WTT weight loss support thread

So I have now lost 20 pounds. I have upped my calorie intake slightly as my weight was just plateauing. Seems to be starting to work but too early to tell. Will see what my weight is on tues.

I hope everyone else is doing well. X

My official weigh in day is Sunday but I still step on the scale daily just to see how I'm doing. I'm stuck. Haven't lost a single pound since my 5lb loss. But I'm not giving up.

I started weight training this week (have done 3 of 4 workouts so far) and now that it's warmer I'm walking to work. I am carefully watching what I eat and making sure I get enough fiber and protein without going over in carbs and fats. I consume between 1300 and 1500 calories a day depending on the day. I've burned over 2000 calories in exercise already this week with 2 more days to go. I'm frustrated that my scale doesn't even show a half pound loss - I would expect 2 pounds per week at this rate! grrrr

Congrats to you though for having great success! I'm still going to work it. I hope I can follow in your shoes.

Hey I lost nothing for two weeks and then I upped my calories slightly and lost 2 pounds!

I was doing 1500 cals of food a day (but often 1300 - 1500) and exercise of about 1500 per week., I then moved to making sure I ate 1500 - 1600, am waiting to see where I weigh on tues before I can really say it worked!

I hope you get a good weight loss this week, you deserve it after all that hard work. Btw supposedly you carry additional water for 24 hrs after workout so you might want to try not to workout ore weigh in. X
Xx

Well, I'm actually up one pound this morning over last week, but I broke down and had subway last night so I think it's the sodium.

In any case, I have joined a weight loss clinic. U Weight Loss. (it's Canadian) https://www.uweightloss.com/default.aspx The foundation was created by 2 women - a naturopathic doctor and a nutritionist. They focus on rebalancing your hormones and chemistry through nutrition and supplements plus give you LOTS of coaching and help you do the inner work. They also give you all the meal recipes etc and grocery lists weekly so you know what you're getting when you go to the store (and what you shouldn't be getting). I immediately felt like family there when I went in. I told myself I wasn't going to join, but just check them out but everything she said made so much sense (and I knew it wasn't b.s. because of all the books I've read). They are going to help me do what I KNOW needs to be done... I just can't seem to do it alone. I'm really excited. We've set my goal for 30lbs lost by summer (june/july). I start my kickstart/detox week Tuesday after one more meeting tomorrow. They say you should lose about 2-6 lbs in the first week. One man lost 15! LOL I think he had a lot to lose anyway.

I'll keep you posted!

Hey can I join? I've got 4.5 stone to lose before we start TTC, I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. Despite saying I'd start 2011 as I mean to go on, so far that hasnt happened. But I've joined WW online and I'm starting to take it seriously. The sooner I shift this weight the sooner we can start trying for a baby!

I am going to join as well! I joined a gym in January, as there was no way I was going to get in the proper exercise here with the winter we have been having. I try to get there 3-4 times a week. More times would help me lose more, but I want to be realistic as well. My goal was to lose 20 lbs., and really tone up my body. I'm only about 5'4.5" so I can really feel/see the extra weight, and feel soooo out of shape (I have been physically fit all my life, but as I am in a career now, I don't do as much). So far, I have lost about 17 lbs, so only 3 lbs to go. However, I think I may want to lose more like 5 lbs, now that I'm close to my goal. After that, it's time to tone! I'm very lazy with weights, etc., and prefer cardio so I tend to dismiss my core work, which I really need.

I am doing this with the hopes of continuing once I TTC and get a BFP! Good luck everyone.

Bleurgh Ive plauaeu'd again!!!! Looks like losing anymore weight is going to ne a v long slow proces. Now!!!

On a positive note, I am losing inches and I can see where the exercise is toning my body :) I still have so much weight to lose!!! Mainly off my core, although I have lost 6 inches off my waist alone already, which is truly amazing!

Nice to have some new people joining this thread! Welcome and good lunch achieving your goals!!

X

So nice to find a place with ladies doing the same as me :) I am loosing weight whilst wtt - currently up to 17.5lbs gone with Slimming World :)

Good job! This past week I didn't lose any, but I wasn't very strict with my diet this past weekend, and let myself have some treats. I don't mind doing that once in a while, as long as I don't allow myself to do it every day. I think this week I'll see a bit of loss again, but we shall see! With only about 5 lbs. left until I reach my goal, it's getting tough. The toning up part is what I really need to start focusing on.

Hello all!!! So I was feeling very demotivated after last few weeks and went away for the two days and went out for VERY bad dinners etc. Then was good rest of the week and thank god I'm now the same weight!!!

So this week I'm gonna work really hard to get myself out of this damn plataeu!!

Kitschdolly - well done on loss so far, what is your target?

Puppymum - well done on your loss, See I love weight and don't really like cardio (well I quite like running). When I get nearer my target I need to do some flexibility work - I am SOO unsupple!!

X

Two weeks into my new program and it is a success! After 14 days, I have given up coffee and don't miss it! I haven't eaten out or any sweets or fatty foods whatsoever - I'm totally sticking to this program! I bought myself an XBOX Kinect and since spring has sprung I've been walking a lot!!

Down 5 lbs, 11 inches, and 4.6% body fat!!!!

WOOO HOOO!!!! :happydance:

Wow, is that 11 inches and 4.5% body fat in only 2 weeks?! Great job, either way - keep up the good work.

I am so close to my goal, however have been off a little lately. I have been sick, had AF, and haven't been able to get to the gym due to my schedule. Saying that, I also allowed myself some sweets this week. I am not upset at myself, really, as long as it does not continue on a regular basis. We all deserve a treat in life once in a while! I don't think I've gained any weight, but didn't lose any. My goal date is May 1, so once I am over this cold, I have to get my butt in gear and back to the gym. Can't wait until this weather becomes nicer and I can get outside and run more.

After I hit my goal, I may make another minor goal of a couple of pounds, along with toning and core work.

Wow, is that 11 inches and 4.5% body fat in only 2 weeks?! Great job, either way - keep up the good work.

Yes, in only two weeks! Thank you for the encouragement! I'm very happy with the results. It's totally worth the money I'm spending on this program! :yipee:

Hey Everyone!! I'd like to join this group as well. I'd like to lose ~ 20 before we start ttc. I can run - but I don't love it. I've tried the exercise programs ie p90x and insanity and they are ok but not fun. So just last week I joined a studio that only does dance classes and I absolutely fell in love!! I get really upset if I miss a class. Which is the kind of feeling I need to stay dedicated to increased activity. Now I sometimes find myself doing 2 classes in a row! Hope we can help keep each other motivated. Sorry if I gave too much info. :)

Well done jennybobenny!

My weigh in is tomorrow - I hope it brings some good news!!

Charlie

YES!!!! I have finally broken the damn plateau!!

2 lb loss this week, that gets me to - 22 in total!! Yippeee!

Cannot wait to smash the two stone mark in 6 pounds time!

Charlie

Woo hoo! Way to go Charlie! I weighed in at 165 this morning. Haven't seen that number since last summer. That puts me at 9 pounds lost. :happydance:

Welcome t84! Congrats on finding the exercise that you LOVE! I like dancing too. Looking forward to buying the Michael Jackson game for my xbox kinect. Woo hoo!

Have a great weekend everyone! :kiss:

i guess im back here :haha: although ive been watching what i eat i hadnt bothered with weigh in's etc but back to it again now :thumbup:

hey chick, yeah not too bad thanx, saw a photo of me in my "thinner" years last night and has made me back into diet/workout mode :haha: how are u? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->