xmas day at the in laws. am i being stupid?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hello girls.

the in laws live about 3 hours away by car and they dont get to see Joshua very often.last time was 6 weeks ago.

they dont see him very much but they dont even call to see how he is or what hes been up to. but i wont get started on that.

we have planned to go to theirs for xmas so Joshua can have a 'good' xmas.

well im now thinking twice about it.

their other grandchildren live close to them and they see them every weekend and sometimes through the week.
well i have heard that they have made plans to go and see them on xmas eve and then when they get up in the morning the girls are gonna call them so the in laws can go and watch them open their presents. then they girls are going to theirs boxing day.

all sounds fine but do they not want to see joshua?
joshua always comes second.
im not bothered that they are going to see the other grandchildren but they see them all the time and they havnt seen joshua for 6 weeks already.

they only want to know joshua when they have done everything they want to do first.

once we went round there and it took the MIL 3 hours before she actually took proper notice of joshua.

they try their dam hardest to bugger Joshua's routine up.

they wont be having xmas dinner until like 2pm but joshua is always ready for his by 12.
ive sent MIL a message today asking if it would be possible to do dinner ealrier and she has sent one back saying no not really.

im just really peed off that Joshua always comes second.

am i being stupid?

i dont know tbh only you can call it, doesnt sound like a fun day all round though
from personal experience i have never taken the kids out on christmas day - fair do's mine are older now lol, but i just hate the idea of letting them open their pressies then taking them away from them - i know they get pressies when they are out but i always as a child felt a bit crap having to go out on christmas day leaving the main presents behind

so for years if my mum, gran etc want to - which they do every year, they come for an hour in the morning and we visti other family after christams

we were going to theirs the day before xmas eve and spending the week there.

No you're not being stupid, it doesn't sound like a good Christmas for you!

IMO -

I don't think Joshua is going to notice whether he spends Christmas at home or at your MILs, providing you're there!

If it's important to your husband to spend Christmas Day with his parents then i'd just try and relax and go with the flow, maybe only stay for a few days instead of a week? However if he feels the same as you do why not start your own tradition, and spend Christmas at home with your newly made family. Maybe invite them to spend a few days with you at your house instead?

Whatever you decide to do i hope you have a good Christmas

thank you. x

we are having xmas at home next year, just fancied a change.

Your in-laws sounds like mine! LOL

They see there other grandson all the time ...granted this both live in nottingham and we live an hour away, but they have seen him only 3 times in the last 6 months! Once when he was born, once when we went down and then at his christening!

My husband always says we should go down, but I'm not backing down. We have Joshua in a great routine now and I'm not messing it up for someone who can't be bothered to come and see him! They don't even call!

Anyway back to you...sorry i ranted in your thread! LOL

i don't think your being stupid...and whatever happens i hope you have a good xmas

Your in-laws sounds like mine! LOL

They see there other grandson all the time ...granted this both live in nottingham and we live an hour away, but they have seen him only 3 times in the last 6 months! Once when he was born, once when we went down and then at his christening!

My husband always says we should go down, but I'm not backing down. We have Joshua in a great routine now and I'm not messing it up for someone who can't be bothered to come and see him! They don't even call!

Anyway back to you...sorry i ranted in your thread! LOL

i don't think your being stupid...and whatever happens i hope you have a good xmas

i dont mind you ranting.

joshua is in a fab routine and it just goes tits up when we go to the inlaws.

when we go there he doesnt sleep.

last xmas it was joshua's 1st xmas and he was 4 months old and they came down 2 weeks before to bring presents and then xmas day they didnt call until the evening.

i think im gonna go down and if they dont seem bothered then thats it.they would of shown that they are just not interested.

Yeah go and give them the chance and see how it goes!

BTW you son has a great name ;P mine's Joshua to :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"