WTT 2017 - Anyone else?

Hi ladies! Hubs and I are planning to try for our first next year. We probably won't start until the middle of the year or so, we want to plan it around my little brother's wedding in September.

Welcome!!

So do you ladies think I should put us and our target WTT dates on the front page? Keep track of us all so to speak?

What are your reasons for waiting? We have a newly turned one year old DD :(. Getting so big! I work in a home daycare and personally I didn't want 2 under 2 after just seeing how all the ages and dynamics and such work. She will be almost 18 months when we try so if it works the first time there will be a couple months over a 2 year age gap. Aiming for an October baby. And a little sister for DD :). I also want to lose some more weight first. I've lost my pregnancy weight, but is like to lose at least 20 more pounds.

sunnydee - I'm not sure honestly. It was a while ago that idiot out "boy" foods but I want to say bananas and potatoes were in there. If you google ttc boy sway you'll get so much info! I've decided I'm going to pink away again with #2 and if it works and there's a #3 I'll leave that to chance. If it isn't a successful away then I'll pink away again with #3. I really want DD to have a sister! And I want another girl haha

Yeah I don't really mind either way but I'd love my DS to have a brother! I grew up with all brothers. I just had a quick Google, bananas potatoes meat and wholegrain. And apparently if you eat breakfast everyday you're more likely to have a boy!
Yes you can add me to the list, my date will be Feb 2017, 6 months and counting!

Exactly I want DD to have a sister. I had a brother growing up. He's 2 years younger. We've never had anything in common and have never been close. At least with 2 of the same sex they have gender in common haha.

I'm trying to think back to fall 2014. DD was conceived from a cycle starting in October. I ate breakfast everyday. Usually high protein with eggs as I was on a diet. Had just lost 40lbs. Apparently that sways pink too. The idea is boys are more sensitive so the more nutrients and calories and vitamins you get the better environment you make for a boy. Whereas a girl is heartier and can take more so the less calories and vitamins sways pink. I think what affects it major is vaginal PH so I took cranberry supplements and drank the stuff all damn day haha. Had no cm when we got our donations and was 7 and 5 days from O and it still worked!

If everyone here could comment when you're waiting to ttc and what number you'll be trying for I'll update the first page!

We've got a small list of things we'd like to accomplish before having a baby, so I'm not sure when we would be on the list. We'd like to sell our current house and buy a new one in Colorado. Hubs would also like a better job. He's getting offers pretty often, which is exciting, we are just waiting for the right offer.
Also, my little brother is getting married next September, and its a child-free event. My future SIL said the only person allowed to have a kid there would be me, but I don't want to be that person, especially since it is a huge point of contention with my evil step grandmother. With all that in mind, maybe throw me on the list for mid 2017?

As for what gender I want to have first, up until about 6 months ago, I was set on having a boy first. But after all of my college friends got pregnant with boys, I started thinking about how a girl first would be nice. I know I will be happy about whatever we have, but it would be fun to spoil a little girl with all sorts of cute baby clothes. My Pinterest is literally filled with them. Our child will be the first grandchild for both mine and his family, so he/she will most definitely be a little spoiled.

Do you guys have names picked out already?

I've updated the front page for those that have commented since I asked. Anyone else who is active in this thread and wants to be put on th front page please tell me what number you are wtt for and when you are planning to TTC.

DD is the first grand and great grand child, so definitely spoiled. If you want any pink sway tips just let me know ;)

We have names. For a girl Alexis Skye. We will call her Lexi. For a boy we haven't discussed recently haha. It's going to be another girl! But I think last we discussed was Austin. But it's been a while for a boys name so who knows. DD had about 3 names before she became what we named her so it can always change.

Awwww that is an adorable name! Are you guys trying to stick with an "A" theme, or is it just coincidental?

The girl name is accidental. OH wants Lexi, but I don't like that as a full name, but a nickname. Alexandra doesn't go woth Dd's name, Ashlyn, I feel it's too proper. Alexis can have Lexi as a nickname and it goes better with Ashlyn. Not name names can have Lexi as a nickname.

Austin was a coincidence. I don't think that name will stay, but doesn't matter since it'll be a girl anyway ;)

Can you please add me to the front page? Trying for #2 in January!!

My reason for waiting is to get as much maternity leave as possible. I will finish my year at home with Thomas in January and then will need another 600 hours of work before I qualify for another year of maternity leave...which I will be accruing while pregnant with #2 if things go as planned.

No gender swaying here, we will leave it to fate but I have a feeling we'll end up with another boy - I would be happy with either!

For a boy we've chosen the name Zachary so that is settled. If we end up with a girl it will be trickier because DH seriously doesn't like any girl names! I really like Liana but DH can't stand it, bah. The only girl names he is sort of on board with are Charis/Karis and Katelyn.

My goal now is to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by January. I've finally found an eating plan that is working but I've still got a ways to go.

Hey welcome! Will add you. January is only 4.5 months away! Can't believe it.

So we are house hunting now! We currently rent a nice 3 story town house, but not in the best area. Our neighbors light off fireworks. Every. Damn. Night. For months. Finally we kept calling the cops so they don't do it as much anymore. Maybe 1/2x a week, but they're big and loud and aimed right at DDs bedroom bc they're pissed at us for calling the cops on them. He's a 30 something guy with a child. Setting a great example. Kid should be in bed sleeping. Not sure how were the only ones this bothers. And another neighbor blasts music until 10/11/12 at night or until we call the cops. If my headboard is vibrating your music is too loud.

Then there was an incident along the river we walk with some kids trying to run over our dogs tail on their scooters and when we said something the dad told them to run her over...again setting another great example for kids. So we aren't looking anywhere in this city.

