WTT Girls BAW Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Might make another adjustment to over 18.5 then :)
xx

reedy, congrats on 12 weeks :D oooh scan on tuesday yay

thanks nat, ive picked the whinne the -poooh cot from argos and the salisbury chest of drawers :D i like argos hahaha

kerry, i hope the witch visits you soon sweetie , if thats wat ur after :) hahaha about the adonis

baby.love, excellant news, ive been told i have to pay for a nuchal scan its about 100 quid!!!??? confused.com, aww bless him!!

hey ella how you doing today, glad to see ur weightloss ticker changed too :D

hiya chris, how you feeling today hun :hug:

Hi Poshie:) i know what u mean bout lucky jenifer anistion, they def dont make adverts like they used to

aww leaArr, hope ur nick feels better soon xxx

welcome Winter Belle

heya girls, 9 pages!!!! bloomin heck you lot chat lots, hahaha

hope your all fab,, im off tomoro so i can chat to you all properly:D

Hey Missy :hi:

I'm good thankyou, how're you?

Yeah, guess 21lbs is a bit more attainable than 28! :)
xx

Well, I told you guys about Pete giving my resume to his job. Pete just called and HR called him saying I would be perfect for an Executive Assistant :saywhat: They said I have all the experience and requirements for an EA. Executive Assistants make good money. This particular position would pay $20,000 more a year than my previous job. :shock:

The only problem is that this job is at the tip of Manhattan and would mean a 2 hour commute (each way) to work with not getting home until at least 7:30 at night and waking up at about 4:30 every morning.

The money is great and in fact, I'd be making more than DH if I accept it :saywhat:

I just HATE HATE HATE HATE Manhattan...and the idea of having to take a train for an hour and a half and then walking to the subway for another 30 minute ride is quite daunting.
The money is good, but I'd have to get a train pass and then a subway pass, which with the MTA rates going up, will probably be more money than my monthly gas. BUT I'd still be coming home with more money tha I made at my last job.

Pete said to think about it and we'll talk about it tonight when he gets home. He said, "yes, it's alot of money, but it's going to be a very very long day for you and if it's going to effect us negatively, I don't want you to do it b/c the money won't be worth anything that way."

But if I DO take the job, we'll be making enough money together so that we could move back to Westchester County (where we were both born and raised and also where all my family lives but it's also a VERY expensive place to live) and would cut my commute in half.

So I dunno....I'd love to get over my fear of Manhattan and make good money and be DH's "sugar momma" :rofl: :rofl: I just don't know if I'm strong enough to do it.

That sounds like a FAB opportunity if you can get over your fear of Manhattan.

God you lot talk when I go for a long walk to evict this baby!!!

Ella, try not to lose too much weight.. saying that I'm up the duff and lost weight. I got measured for my nursing bra and I've lost 2" around my rib cage, and I have always been 38" before being pregnant !

:rofl: Kerry knicker watch!!!

:hi: Missy excellent at a day off, we can run riot I think!!

Welcome Winter Belle!

Excellent news Chris... I would do a SWOT analysis on all the pros and cons... I would say go for it then you can live where you want to bring up your children... You are a very strong lady and don't you listen to anyone else!!

Well, I'm gonna go for a little drive....think and clear my head. This job would be great, the hours would kill me, but the salary would give me a chance to put right what went wrong in our lives.

Activity always clears my little head......

Evening all and welcome winter belle :)

Chris. Sounds like a great opportunity there. Please make sure you think about it hard. Sometimes the sacrifice you make in doing more hours for more money, doesn't make you happier in your life. Sometimes it just isn't worth it. I'm not saying don't do it, only to consider the impact on your personal life carefully. Lots of luck babe :hugs:

Ella I am nearly 5ft 9" and used to have a bmi of around 17.5, so underweight. However over the last year I have put on weight for the first time in 16 years. I now have a bmi of about 20. I look and feel better for it tbh. I totally agree though that it's how you feel about yourself that matters.

Hi peeps!

Ella - Thanks for making the change!! Just looking out for you hun! xxxx

Lea - hiya sweets! Good luck with the weight loss!

Nat - Hope you enjoyed the long walk!

Chris - Sounds like a fab opportunity... How long would you have to be commuting before you moved?? Is it worth taking the job knowing that in a couple of months you could afford to move? I know that you want to move away from MIL and FIL. Good luck whatever you decide hun! Enjoy the drive xxx

I don't think I'm gonna take the job. God..listen to me...I haven't even been offered it yet, nor have I even interviewed for it. :rofl: Subways scare me shitless and there's been lots of attacks on the subways recently. When all is said and done, the commute, the cost of the train pass and subway pass, plus the cost of parking at the train station, coupled with very long hours, and taxes being taken out, I'd only be bringing home MAYBE $10,000 more a year. While that's nothing to sneeze at....I don't feel it's worth all the sacrifices I'd have to make. DH and I would have NO time together at all during the week....not to mention no time for anything period. $10,000 just isn't worth giving up my life for.

Morning...

Chris, you have to do what is right in your heart!! It's a shame it's not nearer for you so you don't have to do the subways.. xx

Chris, hopefully you saw my last post in here........you have obviously thought about it hard and made your decision. When we moved here I was commuting to my old job which took sometimes 2 hours each way. It killed me and it just wasn't worth the stress and strain and impact on my personal time. I guess yours is a similar situation hun.

Lots of luck :hugs:

morning girls,

chris hunni. i understand why your not taking the job, commuting is really terrible and if your commuting to a place you hate even worse, i really hope something of a similar postion but closer to you turns up soon, big squishyy hugs xxx

how is everyone this morning, im waiting for a call from my midwife, i missed her call yesterday afternoon as i was at work but hubby said she'd call bk 2day between 9 and 10

:hi: Poshie and Missy

I'm tired, can't be bothered to do anything at the moment... I still got washing and study to tidy!!

aww nat bless you, cant blame you for being tired tho babes lol xxxx hugs darling hope you find some energy to do a lil bit of it today... huggles xxx

Is everything ok Missy? I mean waiting for phone call from MW?

Morning Ladies!!!

Chris - I posted in your journo xxxxx

Missy - ohhhhh MW calling.... EXCITING!!! :yipee:

Nat - Balls to tidying.... you're busy growing a baby! ;)

Poshie - :wave:

Anyone seen buffy lately?? Is she ok??

Hello Nat and Missy and Samba :wave:

I assume it's just a routine call to make an appointment with your MW missy?

I'm sure you find yourself exchausted pretty much all the time now Nat? Still, not long til Tuesday :yipee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"