• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

+ WTT baby number 1 +

Everyone in the book! Some of them have been:

Our dog isn't old enough (?!)
We have to pay off our car (another two years :( )
I want to spend more time alone with you
We won't be able to travel back to OH's hometown as often (bc of the extra $$$ with children)
Our kids won't know their grandparents on OH's side (bc they live half way across the country)

It goes on and on....very frusterating and makes me feel like there will always be a "reason"...

Sorry chick, but this made me piss myself laughing!!! WTF??

In all serious, though, I do feel for you :hugs:

To be honest... and you'll probably laugh at me too, but that's okay! Even if DH agreed, I probably would not have had a baby 6 months ago because of the age of our dog! He's an 80 lb. energetic boy, who often forgets his manners (not due to lack of training, just to being young and large). I couldn't imagine having a baby with him and his energy then. He's started calming down now - at a year and a half old, and is learning to at least control his energy. He needs a lot of exercise, which he gets, but am glad we didn't have to go through that crazy stage with a newborn around!

It's my birthday today, I turned 31. I feel old. I thought I'd be done with having babies by now and I haven't even started yet....

It's my birthday today, I turned 31. I feel old. I thought I'd be done with having babies by now and I haven't even started yet....

Happy Birthday

Hunny I am totally with you on this one I turned 31 this week too and I have been depressed ever since, I had always thought I would have a LO by now

But at the same time I am so jealous of you as in 2 months time you will be TTC :happydance: and I still have another 1yr 4mths to WTT

There is always a bright side even though it doesn't seem that way :hugs:

Everyone in the book! Some of them have been:

Our dog isn't old enough (?!)
We have to pay off our car (another two years :( )
I want to spend more time alone with you
We won't be able to travel back to OH's hometown as often (bc of the extra $$$ with children)
Our kids won't know their grandparents on OH's side (bc they live half way across the country)

It goes on and on....very frusterating and makes me feel like there will always be a "reason"...

Sorry chick, but this made me piss myself laughing!!! WTF??

In all serious, though, I do feel for you :hugs:

To be honest... and you'll probably laugh at me too, but that's okay! Even if DH agreed, I probably would not have had a baby 6 months ago because of the age of our dog! He's an 80 lb. energetic boy, who often forgets his manners (not due to lack of training, just to being young and large). I couldn't imagine having a baby with him and his energy then. He's started calming down now - at a year and a half old, and is learning to at least control his energy. He needs a lot of exercise, which he gets, but am glad we didn't have to go through that crazy stage with a newborn around!

OK- makes more sense when you say it like that...! It just sounded so funny :haha:

Happy birthday Snowflakes...

I'm 32, thought I'd have 2 by now, but I don't even have the ring on my finger yet...! OH agreed about a week ago that we can start trying for #1 when we get back from our hol in September this year, which is great, but not sure how we're going to fit that wedding in before then, which we both wanted to do, esp as he won't talk about the whole marriage thing!?!

I'm 34. I didn't think I'd be this old waiting for my first either. It's just how things work out, I just got married.

Happy Birthday

Hunny I am totally with you on this one I turned 31 this week too and I have been depressed ever since, I had always thought I would have a LO by now

But at the same time I am so jealous of you as in 2 months time you will be TTC :happydance: and I still have another 1yr 4mths to WTT

There is always a bright side even though it doesn't seem that way :hugs:

Happy Birthday, Snowflakes! And Happy Belated Birthday Twag! :flower:

I'm only 28 and I REALLY want my first before I'm 30... but with the way things are looking, I don't think that's gonna happen. :nope:

I AM SO BROODY TODAY! I WANT TO SCREAMMMM!

...sigh. It's amazing how it just hits you WHAM out of nowhere. I was doing so well these past few days, too. :(

I AM SO BROODY TODAY! I WANT TO SCREAMMMM!

...sigh. It's amazing how it just hits you WHAM out of nowhere. I was doing so well these past few days, too. :(

I was doing pretty well too, with a Vegas wedding to focus on... being a bridesmaid takes a lot of work, LOL! But now that that's over and we've been home for a few days, my mind is starting to wander back towards thoughts of TTC... sigh. I guess I'll just have to focus on all the :laundry: :dishes: :iron: :hangwashing: I need to get done at home!! :haha:

Haha, yeah. Distractions are good.. Studying has never seemed so appealing. :p

It gets depressing though to think I may have to do this for years (feeling broody but having to just try to distract myself). I sure hope December comes quickly and that DH has a change of heart with his timeline shortly after.. :(

I'm only 18, starting my 3rd year of college in fall (gonna have 5 years under my belt, haha) I have a boyfriend, whom I've been with for 3 years. We love each other a lot, and are going to get married and have kids and all that fun stuff.

