wtt #1 in Dec/Jan

Yea money but i am positive as we are saving like crazy now to get things done by end of year.

Brilliant news! Just keep your goal in mind and you can do it!

Thanks! I know then i will be so proud of myself

That's good news Miss N8, happy for you. :)

I'm having one of those (rare for me) days when I'm feeling a mixture of panic and uncertainty at the thought of TTC, let alone parenting a child. Sometimes I really feel like I am not at all prepared for pregnancy, that there's no way I'll be able to power through the birthing process, and absolutely NO WAY I have the strength or knowledge to actually care for a tiny human being. I worry suddenly about the strain a baby could have on my relationship with OH, and even my dog and how he will adjust to having so little of my attention! I worry about every little thing, from money to baby-led weaning for goodnessakes. I know I'm just being crazy and need to snap out of it. Most days, I'm itching with impatience for this new adventure, but every once in a while I just get so scared. Like today. Just had to get it off my chest!

I think that's natural Leggiero. It's such a huge, life changing thing and such a massive responsibility. I also worry about these things. Especially the responsibility of caring for such a tiny human being and bringing them up to be a good person. Also I sometimes worry about the effect it will have on our relationship. Everything is good, we have our life together, our routines, our normality and its scary to think how much it will all change and how we will cope. But it's also so exciting to embark on this journey together and make our new life, routines and normality!
I'm sure everything will be just fine though, as women it's what our bodies are destined to do and it knows what to do even if we don't! Everything else is a learning curve that every parent in the world has to go through and it's such a huge deal that it would be strange not to be a bit scared along with the excitement!
Happy Friday ladies! I finish my first week in new job today and am enjoying having the first Friday feeling in a while!

Thanks so much Jaspie, the feeling has passed today. You're right, it is natural to feel apprehensive, I just have to remember that.

Sounds like the first week in your new job went pretty well. Happy Friday to you too!! Im so glad it's the weekend...OH and I are having a date night tomorrow and watching a fireworks show. Can't wait. Hope you girls all have a lovely weekend.

Hi

I'm in New Zealand. It's weird to find myself on this forum. I was always so sure I never wanted children and then BOOM! just all of a sudden I went baby crazy! I'm getting married in Nov to my partner, we have been together 10 years. We are going to go off b/c just before the wedding. I'm 31 and feel a bit freaked out that I'm to old or have left it to late! I'm worried how long it might take, Nov/Dec feels so far away, but I know it makes sense to wait so I can enjoy our wedding.

The majority of my friends are my age and childless, in fact a lot of them are anti children, so I fear I'm going to lose quite a few friends and end up isolated. I think some of my friends might feel betrayed by my change of mind re children, although my partner tells me we will make friends with other people during the process, like antenatal classes etc

Its nice to know other people are in a similar situation as me!

I'm trying to make the time pass by enjoying things I won't be able to do when pregnant, like eat ALL THE SOFT CHEESE!!

A girl after my own heart! I love soft cheese and am having stuffed mushrooms for tea tonight, some stuffed with pate and some stuffed with brie, neither of which I should eat when pregnant. Yummy.
Welcoooome :)

Ps. 31 is certainly not leaving it too late! My mum had me at 33 and my bro at 35 and she had no issues. Every mother that I work with was at least 33 when they had their first too.

Thanks for the welcome Jaspie, and the reassurance about my age! Sometimes you read so much stuff online about age and quality of eggs etc you can end up freaking yourself out! (so much contradictory info out there too!)

But thank goodness for the internet, because without it I would have no one to discuss all this WTT stuff with! I'm so glad I found this site, before I did I had no idea that WTT was even a thing :happydance:

I know what you mean, i always worry about possible issues despite having no real reason too other than the fact I have never been pregnant....which is because I've always prevented it....duh!! Wtt screws with our heads!

I am also a bit worried about losing friends! I don't think I'll lose them but I will miss out on stuff as my best friends neither have or want children anytime soon! And we do a lot of stuff together so we will miss out on weekends away and stuff but I know they'll still be there :) plus as you say, we will make new friends too!

Hi guys I'm back from holiday, missed you. Dh is getting excited about ttc and so am I, time is going pretty quickly. I'm so excited.

Glad to see you back spicy! Did you have a good holiday? Time is going quickly isn't it! My ticker will be down to 3 months in a few days :o ok so it will be 3 months and some weeks but still! Only 32 day til my holiday too :) I love a countdown ha! How long til your sept holiday spicy? We go 30th aug-14 sep. I can't wait!

