WTT Girls BAW/BAH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reread my post and i should explain cos that makes my freind sound like a bad mum lol
Her dd has dome problems when first born and spent 2 weeks in special care and is a bit scared to be on her own just incase anything happens.

You girls do know the WTT section can be just as sensitive as the TTC sections right? That people are WTT for various reasons connected to TTC and although people use all areas of the forum, pop over to various threads and say hi share news etc this section is not a trimester or birth announcements section.

Just like we have the guideline that no BFPs should be announced here ...

People are WTT after a loss etc the BAW thread was an idea started long ago but for those girls who were in the WTT section and were at work to discuss general life stuff not baby stuff!!!

Ok I can't keep away cos I really feel the need to defend us! That is not strictly true, we actually started the thread cos we were bored at work and just wanted to chat about anything and everything and I think if you read back over the threads that we have done just that, no topic has been taboo and sometimes we are serious and sometimes just plain silly, nothing has ever been said to us before about mentioning children/babies TTC problems (and these have been discussed in detail on the thread too) or anything else we have ever talked about!

Please please please can we either just continue as we have been or could one of the mods please move us to a more suitable home, I love this forum and I could not have got through the last year of my life without my BAW buddies and sorry if I am being a drama queen but I am reduced to tears now!!

Thank you :hug:

I'm glad that this has all been cleared up now and I am by no means trying to start it up agai,n but I just wanted to say that I think it's completely unfair how people that have never posted in the BAW thread before have now decided to say that they feel uncomfortable posting in the thread instead of taking it up with the 'BAW ladies' when they first had the issue and now it's blown up into this.

This is the last I'm going to say, hope it doesn't offend anyone or make them feel uncomfortable and I just wanted to put my opinion across.
xx

Oh my! :shock: As part of the original BAW team, all I can say is that we all stayed in WTT because that is where we all felt comfortable. Yes, it was mainly to talk about general life stuff, but as more of us moved over to TTC and then achieved :bfp:'s we started talking about that too. We can always move the group over to general chat, but I'm with the others in wondering why only now after a year, this has caused problems? :shrug:

Originally it was just a small group of us that have become very good and close friends so we weren't offended when :bfp:'s were announced or babies were born. On the contrary, we were absolutely delighted! :cloud9:

I mean atm, I have switched from TTC to WTT until I can (once again) overcome my depression, I find another job and/or DH and I can figure out finances, but I'm not offended by TTC or baby talk. Generally, we do talk about life stuff and TTC and babies is a part of life.

I know someone mentioned moving the thread over to General Chat but that it hasn't worked in the past? Maybe we can try it again over there..? I think it's wonderful that we have new members :hi: to you all btw. But just to avoid hurt feelings, arguments, etc...we can move our BAW thread on over to General Chat?

I can understand how some of us feel as though we are being evicted especially since we've all been here so long (and Kerry and Tracy were the ones who originally created BAW), but moving on over to General Chat may be a good thing? But then the question is does that mean we can't ever discuss TTC, pregnancies or babies? :shrug: We can't have a BAW thread in every section and someone is ALWAYS bound to be offended no matter where we are and what we speak of.

Maybe put a disclaimer of sorts under BAW/BAH to say Bored at work and bored at home is a thread to discuss life. TTC, pregnancy and baby issues may be discussed. Then people can decide whether or not they want to be a part of it? I dunno...just a suggestion.

I like the name BAH too though as now I am very very bored at home. :rofl: :rofl:

CONGRATULATIONS NAT! Isobel is absolutely beautiful!!!! :cloud9:

and a very big welcome to our new members :hi: :happydance:

I was one that posted my scan pick x The reason I did it in here was because I was nervous about starting a preg journal when I got my bfp & wanted to wait until I knew all was ok x My friends in BAW knew that this was the only place they could all see my pic as I havent got a journal x
I started in here as a WTT then on to TTC & then on to preg x

This thread has been in WTT for a long time x just dont understand why its a problem now x

I can understand how some of us feel as though we are being evicted especially since we've all been here so long (and Kerry and Tracy were the ones who originally created BAW), but moving on over to General Chat may be a good thing? But then the question is does that mean we can't ever discuss TTC, pregnancies or babies? :shrug: We can't have a BAW thread in every section and someone is ALWAYS bound to be offended no matter where we are and what we speak of.

Totally agree with you on this bit Chris x x x

I agree with everything you all just said ;)
Chris, you've been away for AGES! How are you doing today hun?

thanks ladies :hugs:

I'm doing okay. I have my good days and my bad. Still no word from DH's job. The director he spoke with told him not to worry about it and that there will be some kind of work for me there, even if it's only part time but I have as yet to hear anything. I've sent my resume all over the place, it's posted on monster.com, etc. No takers. This is such a bad time to be out of work. DH is being wonderfully supportive. :cloud9: He doesn't allow me to feel guilty or upset. When I get like that he just keeps reminding me that he isn't angry or upset with me. I made a mistake...a mistake that shouldn't have caused me my job and that he loves me very much and to take this time off to do the things I ordinarily wouldn't be able to do.

I understand Chris :hugs:

I hope something turns up on the job front and that's great that DH is soo supportive :D
Like you say, it's not the greatest of times to be unemployed but things will work out I am sure. ;)

Chris :hugs: something will turn up for you I know it, posted you a visitor message this morning cos I was missing you, it is fab to have you back :hugs:

So what is everyone up to this weekend? I am going away tomorrow yaay!! got to decide what clothes to take tonight, the weather is so bloomin unpredictable!!

Awww...thank you so much ladies. :cry:

Not sure what we're doing this weekend. It's going to be 84 degrees tomorrow and Sunday! :shock: I think I'll take a lawn chair outside and read my Nora Robert's novel with little Annie running around.

I think FIL's dog is trying to rub out my little Annie. He keeps drinking all her water. :rofl: :rofl:

It's a romance/horror novel. :happydance: It's called The Pagan Stone...the last book in the trilogy of the Sign of Seven. Nora Roberts is a romance author but not trashy romance...very good! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back