We've seen 3 places so far. Loved one but there was an offer put in a day before ours and the owner accepted. Another showing tonight and hopefully tomorrow. Might take a while.

I'm lower than my pre-pregnancy weight. By .4 of a pound haha, but I'm below it. I'd like to lose another 20 before ttc, but I'm so unmotivated. And I had been doing so well with my diet and exercising and wasn't losing anymore so I gave up. Maybe I'll find my motivation again someday.

Oh no that sounds awful no wonder you want to move! We moved to a nice quiet place last year and it's such a relief to be away from noisy neighbors!

Id like to lose about 10 lbs by January but I'm not great at sticking to an exercise routine! If I pay ahead for classes it will make me go though lol its so hard to get motivated!

We have no names in mind, I'm lucky I had a boy since it was the only name we agreed on! I like Lexi, you could also have Alexa with Lexi for short? I like names that are already short cause we have a long surname.

Are you ladies already tracking cycles? I wasn't going to yet but I've been so irregular since stopping breastfeeding I need to try figure out what's happening!

So last night we made an offer on a house and it was accepted! It's all going so far! Seller wants to close by the end of September. So exciting and scary!

I was actually thinking of Alexa the other day. I really do like it!

Motivation is so hard I feel ya! I'm so u motivated. I lost 30lbs and now I can't be bothered lol.

I am tracking tho not by OPKs or bbt yet. I'll be starting bbt next month. OPKs I might not due. I have PCOS and they've never worked for me. It's pretty common for them not to work for PCOS ladies. But I've been having pretty clear O symptoms and cm since I've been taking inositol to regulate things since I don't ovulate on my own.

Oh thats exciting congratulations!
I think I will start bbt next month too, I had a bit of a weird month this month and was over a week late so I don't know if that means I didn't ovulate? Or just ovulated late? I had such regular cycles ttc last time! I've never used OPKS? Seems like it would be expensive!

It could mean a wide range of things - you didn't ovulate, ovulated late, had a longer LP. Sometimes there are reasons sometimes not. Bodies are weird ;)

How's the moving plans going? That's great you have something to keep your mind off WTT! I'm starting to feel like I want to try earlier but that would mean another summer baby and I'm not sure I could handle the heat again, is it enough of a reason to wait?? :-/
I've started temping this cycle anyway so hopefully will be able to determine if I'm ovulating normally again.

It's going haha. Everything is happening really fast as the seller wants to close by the end of September. Had the home inspection Monday. No big issues thankfully, just some little ones. But because of the type of mortgage we had some things with the back deck have to be fixed or they won't give us the mortgage on the house. Shouldn't even cost $200 so the seller should fix them. If she doesn't we look for another house. But it's a cheap fix so don't see why she wouldn't. So just waiting to see if she will or not. Appraisal is being scheduled. Once we know if she will fix things or not we will start packing and buying stuff for the house.

It is keeping me busy that's for sure. AF started yesterday so the vitamins I'm taking to regulate my cycle are working! I don't O or gt AF on my own and I have for 3 cycles now on his stuff! I've lost a bit more weight too so that's good. 15lbs took before I reach my goal. I'm hoping I can do it by January!

Definitely a good reason to wait. It was brutal being 8/9 months pregnant last summer! Brutal! I've started temping too. I've just been having a horrible time sleeping lately so it'll probably be highly inaccurate. I tried some unisom last night. Woke up at 4:30, but I think I went back to sleep lol.

Just a few months away!

Hopefully it will all get sorted so you can start the fun of moving! When we moved last year I was 6 months pregnant and it was so hot it was a nightmare. We had a quick sale too and moved in within 6 weeks of making the offer.

What vitamins do you take to regulate your cycle? Great that it's working!

Yeah I need to keep reminding myself how miserable I was at 9 months in august, a winter baby would be nice! Another reason for me to wait is I'm going away for 6 weeks at xmas and don't want to have any morning sickness or be tired the whole time. Hope that can help me wait for 5 more months!

I'm taking inositol. It's a b vitamin. It's supposedly really helpful in regulating things with PCOS. It's working for me so far. DD I used vitex to regulate things, but it didn't work for me this time when I tried it again. But this stuff does.

When we moved where we are now I was in the first trimester or just out of it. So I didn't have to do any moving haha. It was nice. This time I'll have to do a lot!

I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to be away and dealing with first trimester yuckiness. I'm not looking forward to dealing with that and a little one running around :(

Congrats on the house Kyla, that's so exciting! I wish we could buy one but houses cost like a million dollars here so it's not happening anytime soon. :-(

Not tracking cycles here because I had an iud put in so I have no cycles at the moment. If I'd known how soon we'd be trying I wouldn't have bothered with the thing but when I got it during the sleep deprived newborn phase ttc was the last thing on my mind haha. I plan to get the iud taken out in December and then wait for my period to return. Don't think I'll bother with temping this time as it was a PITA and will just use opk's.

Thanks! It is exciting. And nerve wracking and stressful and scary haha

It's so expensive here too! That's why we moved 15/20 mins to a neighboring state. Things are like $200k cheaper there for the same thing here.

Oooh the sleep deprivation newborn stage. I know it well. Why do we want to do this to ourselves again? Haha

Not sure how temping will go with me. Depends on if DD sleeps till 6 and if I sleep till 6 lol. This am se was up a lot between 5-6 so my temp isn't accurate for today. Just started temping the previous day lol. Oh well. I'm pretty sure I'm Oing due to symptoms, but would be nice to really pin point it. It'll help our pink sway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->