You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

Wow we are all moving on nicely!!! Hope I hectic s are going ok greta and Louise, fab that u guys have started! Jack how annoying that the letter hasn't arrived. I would defo chase up tmrw if I was u. Brandy u must be counting down the days now-not long to go!

I've had a good stab at cutting down on caffeine - have decaf tea. As far as I know there's no harm in that, it's the caffeine that has an effect so I figure decaf tea is ok. Have given up tea before (long time ago, well before TTC) and it is possible but I found I was drinking so much water instead that I needed constant loo breaks! Plus on a cold day water just doesn't do it for me, need a hot drink!!!

Hope everyone's well. I'm still waiting on this stupid letter (!) that was supposed to have arrived last week! Going to call the hospital and chase it up tomorrow if it still hasn't arrived...

Random question - has anyone managed to give up tea before starting IVF?! I'm only on 2 cups a day but keep meaning to give up completely. Finding it difficult! :)

Well tea isnt quite my thing ;) But I was a big coffee drinker.. I have given up all but my morning latte. However, my doc is aware of it and said its ok.

I am sure though as with my previous pregnancies that the minute I have a BFP that I wont touch it.

Update on me.... So I had horrid headaches and it completely stopped once I got off the BCP so apparently that was causing them. I was afraid it was the Lupron but while on that alone I havent had an issue.

Stims Friday :happydance:

My countdown to egg retrieval is
DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

I am not obsessed :dohh:

Wow, not long Brandy. Exciting!
Well hoping the rest of you ladies are doing well and those letters get a move on!
I'm ok, well to be honest I am struggling. I guess it's the buserilin but I'm feeling absolutely exhausted and like I can't concentrate on anything. Especially work at the moment. The first couple of days I was truly fine and feeling quite proud of myself. Then since Monday night Ive been feeling like I'm about to get AF, I'm at my due time but I know the buserilin delays things, and then makes you bleed later. I've been pretty moody and low. Just want to do nothing and sleep a lot. Also I've been feeling cold and shivery too. :wacko:
Hoping these feelings are just an intense blend of PMT and the drug...and that it will lift soon.
The injecting part is going fine, nothing to worry about ladies who haven't done it before.
So I'm just going to try and allow myself to just be and rest as much as possible.
Love and thoughts to you all xxxx

Hope everyone's well. I'm still waiting on this stupid letter (!) that was supposed to have arrived last week! Going to call the hospital and chase it up tomorrow if it still hasn't arrived...

Random question - has anyone managed to give up tea before starting IVF?! I'm only on 2 cups a day but keep meaning to give up completely. Finding it difficult! :)

Well tea isnt quite my thing ;) But I was a big coffee drinker.. I have given up all but my morning latte. However, my doc is aware of it and said its ok.

I am sure though as with my previous pregnancies that the minute I have a BFP that I wont touch it.

Update on me.... So I had horrid headaches and it completely stopped once I got off the BCP so apparently that was causing them. I was afraid it was the Lupron but while on that alone I havent had an issue.

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

A word on tea....I still have one or two cups of earl grey a day. It literally is my only vice. I'm the same as you highhopes, I get cold when I drink cold water all day, it just doesn't satisfy in the same way. I should really make an effort to cut it out altogether, but can't seem to do it right now and I keep thinking that earl grey is a pale tea so perhaps not as strong as regular tea (that's my excuse anyway)
I also drink red bush, chamomile (at night which helps me sleep soundly) and peppermint (after a heavy meal). :coffee:

Wow we are all moving on nicely!!! Hope I hectic s are going ok greta and Louise, fab that u guys have started! Jack how annoying that the letter hasn't arrived. I would defo chase up tmrw if I was u. Brandy u must be counting down the days now-not long to go!

I've had a good stab at cutting down on caffeine - have decaf tea. As far as I know there's no harm in that, it's the caffeine that has an effect so I figure decaf tea is ok. Have given up tea before (long time ago, well before TTC) and it is possible but I found I was drinking so much water instead that I needed constant loo breaks! Plus on a cold day water just doesn't do it for me, need a hot drink!!!

