WTT 2017 - Anyone else?

Hi !

Kyla's baby I remember seeing you on the forum when you were expecting last time with your little girl :) I had my boy around the same time :)

I'm looking to Ttc next year too - originally we were talking about sept but now are going to be potentially looking at end of Jan as earliest ! It will be a small age gap for me if we are lucky enough to fall again around that time but who knows As dd was conceived first cycle but my son took 16 months !

You mention above swaying for a girl ... What is your plan for that ? I just put a post up about that as id love another girl ! X

Hey! Nice to see someone with a baby the same age as mine. Well, they're not really babies anymore :(. It won't be such a small gap. A January conception would be an October birth which is an over 2 year gap.

Going to do the same things I did to conceive DD. We use a donor and got donations 7 and 5 days before I ovulated. I ovulated late. This time we're going to try 6 and 4 days before O. No caffeine no adding salt to anything. LOTS of calcium! I took a calcium and magnesium supplement in addition to lots of milk and yogurt. No breakfast. I would add those packets of like pink lemonade to my water. I believe it's the aspertame that helps. Cranberry supplements and cranberry juice.

Read up on negative ions. And girl sway essential oils.
Look up the Brazilian gender chart. Basically two evens or odds is a girl an even and odd a boy. You take your age at conception and the number of the month. So for DD I was 25 and she was conceived in November (11). Both odd so girl. In January I will be 27 and the month is 1 so both odd which says a girl.

Also look up the Chinese gender chart. But it's has to be adjusted for your lunar age. I use the one at Chinese gender chart(.) info. No spaces.

But if it's wrong for you find one that's right for your daughter and do whatever you did when you conceived her. Or find one that's right for your son and do the opposite.

I also avoided boy foods. Such as potatoes, bananas, apples, nuts especially almonds, and such. And Google search can give you a list.

I wore a Rose quartz bracelet and used a lot of lavendar.

And believe it or not the things I did are swaying light. It can get very strict with a lot of things. But I don't want to get too crazy about it.

What month would you like me to put you down for?

Wow ! That's a lot of info there - I'm glad I asked you !! I will def do at least some of those things !

I won't be sad if I have a boy - then my 2 youngest will be same sex but I'd love to have girl boy girl :)

2 year age gap is small for me ! Having 3.5 years between 1st two . Earliest due date I want is late Nov as I have to be a brides maid at a wedding on 3rd August in Italy so o don't want to be too pregnant there ! X

Oh goodness so that seems earliest would be late February/March?

Yeah it's a lot of info even with the light swaying. It gets a lot more hardcore with what they call the 7 sway factors but it's so much and strict and I don't want to get too uptight about it. I'll just do what I did to make DD and hope it results in DD2.

I think I worked out that first cycle I could try , would start beginning of Feb . That might be pushing it a little but I'll just deal with it if I fall straight away ! My best friend knows we are hoping to have a 3rd- she just would prefer me to wait till she's married so we can have it together !

I think if I went too hardcore , trying to sway , it would be a bit too disappointing if I didn't have a girl . And I'd almost feel guilty for the boy ! So I will try and keep it very casual !

Def more concerned about having a baby full stop rather than making sure it's a girl .

its so exciting ! Are working still ? I left my job in March ( didn't return after maternity leave ) and I am about to start a degree in teacher training so will be having 3rd while I'm doing that . It's part time though and I think will be manageable ! Xx

Same here. If I did the really hardcore swaying I think I'd have pretty bad gender disappointment. And it's like a full time job all the stuff you have to do. No thanks.

I do work. But I left my nanny job when I was pregnant and work in my mothers home daycare now so I have brought DD with me since I went back at 6 weeks. So I'll just bring the next with me too lol. Though my mother did say I need to have another summer one because that's when my dad is home (he is licensed too) so he can help her. But that's not in our plan and now she's made me feel bad. But I've worked out that as long as she doesn't accept any new babies before that time (which we have no openings until at least mid next year anyway) that she should legally have them herself while I'm out o maternity leave. So should work out.

