WTT February 2014

Yay, welcome Emmy!! I think first of March counts. :haha:

It's a good goal to want to get healthier and stronger before TTC, so you have the endurance and strength for pregnancy and labour. What's your strategy? I am a member of MyFitnessPal and I can definitely recommend it for keeping track of calories in vs calories out!

Thank you MellyH :)

I'm actually doing slimming world at the moment, I really like how flexible it is with syns etc, and love some of their own recipes for naughty treats like their big mac in a bowl or their version of kfc chicken :D

I have a huge chunk of weight to lose, but am hoping to lose around 2lb a week until we go away which is a potential 84lb, though there is the possibility of it being slightly more or less :D Would love to have lost about 2 stone by christmas, so that's my first big goal I think :happydance:

Ooooh good luck!! I find that mini-goals and competitions with my DH help keep me motivated during the long term goals. I haven't heard of slimming world! Sounds good though.

Hi emmyreece,

Welcome.

I have a lot of weight to lose and am aiming for 2lbs a week, maybe we can gee each other along. I did do slimming world but cant justify the weekly fee now we have Isaac, but i do have the books and follow it loosely.

Dawn x

Hi emmyreece,

Welcome.

I have a lot of weight to lose and am aiming for 2lbs a week, maybe we can gee each other along. I did do slimming world but cant justify the weekly fee now we have Isaac, but i do have the books and follow it loosely.

Dawn x

:hi:

I don't go to group either. Hubby works nights when our local group is on, which means I have no transport to get me there and back, so I do it from home and so far so good.

And yep I'd love to do that, it's kind of nice to have someone doing the same as me whilst aiming for the same thing if that makes sense?

Oh and I forgot to add, I definitely belong in here. We were talking last night and we're actually bringing ttc forward a month, so rather than starting on the 1st of March we'll be starting again on the 1st of Feb :happydance:

:blush: and I persuaded him to buy me one of those pink lining changing bags when we do get a :bfp: :rofl: I'm a bit of a spoilt moo lol

Yayyyy for bringing it up a month! Yahoo!! Happy dance! Hahaha.

Hi emmyreece,

Welcome.

Dawn x

I don't go to group either. Hubby works nights when our local group is on, which means I have no transport to get me there and back, so I do it from home and so far so good.

And yep I'd love to do that, it's kind of nice to have someone doing the same as me whilst aiming for the same thing if that makes sense?

Good luck to you guys! I've lost about 45lbs over the last year doing Weight Watchers (it took the idea of having kids soon to finally motivate me), and I'm hoping to lose at least another 20 or so before we TTC. I'd like to lose about 40 or 50 more total, but I suspect the last 20-30lbs will have to wait.

I was meant to lose weight before i had Isaac but alas i didn't and i was classed as high risk during pregnancy due to my high BMI,so i don't want this to be the case next time round. I need to lose the weight now. Since having Isaac (he is 10 months now) i have lost 3 stone (10.7 lbs of this was Isaac lol) but its been slow process.

Hi emmyreece,

Welcome.

Dawn x

Good luck to you guys! I've lost about 45lbs over the last year doing Weight Watchers (it took the idea of having kids soon to finally motivate me), and I'm hoping to lose at least another 20 or so before we TTC. I'd like to lose about 40 or 50 more total, but I suspect the last 20-30lbs will have to wait.

Hi ladies

I haven't been on for a while because my internet has been down :wacko:. I'm back up and running now so I should be back more often. Iv not had a chance to read back yet so I hope you all are ok and hello to all the new feb TTC'ers.

I cant believe the kiddies go back to school next week! This summer holiday has gone so quick, I'm totally not ready for back to school!

kay xx

Hi ladies and nice to meet you Emmy!!
I've been MIA for aaaages, during my holidays I was on here 24/7 but suddenly realised the other day how much I would have been missing!!
It's lovely to have new mamas-in-the-near-future join our little group... I'm also on a weight loss journey, have managed to put back on allll the weight I lost for our wedding & I'm determined not to be this size when we TTC, so it's on me really, if I'm not there then we just won't try.... Will have to push it out which will be tough so I'm working hard!
So far so good I've been sick for three days and hardly eaten!! Hurrah!! Ha ha ;)

Hi TB and all - sorry for the extended absence, we started our new jobs this week! All going well so far. I genuinely can't find anyone in HR who can answer a direct question about how much maternity leave I can take - the issue is apparently complicated because we both work at the same place, so the 12 weeks unpaid leave that the federal law guarantees us has to be split between us?!? Which is bollocks. But we are in different types of positions and my HR people are different from his HR people and so far we've asked everyone and no one knows how it works with the different rules. Sigh. Nothing is ever easy.

I got my period yesterday and was weirdly excited. One more cycle closer to trying!!!!!

I took my first pre-natal multi-vitamin this morning!!! I was doing some reading and it said at least three months before TTC, and some studies showed that a year of taking folic acid was beneficial, so I thought I should get started in case we bump it earlier to January (only four months away!). Even if we still leave it to February (or, maybe March, if we push back the honeymoon...) it won't hurt to have started and have a good base of vitamins built up! Wheeeeeeeeee! It felt good to be doing something proactive.:happydance:

Guys - it's OCTOBER! Which means February is four months away. @_@

Hi MellyH!

It is October and my ticker has ticked down to 3 months and 4 weeks or something like that... hurrah!!!

We have decided to do the NTNP thing for a few months in preparation for TTC, if it happens it happens and if it doesn't, well then we get to try properly starting I think now, mid February to time it well with school etc.

I'm pretty excited!!! If I got pregnant now I'd be over the mooooooooon although the timing wouldn't be perfect, babies are so that doesn't matter ;)

How are you going?

These days I'm mostly over in NTNP xx

Ah okay, I wondered where you'd gone! Hooray for NTNP!! That'll give you a chance to set up everything just right for TTC. LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS!

Hi Ladies!!
My son is 3 months and we are already thinking of trying around February for #2. Not in a hurry to get pregnant but we prefer to start early cuz it took us 16 months for baby #1. Can't wait to start trying! I really want my kids close in age and I think its crazy cuz our son sleeps with us and wakes up a few times per night. No clue how I would deal with co-sleeping and pregnancy all together but I'm sure we would survive lol

Ah okay, I wondered where you'd gone! Hooray for NTNP!! That'll give you a chance to set up everything just right for TTC. LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS!

Yes, besides I only come on here it seems during school holidays, and it's that time again! Haha :) x

Yaya!!!!

Hi Ladies!!
My son is 3 months and we are already thinking of trying around February for #2. Not in a hurry to get pregnant but we prefer to start early cuz it took us 16 months for baby #1. Can't wait to start trying! I really want my kids close in age and I think its crazy cuz our son sleeps with us and wakes up a few times per night. No clue how I would deal with co-sleeping and pregnancy all together but I'm sure we would survive lol

Welcome!! Makes sense to try as soon as you feel ready, given that the first was a long journey. Imagine if you fell straight away though! They'd be 16 months apart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->