You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

Wow that's loads brandy! Well done! Make sure u rest up today x

Woweee!!! That's an amazing amount Brandy! Hope you doing ok hunny, rest up now. Hope your husband is looking after you.
I'm trying to ignore what you and Jack have said about the pain...it's making me nervous! :winkwink:
Really glad for you both, fx for your fertilisation reports. Keep us posted when you feeling up to it xxx

Woweee!!! That's an amazing amount Brandy! Hope you doing ok hunny, rest up now. Hope your husband is looking after you.
I'm trying to ignore what you and Jack have said about the pain...it's making me nervous! :winkwink:
Really glad for you both, fx for your fertilisation reports. Keep us posted when you feeling up to it xxx

My pain is mostly just from my lower abdomen a combination of being over stimulated and having lots of eggs and having the retrieval im sure. I feel better today.

But the bloating is out of control. I have gained 15lbs in a week and it's not from food. The doctor said I will begin flushing the fluids out soon so FX.

It's nothing to be afraid of its more just discomfort than actual pain I should say. I wont be wearing skinny jeans for the next couple weeks atleast hahaaa

Wow 31 that is a lot:happydance:
Fx all fertilise.

My drugs arrived today so just waiting till Monday till dh can start injecting me:haha:

Wow that's a lot of eggs brandy! Fingers crossed lots of them fertilise!

Jack - I don't want to freak u out about the transfer but I had to go in twice! The first time I just couldn't relax. It didnt hurt, just felt uncomfortable - you get clamped open v wide! Also think my bladder wasn't full enough. So they have me another half hour and then took me in again. It was fine second time round. Think I was just being a scaredy-cat the first time!

I only had 3 embryos at day 3 so they said I could put 2 back in. Only one of those two implanted. It is a tough decision, u have to consider whether u can cope with twins - financially etc. I didn't care...the more the merrier! Twins would be hard work but I would consider myself truly blessed to end up with two babies after not even being able to have one naturally!

Bundles that's great that your drugs have arrived! Which protocol are u on?

I am not sure they did not say. Is the protocol what day you start injections on? I am starting on day21

I am not sure they did not say. Is the protocol what day you start injections on? I am starting on day21

Just means are you on a short being less than 1 cycle or long being birth control first then onto other meds for the next cycle etc.

Also which meds are you taking? Do they have an estimated ER date?

Glad you feeling better Brandy.

Bundles... I am on the long protocol where I started buserilin on day 21 and have been down regulating for 3 weeks (feels such a long time!) and then I start Gonal F tomorrow which is the stimulation ones.
I have a blood test 6 days later and then a scan on day 8. Not sure when my retrieval date will be yet, they will tell me on day 8 so I'm guessing week beginning 22nd July.
Please feel free to ask away with questions...it is like learning a completely new language, and that's just this the acronyms on this forum!! :haha:
But seriously we are all going through it so lean on us for support. I certainly have found chatting to these lovely ladies a real comfort as its a tough journey that's for sure!
Wishing you the best of luck
:hugs:

Just means are you on a short being less than 1 cycle or long being birth control first then onto other meds for the next cycle etc.

Also which meds are you taking? Do they have an estimated ER date?

:wohoo:

Doctor finally called with report!!

31 Retrieved
21 Mature
21 fertilised but 9 perished over night

12 remain and appear to be doing well! I will get another report tomorrow :happydance:

Grow babies grow :flower:

Ah ok yeah I really do not understand all the terminology so will be asking questions thanks:flower:
No have not been on the pill, so i guess its the short protocol. I will start the buserelin injections on Monday then told to call when AF arrives which should be around 22 July, then told baseline would be around 29 July and egg collection around 12 August
Was also given gonal f injections, overitill injections and progesterone vaginal capsules.

