You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

The buuserlin I assume is the same as lupron. The standard length is 3 weeks so It doesn't sound like and extended amount of time. When is your af? They normally start stimms the week of your cycle

Thanks for getting back to me Brandy, I ended up worrying about it for most of the evening, and then just thought I need to put my trust in their decisions and try and go with the flow! Its hard not to be a control freak!!
Hope today goes really well. Keep me posted

The buuserlin I assume is the same as lupron. The standard length is 3 weeks so It doesn't sound like and extended amount of time. When is your af? They normally start stimms the week of your cycle

I know how u feel gretarose. Its so hard not to worry about the little things! I've been reading about stimulation and egg collection and cant help but worry that i'm not being monitored closely enough... i'm thinking 4 days between the scan and the scheduled EC is a long time. So much could change in between - how do they know that this is the best day to go in?? Im thinking my good follicles could be too big/ over-ripe by then and the small ones not mature enough?? Any words of wisdom ladies?! They didn't check my blood yest either...is that normal?

Sorry to be a worry wart!! :)

Try not to worry ladies. I know it is easy to say that but seriously, it will all be ok. They have done this thousands of times! When I went in for ER last time they had given me a gentle trigger because I was at high risk of ohss and they didnt get ANY eggs at all - the trigger didnt work and eggs weren't mature. So they only did one ovary and sent me home with a different trigger. Two days later they scanned me to check I still had follies in the other ovary and then managed to retrieve nine eggs! Two embryos were implanted on day 3 and I got my bfp!

You just have to trust in their ability and try to relax.

Towards the end just before ER I felt really full and boobs hurt like hell - I feel your discomfort brandy! Remember to drink lots of water brandy and jack - my consultant said dehydration is a really bad thing during the stimming stage.

Thanks highhopes. Ur right its best not to worry! Im off for acupuncture then to the beach (we dont get a lot of sun in scotland!) My boobs r sore but not too uncomfortable - and ive been drinking so much water i'm constantly peeing!! :)

Jack - I think the way they know is by the size of your follies. When they scan u they put the size of the follies onto a scatter graph and there is a thick black line running horizontally through the middle. Did u see it? Once u have a few follies over that black line u are ready for the trigger. When u gave the trigger u then have one needle-free day and then egg collection right? Do u have a date for ER now? When is it???

Brandy good luck with the scan today!

Sorry for the multiple posts - been going back to re-read what you ladies have been saying in the past few days so I could respond! It's been a busy time at school, did pizza-making with my class on Friday-fun but so tiring!

Have fun at the beach jack! I'm going into central london today - gna hit the shops and maybe the cinema for a bit of cooling off! Enjoy the weather x

I will update later tonight but I'm omw to scan and blood work.

Hope it went well brandy :)

How was the shopping trip highhopes?! Beach was good. Was really hot!

I didnt c any graph yest- the nurse took photos, printed them then filled in a chart by hand. I think this was then passed to a dr and they called me later on to say back in for EC on tues x

Wow jack your EC on Tues, thats come round so quick!
Thankyou so much for all your comforting words brandy, jack and highhopes.
Because I'm on the lonnnnngggg protocol, I need to be patient. Rang the hospital back and they said that there is nothing to worry about, and it is pretty normal to stay on buserilin for 3 weeks on the long protocol. So I start stimming next Friday!
Going to try and be super healthy this week and carrying on with my acupuncture.
I also found a great youtube channel called 'chelenic ivf'...it's a lady who went through ivf 3 times and eventually got her bfp with twins...she's lovely and so honest about the process. Sometimes its tempting to look at too much information via internet, but this really is heartwarming stuff :hugs:
Sending my fellow baby&bump ladies lots of babydust!
Night night :sleep:

Hope it went well brandy :)

How was the shopping trip highhopes?! Beach was good. Was really hot!

I didnt c any graph yest- the nurse took photos, printed them then filled in a chart by hand. I think this was then passed to a dr and they called me later on to say back in for EC on tues x

I went for a scan today I have 27 out of 38 that are within 15-18! I will have another scan in 36 hours then trigger!Retrieval is Wednesday morning.

That ivf you tube blog is slightly addictive gretarose!

Does anyone know if the ovitrelle shot has to be done in your stomach? X

I'm not sure jack, I would have thought your tummy like the others...?
All the best of luck to you for Tuesday and Brandy for Wednesday for your EC ladies.
I'm actually going to take a little break away this week, so I will check back in in about a week and look forward to hearing everyone's news. I will have starting stimming by then too so I'll be a bit further forward in my journeyxxx

That ivf you tube blog is slightly addictive gretarose!

Does anyone know if the ovitrelle shot has to be done in your stomach? X

Shopping trip was great, just so nice to lose myself in the crowds!

I had the trigger shot in my thigh. No shots in my stomach at all - all were thigh and then progesterone shots were on my butt.

Have a lovely week away greta. Good luck with your first few days of stims!

Jack - best of luck for Tuesday. Can't believe it is ER for u already! Let us know how it goes.

Brandy that's a lot of follies at the right size! How fab! Can't believe it is almost ER time for you too!

Haven't we all come such a long way since we started this thread?!

Everything ok Louise?

Thanks guys :)

Thats me finished my drug regime! Thank goodness- i'm utterly shattered and fed-up of the whole ivf journey. The past few days i've felt sore and just ready for it all to be over... Hope Tues comes quick! :)

Hope ur all well xx

Thanks guys :)

Thats me finished my drug regime! Thank goodness- i'm utterly shattered and fed-up of the whole ivf journey. The past few days i've felt sore and just ready for it all to be over... Hope Tues comes quick! :)

Hope ur all well xx

I am with you on this statement!! I just have 3 more shots to give myself and I am done for now with this horrid routine I have had to follow :happydance::happydance:

I cant wait to hear how well it went for you ER ;)

Keep resting. U r almost there jack and brandy. The last few days of stims are the worst - I was waddling around feeling awful by the end so I know how tough it must be for u. Looking fwd to hearing good news from your egg collections! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->