You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

Gl;ad it went well for you highhopes. Roll on AF for you then eh?
The wonders of technology as well, yes I did hear about the camera tracking thing, thats amazing that you will get to be one of the first to benefit from that. Take care of yourself, especially at school...nearly the summer and the timing will be better for you this time I'm sure.
It just seems like we have resorted to our typical British summer today! :cold:

U def deserve the time off gretarose! Don't worry about it!

I feel a lot more positive having met with the consultant. Would even go so far as to say in looking forward to the next cycle! Got a prescription for the drugs and booked in to see the nurses next Tuesday. Just waiting for my period now and then I can start the cycle! Yay!

Oooo guess what, my ivf clinic has that fancy camera thingie that was in the news a couple of months ago so we are paying for that and going to hopefully be able to use it! Did u ladies hear about it? The one where they monitor the embryos 24/7 after fertilisation instead of checking on them once a day.

Just seen we have generated over 200 replies to this thread ladies.
Roll on our BFP posts!! :winkwink:

Gl;ad it went well for you highhopes. Roll on AF for you then eh?
The wonders of technology as well, yes I did hear about the camera tracking thing, thats amazing that you will get to be one of the first to benefit from that. Take care of yourself, especially at school...nearly the summer and the timing will be better for you this time I'm sure.
It just seems like we have resorted to our typical British summer today! :cold:

U def deserve the time off gretarose! Don't worry about it!

I feel a lot more positive having met with the consultant. Would even go so far as to say in looking forward to the next cycle! Got a prescription for the drugs and booked in to see the nurses next Tuesday. Just waiting for my period now and then I can start the cycle! Yay!

Oooo guess what, my ivf clinic has that fancy camera thingie that was in the news a couple of months ago so we are paying for that and going to hopefully be able to use it! Did u ladies hear about it? The one where they monitor the embryos 24/7 after fertilisation instead of checking on them once a day.

Just done my shot and there was 0.25 iu left in the pen. Is that ok???!! Such a small amount..... Sorry to ignore previous posts (i'll reply to those shortly!)

Hi ladies!
sorry I have been away a few days for a cousins wedding - had a very busy week last week!! Now I am on count down to the 22nd July time is passing by so slowly, but my mind is taken off it by all the busy activity at work!!
Good luck for the next few days Brandy it sounds like everything is pretty much on track for you!
Jack79 I am on the short protocol too! so really interested to hear how it goes for you and how long the whole process takes.
Gretarose - I can't wait to get off the starting block!! Just need to start now and soooooo hoping that my AF is not early this month as I need it to start after the 22nd July and not before!!
Highhopes, hope your consultant appointment went well today and you are now all ready to start treatment.

I am doing my best to cut down on tea but it is very hard!!

Good luck everybody we deserve lots of happiness and success! Fingers crossed xx

Just done my shot and there was 0.25 iu left in the pen. Is that ok???!! Such a small amount..... Sorry to ignore previous posts (i'll reply to those shortly!)

not sure which pen you mean but I have the puregon pen. if you set the dose to the amount you are suppose to take it will inject what is left. You take it out note where the pen is set at for the remaining doseage... refill it and reset it to that amount and inject again.

Just checking in! I have my 2nd follicle scan tomorrow! ER should be in 8 days ;)

Thanks brandy - the instruction leaflet i got with my pen says to use a new pen to inject any that is left over. I ended up just leaving it as it seemed silly using a brand new pen for such a tiny amount.

Highhopes - i know quite a lot about that new technology from speaking to a dr at a fertility open day i attended a few months ago. If ivf through the nhs doesnt work for us we r going to go to a private clinic in glasgow that offers it. Def worth the extra cash i reckon!

Acupuncture going ok gretarose - i had a session on sat. Hope its helping! Hard to know for sure. And yes i'm going for a scan on friday. No blood test scheduled though x

Welcome back Louise! Short protocol going fine so far! :)

I Had my 2nd scan today. After 4 day of stims they found 38 follies ranging from 10 to 14. I haven't noticed any side effects yet from the stims or the excessive amount of eggs.... I hope thats a good thing. The doctor said I will begin to notice major breast tenderness and CM within the next couple days. They did blood work so I am waiting for a call to see if we need to reduce my medication at all. I am only on 150IU of Menopur and 150IU of Puregon but since they are growing so fast after only 4 days of meds they want to slow them down.

I should be triggering by my calendar Monday but if they continue to grow like this I would trigger Saturday for Monday retrieval… Although the sooner the better for me so I don’t have issues or develop OHSS I will go with whatever is the best for the best outcome.

Hope everyone is well. I just dropped in while at work so I will catch up later tonight.