Brandy 12 eggs that's great news, grow eggies grow

Yeah Brandy! :happydance: great news! Bet you are really glad!!
And it's so great that you get another report on how the little embies are doing.
Well, starting to get so eventful on our little thread now. Good luck bundles with your short protocol, you will be just fine.
I must say I am very glad to be moving forward tonight with my first Gonal injection. Any tips for stimming ladies??
Got everything crossed for you for Sunday Jack :hugs:

31 Retrieved
21 Mature

12 remain and appear to be doing well! I will get another report tomorrow :happydance:

How are you Brandy? Hope you feeling better. :hugs:

31 Retrieved
21 Mature

Yeah Brandy! :happydance: great news! Bet you are really glad!!
And it's so great that you get another report on how the little embies are doing.
Well, starting to get so eventful on our little thread now. Good luck bundles with your short protocol, you will be just fine.
I must say I am very glad to be moving forward tonight with my first Gonal injection. Any tips for stimming ladies??
Got everything crossed for you for Sunday Jack :hugs:

31 Retrieved
21 Mature

My tip is that you inject very slowly and stop for a second or two here and there before continuing to inject. I found that when I did this I didn't feel a thing.

Oh and clean yourself off with alcohol before you draw up the shot that way the alcohol is completely dry this will prevent stinging.

Good luck with your first shot greta! I agree, use an alcohol wipe. The nurse told my DH to inject fast but the first time he did that it hurt like hell so he ignored that advice and was much gentler. It really isn't that bad, u get used to it very quickly.

Jack any news on your embies? Surprised they don't call u again - my clinic gave me daily updates.

Brandy how are your embies doing? Hope all are thriving!!!

Good luck with your first shot greta! I agree, use an alcohol wipe. The nurse told my DH to inject fast but the first time he did that it hurt like hell so he ignored that advice and was much gentler. It really isn't that bad, u get used to it very quickly.

Jack any news on your embies? Surprised they don't call u again - my clinic gave me daily updates.

Brandy how are your embies doing? Hope all are thriving!!!

I am doing well! The doctors office wont call till the end of the day today and they will tell me how the lil ones are doing and at that point they will tell me if we will have a day 3 transfer or a day 5 transfer. I am scared and nervous but I cant really change the outcome so I will try to roll with the punches.

Hope you're well ;)

I'm great thanks! Just been asleep in the garden! Trying to relax ahead of my ivf cycle starting. Want to be in a positive frame of mind and as stress-free as possible.

You have so many embies I'm sure all will be just fine. It's such a nerve wracking process though isn't it - so much can go wrong at any stage. I'm amazed it works and full of admiration for the people who invented the process, it truly is miraculous.

I'm great thanks! Just been asleep in the garden! Trying to relax ahead of my ivf cycle starting. Want to be in a positive frame of mind and as stress-free as possible.

You have so many embies I'm sure all will be just fine. It's such a nerve wracking process though isn't it - so much can go wrong at any stage. I'm amazed it works and full of admiration for the people who invented the process, it truly is miraculous.

Each step I tell myself ok now you can relax... No such luck. I dont think even if I get a bfp I will relax then I will be too worried its a chem or that I will MC again.

Such a horrible process. I just wish I could sit back and just enjoy it like the fairy tales!

You're constantly waiting on something or someone. waiting for AF to start, waiting to start injections, waiting to see how the follies grow, waiting for ER, waiting for doctor reports.. omg it never ends. :cry:

Hi ladies

Hope ur little embies r doing well brandy. I havent heard anything so i'm hoping no news is good news. Can't wait for the transfer to be over with. The only problem is- my acupuncture centre is closed on a sunday so won't be able to get a session after the transfer. Bit of a bummer but can't be helped.

Good luck with the injections greta. They really aren't too bad. The only bit i felt was the needle going in. I didn't feel anything when i pressed the liquid in. The hospital didn't give me alcohol wipes and i didn't get round to buying them so i didn't bother with them.

Hope u all have nice things planned for the weekend x

Just realised u will have done first injection last night greta. How was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->