• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

+ WTT baby number 1 +

odd_socks

Long Term WTT
Reaction score
I thought it might be an idea to have a place for all waiting to try'ers for baby number 1. Somewhere to have a rant, or to question, or discuss your hopes and fears :)

ooo cool idea!!
i have to say my biggest fear by far is labor!!! x

yeah same here, im hoping i dont get severe morning sickness either, my mates really suffering with it all day long

one of my friends is suffering really bad with morning sickness as the moment too...but honestly i think i could handle that...i know it will be draining and very annoying but it really is just the labor that terrifies me, im so scared of getting stitches!!

im really looking forward to being pregnant, just feeling the baby kick and growing inside my tummy xx

yeah thats worries me too, ive been told i may need to have c section b/c of my back condition and it scares me but would so be worth it....im looking forward to that too feeling the baby kick for the first time and seeing it on scans :D x

:hi: oh great idea can i join? We were originally planned on TTC in September but it looks like the wait will be much longer now, like probably a year and a half or something due to our jobs :growlmad:

I think the thought of a long wait worries me the most, I'm 27 and this is the age I always thought I'd be poppin' em out by now lol.

Hubby thinks it'll be good opportunity to do all things we wanted to do before having a family, but I can't think of anything I really want to do! it doesn't help that we're skint either!! arghhh

How long have you guys been waiting so far?

hiya fumbles!!
im not really sure how long ive been waiting lol...since i got with my OH 2years ago we have both always known that we wanted a family, is been a bit on/off over the 2years...we thought about ttc while we were both at uni but decided against it and then we were going to ttc as soon as we had finished uni but thats changed too...cause we have now decided to move to (my home) london and try and set up our life there. so hopefully we will be able to ttc in about oct 2012 (well thats my goal anyway).

how long have you been waiting for? xx

:wave:all can I join? Still another 2.5 years to go!:dohh:

My biggest fear is most definitely things not going to 'plan' in labour. Like being rushed off for an emegency c-section or something:(

hello peeps, weirdly enough im not too scared about the labour.. been watching one born every minute and they always say its worse when your anxious or stressed!
but i am really worried about premature labour :( my mum had it constantly and had to keep going into hosp untill they said that at 36 weeks it would be fine.. then he ended up being late!!
also i watched the programme on babies born at 23 weeks, and it was horrible. what a horrible time for everybody involved :(
x

Ive been waiting around 18months but more so the past 12 months, it looks like i have at least another year to wait :( i really wanted to be a mum by 25 and probably wont be till im 28 now :(

Hey all we are trying in June :) My doctor has already kindly informed me that i WILL get really bad morning sickness :thumbup: because of the way i reacted to the pill!! Thats something i've got to look forward to haha :haha: Anyways i'm not worried about labour or anything like that i just keep thinking do we need a few more months??? :shrug: I don't know why tbh maybe slightly money but i already know we're fine and my mum has even said stop worrying :dohh: xxx

great idea odd_socks!
atm i'm nervous about how my ribcage will effect me being pregnant when the time comes. most excited about the bump.
morning sickness is going to suck but itll be worth it to have our lo

I'll join.. wtt for baby #1 in September or October!

Hi girls. I'm going to join you too if you don't mind. I'm really not worried about labour (I just think I'd try to take it as it comes) but am worried about morning sickness. I'm hoping though that I may not suffer as my mum said she wasn't sick with me or my sister, and I'm rarely sick. I can always hope can't I :wacko:

Hi all!
Just thought I'd join you, it'll be a couple years yet. I hope to be at least 25 and pregnant. I've got 3 years so maybe? Haha.

I'm terrified for labour. And I'm a little nervous to feel the baby inside me as strange as that sounds.

I am mostly worried about having a baby that is not healthy....

I am also worried about breastfeeding, I want to do it but it kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies - I am still unsure as to what I will end up doing. Formula or breastfeeding???!!! Breastfeeding seems so complicated and confusing and painful and what about when I go back to work in a few weeks??? So many questions....

As with others I am also nervous about the actual birth.

I also am scared of morning sickness and trying to hide it at work. And getting big fairly fast as I am small framed.

But am so excited for so many other things: buying baby stuff, getting a nursery together and telling my family. And to hold our precious gift from god in our arms. I can't wait to see if our baby resembles me or my hubby! Will our baby have hair??!! Oh I can't wait!!

Oh oh can I join? Add me to the "waiting indefinitely" list, lol! I've been really waiting for about 8 months now... with no end in sight.

I worry mostly about how my body will handle pregnancy. I get 'morning sickness' now as it is, so I already know that's going to be awful. But besdies that... will I have enough energy? Will pregnancy totally just take everything out of me, emotionally and physically? I'm 28 now, and I ALWAYS thought I'd have my first well before 30. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen now... So yeah, I'm really scared of putting my 30 year old body through the stress and rigor of pregnancy. :( Not that that seems to matter to my OH!!

hi everone we will be ttc april 2012. can i join??
my biggest worry is actually ttc. i have a massive fear that we'll have to tryfor ages before we catch an eggy.
but whilst pregnant im not to scared, just more nervous. cant wait to feel quickening, and some might think im crazy but am actually looking forward to th birth (that must my midwife side).
love the idea of this thread!!

hi everone we will be ttc april 2012. can i join??
my biggest worry is actually ttc. i have a massive fear that we'll have to tryfor ages before we catch an eggy.but whilst pregnant im not to scared, just more nervous. cant wait to feel quickening, and some might think im crazy but am actually looking forward to th birth (that must my midwife side).
love the idea of this thread!!

That's my second biggest fear. Plus, the older we get the harder it gets to make that eggy stick!!! :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->