Hey Brandy how you doing? Just wondered what the BCP was? Was it the downreg drugs? I've not had headaches but had a bit of an emotional meltdown yesterday over the tiniest thing that happened at work. Feeling better today just mainly exhausted and spaced out.
Also hope you don't think me rude but wondered if we were a similar age?...I'm 38, 39 this September. Only just noticed you've got an older son and daughter which is lovely. Also I noticed that you have been on a thread that I started but then I ended up spending more time on here.
Anyway, take care of yourself and keep us posted x

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

Hey Brandy how you doing? Just wondered what the BCP was? Was it the downreg drugs? I've not had headaches but had a bit of an emotional meltdown yesterday over the tiniest thing that happened at work. Feeling better today just mainly exhausted and spaced out.
Also hope you don't think me rude but wondered if we were a similar age?...I'm 38, 39 this September. Only just noticed you've got an older son and daughter which is lovely. Also I noticed that you have been on a thread that I started but then I ended up spending more time on here.

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

Yep were the same age :) 38!

The birth control I was on was Kariva for regulating my cycle with the other girls since my doctor does retrievals every 3 months he aligns us all. So he kept me on BCP to delay my cycle 1 week I started the lupron 7 days before my expected period so that it was built up in my system. I started my cycle exactly when they wanted me to so it all worked out thankfully :happydance:

Only 2 more day to stims. I feel like a drug addict I cant wait to get my hands on the next set of injections lol.

You must be so excited brandy - two days to go! Greta - glad to hear the shots are going ok. Can't remember if you r on long or short protocol? When r u doing the trigger shot?
Jack - has the letter arrived yet??!

I'm on long protocol highhopes. My AF is definitely late now because of the buserilin. Feeling much better and enjoying having an excuse to lie on the couch!
1/2 way to hopefully stimming next weekend/following week. Won't get my trigger shot til after then.
What about you? Hows things?

You must be so excited brandy - two days to go! Greta - glad to hear the shots are going ok. Can't remember if you r on long or short protocol? When r u doing the trigger shot?
Jack - has the letter arrived yet??!

Cool! What do you do for a living|? The rest of us are all teachers.
Glad you're all in sync with your cycle. So 2 more days and then you'll be stimming? My stimming should start after 5th July.
Wishing BFP's for us all this summer!!
:dust: for you
:dust: for me
:dust: for highhopes
:dust: for jack
:dust: for louise
xxxxx

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

Yep were the same age :) 38!

The birth control I was on was Kariva for regulating my cycle with the other girls since my doctor does retrievals every 3 months he aligns us all. So he kept me on BCP to delay my cycle 1 week I started the lupron 7 days before my expected period so that it was built up in my system. I started my cycle exactly when they wanted me to so it all worked out thankfully :happydance:

Only 2 more day to stims. I feel like a drug addict I cant wait to get my hands on the next set of injections lol.

I don't know much about the long protocol. I did the short protocol last time and will be doing it again this time. I'm doing ok, just counting down to the end of term now. Got appointment with consultant and then when I get my period - around 18th July if it is on time-I start injections!

Letter arrived today...along with my period....scan tomo and hopefully will get started!! :) Feeling quite excited! Xx

How did stims go today brandy? Hope it has started off well!

Yay jack! So r u starting this cycle???

Got my school summer fair tomorrow and we have to be there for 3 hours :(

Wow that's a lot brandy! Good for u!

I start injections tomo! On a nasal spray too. Nearly freaked at the sight of the needle at the hospital today! Slightly dreading tomo!!

PS That's me on hols now...happy days (sorry fellow teachers!)

It feels rather surreal! Excited though :)

Enjoy the fair tomo...hope the sun shines for it x

Wow what a start to your summer hols jack, good timing.
Good luck with it all. I'm half way through my 14days of buserilin and AF officially late. So far so good
Passing on the good vibes to you too

It feels rather surreal! Excited though :)

Enjoy the fair tomo...hope the sun shines for it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->