos I keep thinking oh what's 4 months let's just start now, but he thinks of it as it's only 4 months it'll be here quickly. So I am likely not even going to mention it as he will say I am nagging which in fairness I suppose I am. Why is waiting to try such a rollercoaster?!

Congrats on the move apreslaube!

How is everyone?

Have you checked out the mat leave rules? Some places have a min term before you qualify for any extra benefit above stat.

Have you checked out the mat leave rules? Some places have a min term before you qualify for any extra benefit above stat.

Yes it's the 26 weeks’ continuous service at the end of the 15th week before the edd. So I potentially could get pregnant at the end of next week after my first week and still be covered. Not that there's any chance of that!

Sticking with December date means I'll have at least 12 months continuous service which means better benefits but only if I am definitely coming back to work after maternity and at the moment I don't plan to. Otherwise I would have to repay any maternity leave already paid and don't want to be in that position. If not planning on returning to work the benefits are the same as the 26 weeks service by 15th week before edd.
Things can change I guess but at the moment the extra benefits are not relevant so it's not something we'd plan around.

What are the maternity leave rules like at your job spicy?

I'd only get statutory because I'm a contractor, I'm desperately trying to get a permanent position so that I'd get full pay for 26 weeks but is not happening at the moment and iv been trying for years so we have decided to ttc in December even if I don't get the mat leave, and could lose my job altogether. I'll have to go back after 9 months, (if I have a job to go back to) we can't afford not to, if I did get a permanent I could take a year off.
If I did get a permanent position I only have to be in the job 1 week before I get pregnant to qualify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->