You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

R u doing anything different to try to help things along brandy? Any changes to diet, exercise etc? I gave up tea a few days ago! (Better late than never!) Xx

Are u on the long protocol gretarose? I start gonal-f 450 today - apparently this is a very high dose :/

That's great timing for u jack - right at the start of the hols! R u doing the short protocol? Brandy does that mean your egg retrieval will be around 10-12th July? Or r u on the long protocol too?

Just me and Louise still waiting to start then I guess!

Hi jack, yes I'm on the long protocol so should have my scan on 5th and then move onto Gonal F before my ER and ET. All being well that could be happening 2nd week of July. I am doing gentle exercise, mainly walking, and continuing with my wonderful acupuncture once or twice a week. Work has been stressing me out so considering taking some time off but prefer to be busy than not I think. I've only got 1more week left so feeling like I should brave it. Good luck to you xxxxx
Are u on the long protocol gretarose? I start gonal-f 450 today - apparently this is a very high dose :/

Thanks ladies :) Yeah I'm on the short protocol so everything is happening so quickly! I have to go back for a scan next Fri then could be in the following week for egg collection... I'm going for my first acupuncture in 3 weeks this afternoon - my guys been away on hol so i've missed a few weeks. Have stopped the herbs now. Didnt want to risk taking them whilst doing the ivf drugs.

Hope u and Louise get started soon highhopes! :)

Yeah I stopped my herbs too. Kinda missing them really because it felt like they really flushed my system out and cleared my skin up in preparation for all this. But it's better to just have the drugs I guess and good old pregnacare supplements still.
You will be starting too before you know it highhopes and Louise :winkwink:

Thanks ladies :) Yeah I'm on the short protocol so everything is happening so quickly! I have to go back for a scan next Fri then could be in the following week for egg collection... I'm going for my first acupuncture in 3 weeks this afternoon - my guys been away on hol so i've missed a few weeks. Have stopped the herbs now. Didnt want to risk taking them whilst doing the ivf drugs.

Hope u and Louise get started soon highhopes! :)

R u doing anything different to try to help things along brandy? Any changes to diet, exercise etc? I gave up tea a few days ago! (Better late than never!) Xx

I made major life changes 3.5 years ago so nope.

I lost 140 lbs went from a size 26W to a size 6, I exercise atleast 3-5x per week. I havent touched a drop of alcohol not even a sip, I dont smoke, I have vitamin levels checked 2x per year, so if this doesnt work nothing will.

BTW I do have a latte to drink once a day. The chemical process to take the caffeine out of a product is much more disruptive to your body than the caffeine itself in moderation.

How is everyone doing ladies?

I made major life changes 3.5 years ago so nope.

I lost 140 lbs went from a size 26W to a size 6, I exercise atleast 3-5x per week. I havent touched a drop of alcohol not even a sip, I dont smoke, I have vitamin levels checked 2x per year, so if this doesnt work nothing will.

BTW I do have a latte to drink once a day. The chemical process to take the caffeine out of a product is much more disruptive to your body than the caffeine itself in moderation.

Brandy your life changes are amazing. You must be very disciplined to have done all that!

Doing ok - got my appointment with the consultant tomorrow at last. Hopefully I will book the coordination appointment tomorrow too and then all I need to do is sit back and wait for my period to arrive!

How are all the rest of you coping with the shots? And Louise how's it going playing the waiting game?!

I've done 2 injections so far...the first one freaked me out slightly and the second one wasnt much better!! I def have a needle phobia! They werent even that sore but the sight of the needle was too much!! Otherwise all going well :) Good luck with ur appt tomo. And i agree with highhopes - amazing life/ diet changes brandy! Well done! Xx

Well done Jack, it is weird isn't it?! But it does get easier and they do stop stinging.
I've done 9 shots now, booked in to go for my scan on Friday, no sign of AF yet.
I've been suffering from some nerves & anxiety so my doctor advised I take this week off. My attendance at work has been impeccable over almost 10 years of being there apart from the odd sick day. So finally feeling like I have real space to allow myself to relax as much as possible now...after waiting all this time. Praying things work out for me but also trying to remain realistic. My husband and I feel pretty strong. It feels like such a good time for good things to happen!
How is the acupuncture going for everyone?

I've done 2 injections so far...the first one freaked me out slightly and the second one wasnt much better!! I def have a needle phobia! They werent even that sore but the sight of the needle was too much!! Otherwise all going well :) Good luck with ur appt tomo. And i agree with highhopes - amazing life/ diet changes brandy! Well done! Xx

I reckon u deserve some time off gretarose :) I have my scan on friday too. Fingers crossed for lots of follicles for both of us! I have a heavy feeling in my tummy today...almost like my period is due. Hoping its a good sign x

Are u ladies doing the shots yourselves? I couldn't face that! Got my DH to administer them for me last time...and even then the first few made me feel woozy and if I saw the needle I freaked!!! Hoping I won't be such a wuss the second time round!

Feeling a bit crap about going to the consultant today. It's rubbish being back at square one again after the positive result last time :(

Aww i know its all a bit daunting sometimes highhopes...but try to think positive thoughts. Stay focused on the end result! :)

I've woken up with a headache. Do u reckon it could be a side effect of the drugs? Going to go and drink lots of water...

Yes I've been doing the shots myself!!

Hope it goes ok with the consultant highhopes, sending positive vibes.
Well it's seems AF has arrived. I'm going to call the hospital and just check my scan date will be ok for Friday.
Thanks for the encouragement Jack, we teachers really suffer from guilt don't we?! I am starting to feel better in my own environment.

Aww i know its all a bit daunting sometimes highhopes...but try to think positive thoughts. Stay focused on the end result! :)

I've woken up with a headache. Do u reckon it could be a side effect of the drugs? Going to go and drink lots of water...

Yes I've been doing the shots myself!!

Glad to hear it! Yes we do give ourselves a hard time if ever we should need time off. But i reckon a little time off for ivf is justified :)

Yep my scan is Friday too Jack then if all is well I will start on Gonal F and buserilin continued. Hoping all is well with those hormones. Will you have a scan and blood test done? The nurse said I may just need a blood test because have had 2 scans done in the last 3 months.
Got some acupuncture tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to that as I'm very crampy this AF time.

Glad to hear it! Yes we do give ourselves a hard time if ever we should need time off. But i reckon a little time off for ivf is justified :)

U def deserve the time off gretarose! Don't worry about it!

I feel a lot more positive having met with the consultant. Would even go so far as to say in looking forward to the next cycle! Got a prescription for the drugs and booked in to see the nurses next Tuesday. Just waiting for my period now and then I can start the cycle! Yay!

Oooo guess what, my ivf clinic has that fancy camera thingie that was in the news a couple of months ago so we are paying for that and going to hopefully be able to use it! Did u ladies hear about it? The one where they monitor the embryos 24/7 after fertilisation instead of checking on them once a day.

Jack def make sure u drink plenty of water. My consultant today stressed the importance if staying well hydrated during the stimming stage. Apparently I am extremely high risk for ohss so will be going in almost daily for scans once I start. They will put me on the lowest possible dose to lower the risk of ohss and if it is successful I won't have to have the progesterone butt injections this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->