I have my degree in criminal justice. Haven't used it yet. Probably won't. All that student loan debt for nothing lol

Wow that's alot of swaying info! It's interesting actually the Brazilian chart worked out for me having a boy. Plus I was eating alot of bananas almonds and Brazil nuts at the time? Hmmm!

I've decided not to go back after my maternity leave either, it was a tough decision but I couldn't leave my baby for such a long day, you're lucky you can bring her to work with you!

What job did you have sunnydee?

I worked part time after my first - however I knew I didn't want to stay there long term but as I wanted a second , I thought I would stay there so I would be entitled to maternity pay (Uk) but it took 16 months to conceive my son so I was there a year longer than I planned !

I'm going to have to look into these charts etc and see if they match up for my son and daughter x

Yes I am very lucky I can bring dd to work with me. And not have to pay for her haha. I pretty much get paid to take care of my own kid lol. It's actually really tough with dd and all the other kids. She's still little and fussy and gets jealous very easily. So she's usually hanging off of me while I take care of all the others too. It's challenging. So many times I have wished I could send her somewhere for the day! But if I ever have to do anything it's my mom who watches her. So I can't exactly send her to my moms during the day so I can have a break as I work with my mother lol. She was such a hard baby and is a challenging toddler. She's still little though. And her one hear molars and canines are coming in so she's sore. And learning to deal with her toddler emotions lol. But at least she doesn't scream 24/7 like the first 6 months of her life! I think if I'd have stayed home with her myself (I only worked 3 days a week until she was 10ish months) all week I'd have gone insane.

Someone mentioned to me the other day that because we are moving to another state since we bought the house (20 mins from where my parents are so maybe 25/30 minutes from where we currently live) that I would need to find a local babysitter. Ummmm no. I just won't trust anyone. And I know that's weird since my livelihood depends on other people trusting me with their kids, but I just can't do it. Even the thought of her going to school or sleepovers one day scared the you know what out of me :(

I know how you feel about not trusting anyone . I was the same with my daughter ; more relaxed now though !

I just noticed our kids have the same birthday ! My son Callum was born on 30th July too. :)

The way I make money now is by hosting French students in my home for 3/4 night and I feed them ! It replaces the money I got from working and I enjoy it but it's not constant - has periods when none come and then has a busy season where it's every week !

Maybe it's because she has mspi and had serious reflux as a baby. I had to be more protective over her, even still now, because people try to give her things she can't eat. My own family even. My mom is the only one who really saw her just cry and cry and cry for hours so she's not about to give her something that she can't have because she knows what will happen. Or maybe I'm a control freak. Who knows haha.

Aw that's awesome they have the same birthday! Ashlyn was due August 5th, but I was induced a week early due to high BP and 25 hours later out she came....no Bueno lol. Is he a little spitfire too? I swear Ashlyn lives up to the Leo. Stubborn, always on the go. Oh man lol

That's good you've found a way to make some money in your home. I couldn't do it. I don't like anyone, especially people I don't know, invading my space haha. My mother always says I have a bubble. I will feel bad when we have a second though and I'm taking 2 spots in my mother's daycare without paying for either. And still paying me....so might let her take something off my paycheck for it, but depends on how things go with the house. We close very soon so we will need to figure out all the new bills and everything and what we have left over first.

I definitely think if there is a #3 that it'll wait until dd is in school so I'm not taking 3 spots! Or that's when I start my own daycare, but the rules for the state were moving and here for daycare are different. Here you can have 3 under 15 months. Where were moving you can only have 2 under 2 years! So my kids would take those spots and that age is what people need. It's weird.

Callum is actually a pretty calm, easy going kid ! I don't know if that is a little influenced by the fact he is our second so has to be easy going to an extent as we already had a tight schedule to keep to with our little girl's activities .

Evie starts school next month , I think we start earlier here (age 4) than in the states .

Here , child minders in the UK can have only 1 child under 1 year old and total of under 3 years old .

You know I said that to begin with ! I had a flyer through the door saying I could make money out of spare room and I was really hesitant but it was great money so I tried it and made it clear it was only a trial.