I don't want a baby right now, but I can't help but think what it would be like if I did. I know I need to finish school and buy a house and be financially stable and give my kids the best life they could have, but it's just a case of butIwantitnoooww! ;) I've always wanted to be a mommy, since I was a little girl, but it's like why can't I be one now! Hee. Don't worry, no babies for me any time soon, just wishing.

My boyfriend wants to wait longer than I do, I think, but I don't wanna be over 30 by the time I have my first. No offense to anyone out there who is! Nothing wrong with it, just personal preference. I want more kids than he does..well. I think so. When I ask him about it he's like Let's just wait till we have one kid and then we'll talk about more, lol. But he makes sense. He's far more sensible than I am!

I'm only 18, starting my 3rd year of college in fall (gonna have 5 years under my belt, haha) I have a boyfriend, whom I've been with for 3 years. We love each other a lot, and are going to get married and have kids and all that fun stuff.

I don't want a baby right now, but I can't help but think what it would be like if I did. I know I need to finish school and buy a house and be financially stable and give my kids the best life they could have, but it's just a case of butIwantitnoooww! ;) I've always wanted to be a mommy, since I was a little girl, but it's like why can't I be one now! Hee. Don't worry, no babies for me any time soon, just wishing.

My boyfriend wants to wait longer than I do, I think, but I don't wanna be over 30 by the time I have my first. No offense to anyone out there who is! Nothing wrong with it, just personal preference. I want more kids than he does..well. I think so. When I ask him about it he's like Let's just wait till we have one kid and then we'll talk about more, lol. But he makes sense. He's far more sensible than I am!

Nothing wrong with wanting! Sounds like you have a good, smart head on your shoulders. :thumbup: My OH says the same thing when I mention wanting 2-3... "Let's just have one and see how it goes first!" :haha:

Nothing wrong with wanting! Sounds like you have a good, smart head on your shoulders. :thumbup: My OH says the same thing when I mention wanting 2-3... "Let's just have one and see how it goes first!" :haha:

Funny enough my DH and I are opposite. Even though he hardly wants to talk about babies yet, anytime we have he leans toward wanting two, while I'm the one that's thinking "uhhh, let's try one first and see how that goes." hehe.

Part of me would like to give future LO a sibling though since I never had one. I didn't mind being an only child, wasn't lonely or anything like that..though as I get older I think that relationship would be nice. I also think I'm spoiled and have a harder time bending than any of my multi-child friends, and I think having a brother or sister breaks you of this in a way nothing else can. You learn real quick you can't always have your way and that you aren't the most important thing in the whole world. At least this is what I'm told.. :shrug: it's not true for me of course. :rofl:

But on the other hand having only one puts us in a position to provide better (help with/pay for college, travel, expose to a lot of different experiences, etc). We'll see!

Good for you for keeping your priorities in mind and trying to do best for your future LO! Nothing wrong with wanting and thinking about the future though! :) Welcome to the forum!

Speaking of younger WTT'ers, was anyone like me and didn't even want kids before? If you had asked me 3 years ago if I wanted to be a mom, the answer would have been a very adamant no! It really wasn't until I married DH and we started getting more and more settled that it's become such a strong desire for me. I want to give LO all the things I never had (stability highest on the list!), and more than anything can't wait to share the experience of raising a LO with DH. I just know he's going to make such a wonderful daddy, and my heart is going to meltttt the first time he holds OUR son or daughter... :cloud9:

Thank you all for the kind words! :blush:

I was an only child, and I hated it. But I lived in the country (which I miss! Stupid city life...) and there were no kids my own age to play with or anything. I always wanted a sibling. Then when I stopped wanting one at age 13, I got one. :haha: But I love my little brother, he's a sweetie, I just wish I had a sibling close to my own age to talk to and be friends with.

Does any of the other WTTers assuage their parental wants by reading baby blogs? I love reading about other people's adventures raising their kids, and it's cool to get other perspectives on how to raise them and see which I think I would want to do.

Does any of the other WTTers assuage their parental wants by reading baby blogs? I love reading about other people's adventures raising their kids, and it's cool to get other perspectives on how to raise them and see which I think I would want to do.
I love reading forums and blogs and parenting websites.. Unfortunately it doesn't assuage the fever at all, it just intensifies it. :/

I love reading forums and blogs and parenting websites.. Unfortunately it doesn't assuage the fever at all, it just intensifies it. :/

Me too!!! Think it's helping it at the time, but sure it's just 'feeding' it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->