X-Factor

Its not that he sang the song badly (he has a great voice) - it was everything about the way they changed it. Its not meant to sound like a song churned out by just another boyband and thats all it sounded like to me :nope:.

I love Simon Neil's voice :cloud9: And think they could have picked a track better suited to Matt's voice. His voice isn't gritty enough for a biffy record - but thats maybe just because Im a big fan and noone could have covered that song to my liking :lol: He should have done the bruno mars number - i loved that x

That's what I was thinking its just you worded it better blue_ bumpkin, I still think Matts best at converting and improving the average crappy pop song and making it is own, rather than taking an already decent rock song and trying to alter it in some way, plus being a real music snob I also object to marketing it this way like you say ' like a song churned out by just another boy band'.
I'm a Depeche mode fan and we all shrieked with horror when we heard The Saturdays desecrate 'Just cant get enough' lol.
No I agree Matt sang the Biffy song well, its just I want to remember it being sung the way it was. And the Bruno Mars song, well me and DH both agree Matt sang it better than him, I only like listening to Matts version now :thumbup:

Why not just release his own song though? I hate that all they churn out is remakes of songs that are already hits. I get why they do it but the show would be more credile if the songs were original iykwim?

I think he wanted to release his own song but Simon being Simon wouldn't let him. I guess Matt chose the next best thing (thats if he had a say), I think if Matt had dug his heels in and said 'nopey Im doing my own track' then it could of been a turning point in the way people are manufactured out of Xfactor :D

If Matt had done that though, Simon would have made sure he didn't win. If you don't follow Simon's rules then more fool you I think. Hopefully after this song he will work on an album writing/singing his own material. I don't think he will be a flop like Joe McElderry or Leon Jackson because not only is he a talented singer but he can write songs and play music which none of the other winners could do.

Also, is it wrong that since Sunday night, Matt has been in every single one of my dreams? I'm hoping it's a sign :haha:

Yeah unfortnatley once you enter X Factor, you have to go along with everything Simon wants and says. He boss! I'm sure Matt wanted to release his own stuff but seeing as he's been given a contract under Simon he'll have to do as he's told.
I look forward to seeing some original stuff down the line though, he's very talented :).

I'm so excited to do X Factor now. Is Dermot doing it next year does anyone know? I heard a rumour this year was his last. I'll be gutted if I get through to the judge's auditions and he isn't there for a Dermot hug haha

Lol I'll still go but if I get through to the TV auditions I'm going to walk right on past him. Dermot ftw!

i cant actually imagine mat doin it.

if u could choose who done it, who would u pick?

I love James Corden! He's nuttin on Dermot though

And back to Chloe Mafia, looks like the makeover didnt last. Anyone see her on This Morning? :sick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN90i-Viduw

:( I feel really sorry for her now. She's just this rubbish teen from skeggy Wakefield making duff decisions and being exploited.

Wasn't that chloe on Snog Marry Avoid? sorry if that's already been said and sorry for the OTness :flower:

Wasn't that chloe on Snog Marry Avoid? sorry if that's already been said and sorry for the OTness :flower:
There's another vid a little further back in the thread that might be what you're talking about here. It's not something I've ever seen but sounds the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->