I was expecting them to be in my living area etc but actually all they do is stay in their room. I call them to come eat dinner and try to chat to them ( some are more forthcoming with that than others ) and then they go back into their room and I call them again at breakfast ! It's also good as they are out all day 8am -7pm so no loitering in my house in the day as they are with their teachers on trips :)

It's so fab your mum is happy to help in this way and can have your baby with you at work - perfect ! X

So we just went to a family get together and I broke down in front of my SIL. My husband, her brother, was playing with his 18 month old nephew and laughing and enjoying his self. Then his nephew ran to get something and ran back to climb in his lap and snuggle with him for about a good hour and more not wanting to be moved or leave.

I started crying silent trying to keep it together, I didn't want to create a scene but SIL saw it and started talking to me about it. we went over the basics, "It's okay enjoy the time you have together now, your in the honeymoon state ride that out, your still young enjoy it!" all the same old stuff I always hear and frankly I'm sick of hear it. I just saw what i knew and always knew would be, my husband being a great father and something I've wanted so bad for so long and it hurt that I wouldn't seen that come to reality for a long time. He's talking about waiting a year or more, and I'm starting to think maybe I should just come to terms that he might be happier NOT having kids.

Now I don't know if I can bear it again if I see it and the longing and hurt, if I can keep the brave face or if I'll break down again. I don't want to be the person at the gatherings that is always going to end up crying when i see him interacting with his nieces and nephew. I don't want to be that downer, I want them to be happy to have me around and enjoy my company. It's hard and I've tried talking to my husband about it and i get the same thing, wait...wait to try maybe a year maybe more.

Some days I can deal with it, and other days I find myself hiding in the shower crying. I just need a few helpful suggestions and trying to let it go so I can move on and NOT be consumed by this in my life. I'd really hate for this to continue to grow and end up creating resentment in my marriage. I hope you all are having it better than I at the waiting game and having better days.

fuschia - so wish mine was calm haha. She's something. That's great they don't spent too much time outside their room. Seems like a good arrangement!

Canadian - *hugs* sorry you're having a hard time waiting. Has your husband said hat heoe Any want kids? Or he just doesn't want them right now? Have you tried telling him how you're feeling about it? It will definitely create resentment in the marriage if you desperately want kids and he doesn't. That's kind of a deal breaker....

If you haven't already definitely have a sit down and explain to your husband how you're feeling. If it's just a matter of waiting or a matter of never.

Do you have any things you want to work on? Like projects around the house or losing weight or a job or anything that would keep you busy and give you something to focus on? When I was WTT my first u had a MMC and needed surgery. Then I spent a few months losing weight so I was very focused on that and didn't focus so much on the WTT aspect. Then when it was time to try I conceived right away as I was very healthy and fit, etc.

What job did you have sunnydee?

I worked part time after my first - however I knew I didn't want to stay there long term but as I wanted a second , I thought I would stay there so I would be entitled to maternity pay (Uk) but it took 16 months to conceive my son so I was there a year longer than I planned !

I'm going to have to look into these charts etc and see if they match up for my son and daughter x

I worked in the financial industry so nothing that I was too passionate about! I was thinking about looking for something part time so that I can get maternity pay for the next time too, or if possible try and find something I can do from home but I'm having trouble getting motivated!
I'm also worried it will take a long time to conceive as it was about 18 months for #1
I'll see how we manage on just my husband's wage for a few months anyway.

Yes we have talked about the WTT and I realize that it may seem like he made this decision on his own but we both agreed it would be best to actually try and conceive when i got my medicare worked out and i was covered financially by his plan.

He also knows how I feel as we have talked about this many times, and he knows I wants kids. he said "If you had asked me 2 years ago if I ever wanted kids I would have said no, but now I'm more than willing to try and more interested in being a father." So it's not that he isn't willing it's more he wants to make sure we won't run into complications because I'm American in Canada and the whole medical coverage thing.

We did just get a new town house and i have projects all over it to make it better so there's that but still those days when I'm reminded is tough. And his whole family are so sweet and understanding and supportive. I've very blessed and love and i think that's why sometimes it's so hard. I've have a very rough, ignored and abused childhood/past relationships so when your treated with love and kindness it tends to make you cry from joy and disbelief. "I can't believe how lucky I am! I can't believe how loved I am, I'm so happy and grateful!

