You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

I hope its nothing but cant help fearing the worst.

Supposed to be catching up with some friends later but now dont feel like it. Also thinking might be best to put my feet up and rest?

Do u have a scan today greta? Hope it goes well - thinking of u xx

Have you been going through the IVF process?

I have everything crossed for you Jack :)

Thanks MishC.

Yes I'm 9dp a 5dt... My official test date is Sunday - feels so far away. I've read that spotting, even bleeding is common after ivf... I had 2 embryos transferred and I was really hoping at least one would implant. xx

It's a tough one jack. I understand u wanting to stay at home and rest - I would feel the same way. But then again, think of all those people who naturally get pregnant and at this stage don't even know they are pregnant - they will be out drinking and doing all sorts of crazy things. All u r doing is going out to meet some friends, I'm sure it won't do any harm! But do whatever u feel is best, if u feel u need to rest then do it. I would!

I am so damn tired all I want to do is stay home and rest :( But I cant uggh.

Aaaawwwww I remember that feeling! I used to be asleep on the sofa by 7pm! Any morning sickness?

Hi ladies!
Been away a while again! just trying to catch up with where everyone is on their journeys. Hi MischC :wave:sounds like you are at a similar stage to me. I have never had ivf before and am due to start icsi this coming cycle fingers crossed!
Congratulations Brandy on your BFP that is amazing news and I hope that it rubs off on the rest of us in this group. :dust:
Keep thinking positive Jack79. You can't change the outcome and we are all hoping and praying that it is a sticky bean for you. Take care of yourself and take some well deserved you time!!:hugs:
Highhopes it sounds like you are well on the way with your injections - are you doing them yourself or getting your DH to do them for you? Good look with Thursday and I hope that your you have lots of good sized follies!!
I had my treatment teach session yesterday! OMG my head was spinning when I came out. The nurse was really good - but I had to do my teacher bit and make notes cos I was soooooo worried that I might forget everything that she was telling me!! We are going to be on short protocol ( which I hope is a good thing!?) I have to take 150 menopur days 1-3 and then 150 menopur and 0.25 cetronide after that. Does this sound the same / similar to what any of you ladies are taking? I was told egg collection should be between days 10 - 14. That seems amazingly quick!!?
I felt like a drug addict when I walked out of hospital with all of the drugs - good job the police didnt stop us on the way home and we had to get the drugs home quickly because the nurse said they need to be placed in the fridge within the hour! My DH has said that he doesn't mind giving the injections which is a relief! They have also prescribed me a diabetic drug (even though I am not diabetic) to take alongside my injections - sorry I cant read the writing it reads something like Metfom. She referred to my polycystic ovaries which I wasn't aware I even had! So a tad confused on that!! I was a little cross when she mentioned that on my next bleed I still need to ring and request treatment as I though that I had already been through all of that and been accepted to start!? She also said I would need a further scan at the start of my treatment as my last had been a while ago!![-o< Just praying that I havent developed any cysts that may prolong the start of treatment. I am so desperate to start now I have all of my meds -cant wait for my next AF!! Here's hoping and praying ladies. 1 more day of work then 6 weeks off and lots of time on my hands to rest & prepare. Take care ladies & best wishes to you all xxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Louise! Good to have u back!

My DH is administering the shots for me...I could never do that to myself!!! I'm on the short protocol too. It's really quick! I'm having gonal f injections for stim and then orgalutron as my antagonist. Ovitrelle is my trigger shot. Today is day 4 of stims. Egg collection should be on day 14 for me but it depends on how I respond to the drugs. Will be going in for almost daily scans as I have PCO.

The teach appointment makes ure head spin doesn't it? When I went for mine the first time round I sat with tears in my eyes the whole time! My DH had to make all the notes (he's a teacher too!) This time we had a 15min appointment coz we are familiar with how it all works.

Enjoy your last day at work xx

Hi Louise. Great to hear ur starting the short protocol soon! I liked the fact that it didn't drag on too long - it really does go in quick once u get started.

Highhopes what does the antagonist do, just out of interest? I didn't have that.

Well ladies... I succumbed and tested this morning and have a very faint line visible on the little cassette tester thingy the hospital gave me. I'm praying its going to get stronger over the next few days and that its not a chemical pregnancy! DH won't be happy (!) as he was keen for me to wait until the OTD on sun.

Say a wee prayer for me girls! :) xx

How are u greta? Thinking of u. Hope ur appt went well yesterday. Big hugs xxx

Ooo jack how wonderful!!! Fc for Sunday x

The antagonist stops me from ovulating too soon. So did u just have stims and trigger?

Yeah just stims and trigger. Was only stimming for 8 days then trigger on 9th day. Feels like a lifetime ago now!!

It goes by very quickly doesn't it? I found the TWW really dragged whereas the first bit flew by coz of all the scans and monitoring etc.

R u allowing ureself to get excited yet or r u gna wait till Sunday?

Yes first ever! Trying to contain it but yes I'm excited! Its really hard to find the balance and not get ahead of myself. I'm going to test on Friday then on Sunday what the heck!

The spotting got a little heavier yest but today is just light brown. Def not as heavy as my normal period. Cramps gone too. Im hoping yest was maybe one of the embryos coming away? Fc theres still one there x

That first bfp is so magical! I couldn't believe my eyes! I tested 3 times that day and went for a blood test too!!! Enjoy the feeling, you've waited long enough to get here xx

I called the dr to book an appt for monday - couldnt get one until next thurs! I heard drs a bit reluctant to do a blood test. Did urs do one without any worries? Xx

I called the dr to book an appt for monday - couldnt get one until next thurs! I heard drs a bit reluctant to do a blood test. Did urs do one without any worries? Xx

Why are they reluctant to do a blood test? didnt they have one planned for your OTD?

Congrats!

Nope I've just to call the hospital then notify my dr. For some reason they don't tend to do a blood test?! Its not standard anyway x

I didnt go to my GP for the blood test I went to my fertility clinic. They did it straight away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->