+ WTT baby number 1 +

Another friend announced shes expecting :( GREEN EYED MONSTER ALERT! :haha:

Ugh I know. It sucks sucks sucks. I found out this woman who I really don't like is expecting. She's crazy and manipulative and I can't picture her as a Mum. But she gets to be pregnant and I don't! :shrug:

I get frustrated by that too; i see mummies with buggies everywhere!!!! i can't wait for it to be us....

NEW DATE FOR US!!!

April 2012 - or sooner, if we buy a house before then!!!

Another friend announced shes expecting :( GREEN EYED MONSTER ALERT! :haha:

Ugh I know. It sucks sucks sucks. I found out this woman who I really don't like is expecting. She's crazy and manipulative and I can't picture her as a Mum. But she gets to be pregnant and I don't! :shrug:

yeah i know someone like that too :( shes a p!sshead, smokes like 40 a day and still drinking and smoking whilst pregnant :( why does she deserve to be a mum and i dont? :wacko:

I get so jealous of women with DH's that are excited for babies. :( Probably even more than I do of women that announce they're pregnant. My DH is very tolerant and patient with the baby talk, but I so wish he *knew* he wanted a family with me.. and not just something that he'd agree to down the road...

Feel down today..

Aww babyb54 :hugs: Don't be down! I'm sure your DH wants a family with you, men just aren't good at expressing their emotions. :hugs:

Has he given you any kind of timeline at all? I know my DH was super vague about it FOREVER, turns out he'd just been waiting until he felt we were actually closer to a more realistic date (in his mind :rolleyes:) to even feel comfortable about the baby topic.

His timeline is TTC next spring.. which is fine (sheepishly, a smidge further out than I was hoping for), but I just so wish he'd express excitement for it.. instead, spring is his compromise with my timeline, when he'd originally wanted MUCH further out (4-5 years)..

We've had this discussion and he says he can see himself with kids someday and knows he'd be a good dad.. but that I'm just expecting too much - that he's a man and isn't ever really going to be gaga over the thought of a baby.. says that I need to just have faith in him that when LO comes he'll be 110% on board.

I'm being silly and this should all really be okay with me, I know. But :brat: - I'm just so jealous of women with DHs that seem to be just as excited to welcome an addition as they are.

I don't just want a baby.. I want a baby with HIM. I can't WAIT to have a family with HIM. Sometimes I wish those strong :cloud9: urges were reciprocated, is all. :shrug:

I probably haven't explained this well, lol. Ignore me - I'm just being hormonal. I really need to cut chick flicks outta my diet. :nope:

His timeline is TTC next spring.. which is fine (sheepishly, a smidge further out than I was hoping for), but I just so wish he'd express excitement for it.. instead, spring is his compromise with my timeline, when he'd originally wanted MUCH further out (4-5 years)..

We've had this discussion and he says he can see himself with kids someday and knows he'd be a good dad.. but that I'm just expecting too much - that he's a man and isn't ever really going to be gaga over the thought of a baby.. says that I need to just have faith in him that when LO comes he'll be 110% on board.

I'm being silly and this should all really be okay with me, I know. But :brat: - I'm just so jealous of women with DHs that seem to be just as excited to welcome an addition as they are.

I don't just want a baby.. I want a baby with HIM. I can't WAIT to have a family with HIM. Sometimes I wish those strong :cloud9: urges were reciprocated, is all. :shrug:

I probably haven't explained this well, lol. Ignore me - I'm just being hormonal. I really need to cut chick flicks outta my diet. :nope:

complain agree with u there i with mine would too :(

I have a book recommendation for you. "Babyproofing your Marriage" - I picked it up at a used book store on a whim, read it, laughed my butt off, and finally realized that maybe men just don't care about babies the way women do. Not to say that makes them bad parents, they just aren't hard-wired biologically to go all gaga over babies.

While some of the things in it were kind of out there, I thought it was a good, easy read. Plus, after I finished reading it, I shut up about babies for almost an entire month... completely... not a single mention (except when talking about our friend's babies) for nearly 4 weeks.... about a month ago. :winkwink: Now he's bringing up the subject on his own! Honestly, I'm not jealous of the women whose DHs are all gaga - makes me wonder "What's their ulterior motive? Hidden agenda?...Hmm.." :haha: :rofl:

I'm only half kidding. :winkwink:

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. :)

In my head I know this is just one of those differences between men and women - I just need to figure out how to convince my heart of that! haha.

DH and I set a date! Officially TTC next February! :happydance: :happydance: It doesn't even feel too far away now that there's an actual, official date to count down to!

So so so excited!

Love setting a date... and I am so checking that book out!!

I think guys just don't like the baby phase. :shy: Not that they don't love their babies, or don't care about them or anything, they're just not usually excited for the baby phase. My OH wants kids, but he's not into the baby phase. He, however, is excited for the stage when they can walk and talk and play with him and all that. It's so cute to hear him talk about that stuff. :blush: Personally, I'd love if they stayed babies forever heehee.

Maybe your OH is the same way? In my (albeit limited) experience, guys tend to follow this general pattern if they want kids.

I think with my OH, he just doesn't like the idea of the TTC phase, or anything through the initial baby stage. He's talked about 'when our child is old enough to play sports' and things like that, but never anything relating to him/her being a baby. I think when we do eventually TTC, he'll probably want me to simply tell him when we're pregnant and that be the extent of his involvement if that makes sense?

I think for us because it's our first, it's really not possible to know what to expect, so in that sense it's hard to reassure him.

I think guys just don't like the baby phase. :shy: Not that they don't love their babies, or don't care about them or anything, they're just not usually excited for the baby phase. My OH wants kids, but he's not into the baby phase. He, however, is excited for the stage when they can walk and talk and play with him and all that. It's so cute to hear him talk about that stuff. :blush: Personally, I'd love if they stayed babies forever heehee.

Maybe your OH is the same way? In my (albeit limited) experience, guys tend to follow this general pattern if they want kids.
Totally true.. my DH doesn't really actively talk about the kid phase (like on a day-to-day basis), but anytime we've been talking about babies and TTC he argues that he IS excited for babies by naming off things he can't wait to do with a kid.. I should really have put more stock in that than I did. Moms get excited for babies, dads get excited for when they can teach things, build forts, wrestle, play sports, etc. It hasn't been fair on us or him for me to diminish that and doubt his desire for a family just because I wasn't hearing what I wanted, or because I was sensing apprehension/distaste about the baby phase.

I feel so much better today than I have in months! I can't believe what a difference having a date set makes - it feels so much more real.

Thanks girls. I don't know what I'd do without ya! :)

DH and I set a date! Officially TTC next February! :happydance: :happydance: It doesn't even feel too far away now that there's an actual, official date to count down to!

So so so excited!

thats great news chick :D we TTC february too :thumbup: x

I see that. Looks like lots of us will get to progress into TTC buddies. :) So exciting! It'll be here before we know it I hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->