Yeast! Help!

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
I had an awful sinus infection a couple weeks ago and got put on antibiotics for two weeks, I still have 3 days to go :(

It's caused serious yeast problems. I have a yeast infection and yeast on my nipples which is making nursing DD a nightmare. I got a 3 day OTC medicine that my midwife cleared for me, but I'm still having discomfort. But that's more tolerable than the nipple yeast! I can barely handle nursing DD. I've been washing my nipples with apple cider vinegar that worked when DD was an infant and we both got thrush but it hasn't helped one bit this time around.:cry:

I gotta say you're such a trooper, still nursing while pregnant and suffering like this! Hope you feel better soon

I gotta say you're such a trooper, still nursing while pregnant and suffering like this! Hope you feel better soon

Thanks, the thought of weaning has more than crossed my mind. I know I don't want to still be nursing DD when baby arrives because I fear her thinking baby took her mama milk and nursing both sounds crazy to me lol.

Tandem nursing actually isn't terrible! I had a newborn and an 11-month-old who was still nursing a LOT, and it was wonderful because my older baby would just pet the baby and enjoy the time together. :) Either way, you're doing great. Yeast all over! Ugh! I've had that a couple of times. It's hard to cut sugar intake when you're pregnant, but it's recommended. I always use baking soda for yeast infections. It's a little trick I learned when I was getting them non-stop throughout one of my pregnancies... and I would use it to keep the yeast away, too. I tend to get external yeast, though. I would wet the area in the shower, apply the baking soda, wash the rest of my body, and then rinse everything. The 3-day yeast treatments burn like heck, and they've never worked for me during pregnancy. I always need the 7-day. To be honest, I've had to use the 7-day followed by the 3-day treatments because my infections were so bad.

Tandem nursing actually isn't terrible! I had a newborn and an 11-month-old who was still nursing a LOT, and it was wonderful because my older baby would just pet the baby and enjoy the time together. :) Either way, you're doing great. Yeast all over! Ugh! I've had that a couple of times. It's hard to cut sugar intake when you're pregnant, but it's recommended. I always use baking soda for yeast infections. It's a little trick I learned when I was getting them non-stop throughout one of my pregnancies... and I would use it to keep the yeast away, too. I tend to get external yeast, though. I would wet the area in the shower, apply the baking soda, wash the rest of my body, and then rinse everything. The 3-day yeast treatments burn like heck, and they've never worked for me during pregnancy. I always need the 7-day. To be honest, I've had to use the 7-day followed by the 3-day treatments because my infections were so bad.

Aw, see this is why I'm on the fence. Mama milk time is more of snuggle comfort time for DD unless it's bedtime. I can only imagine her interest in baby nursing with her. I know that she's not ready because when I refuse mama milk she falls apart and can't always be distracted with snacks or other activity.

I will have to try the baking soda! How terrible that you had so many yeast infections - they are miserable. I didn't know it was okay to follow up a 7 day with a 3 day. Today is feeling a little better so I'm going to wait and see what happens "down below", but my nipples are not getting any better.

Does your child have yeast too if your nipples do? Have you treated her?

Does your child have yeast too if your nipples do? Have you treated her?

No she doesn't actually, which is really surprising. The pediatrician didn't notice anything at her well child visit either, so it's just my nipples. Maybe because I've been washing them with apple cider vinegar before and after nursing it's kept it from her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->