LOL hopefully one day it will settle in and I will stop getting emotional but till then I'm going to do my best to be brave and patient. Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions, I truly do appreciate them :D

Hey all! How's everyone doing?

Temping isn't going so great here. I just can't sleep until 6 every day. I'm worried if I set an alarm for any earlier I won't be able to get back to sleep :/. So there's that. Started with the OPKs, but I drink a LOT of water so my urine is always extremely diluted. So there's that too lol

Waiting to hear back from the appraiser for our new place sometime next week. Then we will get serious about packing and starting to buy for the new house and everything.

My toddler is driving me absolutely mental haha. She's the sweetest thing when she wants to be! Always coming for a cuddle and kissing her toys and hugging her friends. She says please and thank you religiously! But dammit if she doesn't have my temper lol. I at least waited until I was older to develop it. Anytime she doesn't get her way watch out. And she's fighting sleep hardcore now. Naps and nighttime. I think she has molars coming in too so she's a little better when she's had Advil. We're also stopping dairy again (she has cow milk/soy protein intolerance) to see if that helps and maybe she's still not ready for it. Takes 2 weeks for the proteins to get out of her system and we just stopped.

Oh so this morning Oh comes down with a grin on her face and asks if I have something to tell her. I hadn't the foggiest idea what she was talking about. She goes "there's pregnancy tests in the bathroom" Oooh no there isn't. Those are ovulation tests! Haha. I asked her if she reall thought I'd go and do that myself and she said maybe it was a birthday surprise (her birthday is Wednesday)!!! Hahaha I was dying. I would never go meet up with our donor without telling her and discussing it with her and us both being ready and planning for it! But good to know she's ready for #2 now. :)

Hi guys!

How has everyone been doing? I've been a lurker for a while now (really enjoyed reading this topic!) and today finally decided it was time to say hello :hi:

I've been having the baby fever for a while now (feels like a gazillion years, haha), but my OH and I have always been more on the 'safe' side, so we wanted to finish our degrees first, get jobs and move to our own place.

We've been together for 10 years (we're both 27), and we've been ready for a baby for a while now, but we were waiting for everything to fall in place. We both finished our degrees, got jobs, but, of course, there are always new obstacles. We are in the process of fully renovating our home - we basically ripped everything down to the foundation, and are slowly building it back. We're pretty sure we'll be moving back in around March.

Another thing is that I decided I wanted to take my bar exam (I'm a law graduate) before we have kids. I'm not sure how the process of this is in the English speaking countries, but where I live, we basically have to shut ourselves in our homes for 6 months and study to death (okay, perhaps I'm exaggerating a bit about the death part). I'm in the middle of this process right now and iiiif everything goes as planned (and I don't fail the exam :wacko: ), I hope to be done with all of this in February or March the latest.

The problem is that I'm having a hard time studying since I am (well, both of us are!) soooo broody :wacko: It's especially hard since my best friend is expecting a baby boy in December, and my SIL just found out she is pregnant with twins! I figured this forum would help me wait for when we finally get the chance to TTC.

Do you all use OPK's or some other sort of way to figure out when you are ovulating? I was planning for my OH and I just to have sex every day several times from the 9th to the 22nd day of my cycle :haha: Maybe I'll rethink that when the time comes.

Anyway, I was hoping we would be TTC :baby: #1 in August 2017, as I would really like for the baby to be born in May.

I don't think we'll be gender swaying as we really don't have any real preferences. I would be really thrilled if our first baby was a boy (I had an older brother and it seems the perfect situation to me!), but I would be more than thrilled either way!

Nice to meet all of you and I can't wait to talk to you more :flower:

Hi ladies, can I join? I've got babyfever again (I keep dreaming about getting a :bfp:) and hubby is good to go with #3! Put May 2017 since our other two will be turning 4 and 1, but we're going to play it by ear. And I'm going to try to sway for a :pink:, but will love another :blue: to steal my heart again as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->