Hi Brandy
Wow! Exciting stuff! So it could be Monday for your retrieval eh?
Wishing you all the best and look forward to hearing more x

I Had my 2nd scan today. After 4 day of stims they found 38 follies ranging from 10 to 14. I haven't noticed any side effects yet from the stims or the excessive amount of eggs.... I hope thats a good thing. The doctor said I will begin to notice major breast tenderness and CM within the next couple days. They did blood work so I am waiting for a call to see if we need to reduce my medication at all. I am only on 150IU of Menopur and 150IU of Puregon but since they are growing so fast after only 4 days of meds they want to slow them down.

I should be triggering by my calendar Monday but if they continue to grow like this I would trigger Saturday for Monday retrieval… Although the sooner the better for me so I don’t have issues or develop OHSS I will go with whatever is the best for the best outcome.

Hope everyone is well. I just dropped in while at work so I will catch up later tonight.

Yes I will find out on Saturday if I trigger Saturday or Monday! So excited.

Hi Brandy
Wow! Exciting stuff! So it could be Monday for your retrieval eh?
Wishing you all the best and look forward to hearing more x

Thats really exciting brandy. It all happens so quickly doesnt it! Good luck for Saturday x

Wow brandy things are moving so fast! 38 follies is great. Hope u r feeling ok! I had a few over that and by the end I was walking slowly, felt very full and peeing wasn't easy!

Glad u r back Louise!

I've been having ovulation-like pain the past couple of days. Did u have the same highhopes? X

I had that jack, think its quite normal.
Im actually feeling a little nervous right now as I type.... just waiting for the hospital to call me and let me know results of my blood test from this morning, and if I can begin stimming!
How did your scan go jack?

I've been having ovulation-like pain the past couple of days. Did u have the same highhopes? X

It was ok thanks...considering my low amh and low afc i have responded ok...got to go in for ER on tues...not expecting many eggs but hoping they will b good ones... i've been feeling quite emotional today...i dont know if its the high dose of gonal f thats causing it but feel quite teary and overwhelmed....

How did ur blood test go? Xx

Hi Hun
Hope you resting up, it's bloody emotional that's for sure. You are allowed to be however you want to be. I started crying in the hospital car park before we even got in there this morning! ....mainly lack of sleep and nerves about everything.
Well, they called me with the results and I must say I am confused...
Apparently my hormone levels are 'perfect' but they are keeping me on buserilin for another week, so that will mean 3weeks on buserilin. I will start stimming on 12th July. As the nurse was telling me everything I was trying to write it all down and then it only occurred to me to ask why (am I not starting stimming straight away)...after I had put the phone down. When I tried to call back to ask I haven't been able to get through. I guess they are closed now.
Any ideas ladies? Will it be because my womb lining is still too thick? but I didn't have a scan so how can they tell?
Sorry I'm waffling...
I'm pleased she said everything was ok but frustrated I can't start stimming yet! :shrug:
Hope everyone is doing ok and have a good weekend. At least the sun is shining for us.
You take care jack, that's exciting about your ER xx

It was ok thanks...considering my low amh and low afc i have responded ok...got to go in for ER on tues...not expecting many eggs but hoping they will b good ones... i've been feeling quite emotional today...i dont know if its the high dose of gonal f thats causing it but feel quite teary and overwhelmed....

How did ur blood test go? Xx

Thanks greta :)

I'm really not sure why they'd keep u on the buserelin for another week. My short protocol meant i was on it for a day before stims so have no knowledge that would help-sorry!

My lining was only 7.5mm today. The nurse said that was fine and that they want it to be at least 7mm.

Does anyone know how much it can thicken in just a few days? X

I don't know the answer to your question either jack, sorry.
I will ring the hospital tomorrow and clarify everything. Just treating myself to fish & chips and a girly film, husband on late shift :winkwink:
Feeling better after reading few other people's experiences on other forums...the wonders of technology :coffee:

Thanks greta :)

I'm really not sure why they'd keep u on the buserelin for another week. My short protocol meant i was on it for a day before stims so have no knowledge that would help-sorry!

My lining was only 7.5mm today. The nurse said that was fine and that they want it to be at least 7mm.

Does anyone know how much it can thicken in just a few days? X

Well we are out of town for the holiday but I have a doc appt tomorrow so I will be returning early for it. They will do another scan tomorrow to see when I will trigger. Probably Monday. I am getting very uncomfortable and my breasts are crazy sore. Even a sheet brushing against them hurts like hell

Oh bless you hunny, sounds very uncomfortable.
Not long now though.
Don't suppose you know the answer to my little question to jack a few posts ago, about staying on downreg drug longer? It's confused me.
Hope your scan goes well tomorrow x

Well we are out of town for the holiday but I have a doc appt tomorrow so I will be returning early for it. They will do another scan tomorrow to see when I will trigger. Probably Monday. I am getting very uncomfortable and my breasts are crazy sore. Even a sheet brushing against them hurts like hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->