We are doing something every month from now til Dec too, sep holiday, mid Oct weekend away with friends for his 30th bday, Dublin at end of Oct for marathon, possibly a weekend in Budapest in Nov for my other friends birthday and then OH is talking about is going to the Christmas markets in Belgium for a long weekend in Dec. Looks like we could be ttc in Belgium if we end up going! Would be sooo romantic and christmassy!

I'm going to try for TTC #1 in Dec or Jan. I had a miscarriage in 2011 and was unsure about trying again but now I want to because I already feel like time is running out. I am turning 31 in September.

Wow jaspie you are a busy lady the next few months. Lucky you. We have booked a short break in November. Welcome back spicy missed you too hope you had a lovely break and that's great about your husband getting excited. Welcome newcomers glad to have you join. 31 is still young to ttc women are ttc in their forties these days. I am in my 30s too but I do get what you mean something in back of my mind worries too but try not to stress yet.

Glad to see you back spicy! Did you have a good holiday? Time is going quickly isn't it! My ticker will be down to 3 months in a few days :o ok so it will be 3 months and some weeks but still! Only 32 day til my holiday too :) I love a countdown ha! How long til your sept holiday spicy? We go 30th aug-14 sep. I can't wait!

We are doing something every month from now til Dec too, sep holiday, mid Oct weekend away with friends for his 30th bday, Dublin at end of Oct for marathon, possibly a weekend in Budapest in Nov for my other friends birthday and then OH is talking about is going to the Christmas markets in Belgium for a long weekend in Dec. Looks like we could be ttc in Belgium if we end up going! Would be sooo romantic and christmassy!

Wow that's busy! Holiday was so much fun, back to earth with a serious bump today, we go on the 6th Sept so not to long to wait.

Welcome back spicy, we missed you! And welcome to you too, Kiwi and DisneyMom.

I'm so jealous of all your travels, I don't have enough vacation time to do much of anything. Luckily the summers in my city are lovely, and I don't mind being a tourist in my own town on the weekends.

TTC is not too far off now!!!! High fives all around. ;)

Hi five!!! Celebrations today ladies, ticker is down to 3 months! (Let's ignore those pesky weeks ;)) It is getting really exciting now, it's autumn next month :)

Welcome Disneymum :D

Leggiero i would love to go to Canada sooo much! You get real seasons there don't you? (I'm a bit of a weather geek!)

How's everyone doing? I'm really excited that summer is nearly over (sorry to wish summer away!) And can't believe that next time summer comes around we could (fingers crossed) be pregnant!

Hi five!!! Celebrations today ladies, ticker is down to 3 months! (Let's ignore those pesky weeks ;)) It is getting really exciting now, it's autumn next month :)

Welcome Disneymum :D

Leggiero i would love to go to Canada sooo much! You get real seasons there don't you? (I'm a bit of a weather geek!)

How's everyone doing? I'm really excited that summer is nearly over (sorry to wish summer away!) And can't believe that next time summer comes around we could (fingers crossed) be pregnant!

A massive thing for me has been thinking that the holiday I just had , which is a special holiday we have every year at the same time, I will be (hopefully heavily) pregnant. This year it was like a cute secret we had occasionally saying to each other things I won't be able to do at it next year.

I just downloaded a counter app onto my phone. It feels good to watch the number get smaller every day!
I wish I could go on holiday too. Although the days here are getting longer, so I'm also counting down to spring (I'm so over getting up when its dark and getting out of work when its dark!)

In some ways I think I'm lucky I'm so busy all the time, it helps make the wait feel shorter, although I also think I should try to fit a holiday in sometime before I ttc. I like the idea of being a tourist in your own city, so often you never get around to doing all the cool stuff your home has on offer

I'm also glad to see there are others out there ttc in there 30s. Solidarity!

Hope everyone else is doing well and feel like time is going quickly.

Oh, also I was going to ask if anyone has read any good articles on ttc or pregnancy? I see a few books come in though my work, but I don't want my work mates to see me checking this stuff out just yet!! So maybe closer to ttc I might buy a book, one that answers all the questions you could possibly think of and that maybe covers ttc, pregnancy and what to do with a newborn (cause that terrifies me tbh, like I've only ever really dealt with babies that are 8 months old and you know, reasonably solid and sturdy haha)

I'm hoping it all just comes natural and my mum will be there for me when I don't know what to do haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->