~xBi-racial Bumpsx~ *36 Babies Born & Counting!*

LMFAO!!! omg you said it perfectly- she needs to cut the umbilical cord! That is exactly what their relationship is like!!!!!!!

Yeah, he does feel like he needs to meet her needs. For example, he always makes excuses to go to her house after work (he gets off at 10:30 and wont come home to me until like 2am because he is at her house that whole time and then he still expects me to cook for him at 2am and stay up with him. Ummm my body is making a baby and gets freaking tired wayyyyy before 2 am!!)

And then tonight, he said that he is going to sleep at her house because he has "something" to do in the morning and it is closer to her house than ours, and he is making me stay at my mom's house becuase he doesnt want me sleeping at our house alone. It makes seriously no sense at all. He is 27. I think its time for sleepovers at mommy's house to be over.

He promised me it wouldnt be like this once we moved. 5 month later, it's still like this!!
His claim: "Latinos are always going to be close to family. Youre American so you wouldnt understand!" Okay, I get that you are really close to family and I don't have a lot of family like you do, but do you have to freakin see you mom every damn night???????

Mark is Latino and he talks to his mom like every 3 months! Lol

lol yeahh idont know its just a crazy situation. My MIL has been being a big B-I-T. Lately, if you get my drift. DH is even a little fed up with it. Once the baby comes, he will realize that he has bigger responsilities. If not, then "Adios!" but im pretty sure he's realizing it. It's just taking time.

Then again I might just be making excuses for him! But the hormones have me thinking crazy so I dont really know whatst going on lol!

Gosh... I don't think I could handle your situation! I would be fuming! How can a mother, Regardless if she is a mother in law act like that? & treat you like that? She should be supporting you since you are the mother of her soon to be grandchild. I mean this is America... she shouldn't be mad at you or anyone for not being able to speak spanish as well as her or at all. Why do people always feel like we have to accomodate to them? As if it's a one way street and not a two way. She should make as much as an effort as you do. :shrug:

& wow with him being so connected to his mom like that. I can see her coming over and having dinner with you guys every now and then, but him spending the night with her??

The only reason my mom would ever stay the night at my grandmothers was if it was a holiday. And the only time my Fiance would stay the night at his home is during the holiday because we live across the world from them.

Blah... I hope things get better between you and your MiL. I don't know how you can handle it. I think I would have already gone off. :lol:

I don't know what it's like to have a MiL. My fiance's mom pased away a year and a half ago before I could meet her. I was already scared to death of meeting her... I can only imagine what it would have been like if she acted like that? Now I'm scared to death of meeting his family... :lol:

Thanks.. Yeahh it is really effed up and I have snapped a couple times. She tells my OH that I am a bad wife and stuff like that. Basically telling him how I should act.

I dont go visit her because she pisses me off.
I almost dont even want the baby to around her.
And that's really bad!!

I can understand where you're coming from.

Can only hope to God she changes and becomes a bit more barable. :/

Try not to let her stress you out too much.
& I'm sure your husband will come around, and she'l start to get to him soon to. :D

Lil dreamy hope u and LO start getting treated the way you deserve, and marlarky i sympathise and i understand believe me!!!!

Does anyone on here have issues with their mother in law becuase you both are 2 different races??

My MIL speaks Spanish (Mexican) and so do I, but Im by no means fluent. and she speaks to me so fast and my brain cant register it as fast as she speaks and then yells at me that i dont know spanish. It's like, yes I do, can you just freakin speak a little slower for me please?!?!??

And she always tells my DH that he should have married a Mexican girl becuase she doesnt like American girls. And that our baby should only speak Spanish because "all of the baby's family speaks spanish". Wtf?? What about my family? Theyre irish and all they know from the Spanish language is "Cerveza!"

Well her baby is going to be half American so she better get f**kin ready because the baby is going to speak just as much English as Spanish.

And the baby has TWO grandmothers. Not just her.

Sorry for my rant, I just really wanted to get that out. Sorry everyone :blush:

Well if she doesnt like American Girls she can take her butt back to Mexico!!! geez!!! my MIL is from mexico and she doesnt have a problem with me not speaking Spanish or we me being american i like how she thinks its only HER side of the family that matters!!! boo hoo tell her get off her high horse! :roll:

lol thank you!! it makes me mad that she never makes the effort to learn any english for me. I always ask her how to say things in Spanishh but she never asks me how to say it in English. She is on a high horse!! Every holiday we go with his parents and his family but we never go with mine. Like wtf is that??

And my birthday is new year's eve, so I like to go out for my birthday, and he just wants to go to his family's because it is a holiday. We spend every holiday with his family so on my birthday, I want it to be just us!

lol thank you!! it makes me mad that she never makes the effort to learn any english for me. I always ask her how to say things in Spanishh but she never asks me how to say it in English. She is on a high horse!! Every holiday we go with his parents and his family but we never go with mine. Like wtf is that??

And my birthday is new year's eve, so I like to go out for my birthday, and he just wants to go to his family's because it is a holiday. We spend every holiday with his family so on my birthday, I want it to be just us!

ewww spending ur birthday with her?!!? heck no we spend new years together not at his fam or mine and we fit BOTH family's in on the holidays! thats unfair! i hope he doesnt think thats gonna keep happening once ur LO is here! bc LO needs to be with BOTH familys for holidays!! Your his wife!!! you come first!!!not his mama and yes she should learn ur language its only fair! GL once ur baby gets here i can see her being VERY pushy!!!

30th September - Faerie - ?

OCTOBER
2nd October - Mrs.Stokes -
8th October - LilDreamy -
8th October - Peanut56 - ?
9th October - ttc_lolly -
13th October - xUniquex - -----Had Her Baby!-----
14th October - Ms_Katy5 -
19th October - 2wantedpls -
25th October - Agiboma - -----Had Her Baby!-----
26th October - Shareema -
26th October - DreaminOfBaby - ?
30th October - DreamCypher -

Eek i can't believe my time is drawing closer!! I have literally 2 months left (i've been told to expect them anytime, but probably at least a couple of weeks early).

So amazing that 20 have been born already :D I remember when this thread was started!!

I'm due in 4 days :dance:. I keep going back and forth about whether she will be late or not. I have had these period-like cramps for over 2 weeks and they feel stronger today, so we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->