You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

Hi Jack and everyone...so good to hear everyone's news...and Brandy your wonderful BFP and Jack your lovely little hopeful line! :happydance:
It makes this thread feel lucky! And boy do I need a little luck right now!:dohh:
I'm still hanging in there with my stimms, it's been 13 days now, and I've been backwards and forwards for 4 scans. The latest is there is one dominant follicle which is growing (19mm), and 6 still on the baseline (10-12mm). So we had the difficult decision today of whether to push the hospital to allow me to trigger tonight for ec on Friday. Or wait patiently til early next week to give those little follies a chance to catch up!
We have decided to give it a bit longer, carry on with the Gonal F, and hopefully the main one will slow down and the others will have a spurt on, so ultimately we have more for ec on Monday morning.
It's been heavy going, but I won't dwell on the negative.
Our cycle may still be cancelled but we are praying to make it to ec on Monday morning. On a brighter note, my lining is perfect!
So 3 more shots of 450 Gonal F and we'll see what things look like on Saturday.
I started downregulating on the 22nd June, so its been a mammoth journey...:wacko:, my tummy is black and blue...wish I could have been on the short protocol too!
Sending every babydust and love xxx

How are u greta? Thinking of u. Hope ur appt went well yesterday. Big hugs xxx

Hi Jack and everyone...so good to hear everyone's news...and Brandy your wonderful BFP and Jack your lovely little hopeful line! :happydance:
It makes this thread feel lucky! And boy do I need a little luck right now!:dohh:
I'm still hanging in there with my stimms, it's been 13 days now, and I've been backwards and forwards for 4 scans. The latest is there is one dominant follicle which is growing (19mm), and 6 still on the baseline (10-12mm). So we had the difficult decision today of whether to push the hospital to allow me to trigger tonight for ec on Friday. Or wait patiently til early next week to give those little follies a chance to catch up!
We have decided to give it a bit longer, carry on with the Gonal F, and hopefully the main one will slow down and the others will have a spurt on, so ultimately we have more for ec on Monday morning.
Our cycle may still be cancelled but we are praying to make it to ec on Monday morning. On a brighter note, my lining is perfect!
I started downregulating on the 22nd June, so its been a mammoth journey...:wacko:, my tummy is black and blue...wish I could have been on the short protocol too!

Hang in there Greta it will pay off! We're rooting for you

Thankyou darlin. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?
How are you feeling?

Thankyou darlin. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?
How are you feeling?

If it had been me I would have stuck through the whole cycle. It only takes one. But I'm agressive like that.

I am feeling good. No pg symptoms but being tired. Each time I jump one hurdle I just worry about the next. Like tomorrow I have a blood test to make sure they are doubling. If I make it past that then I have to worry about hearing a heartbeat!

Good to hear things are progressing for you greta. Your recent scan sounds similar to my last one - I had quite a few smaller follicles and one or two bigger ones (I didn't write the details down so can't remember the measurements). They managed to get 12 eggs from me at EC and because some were immature, only 6 fertilised. Hopefully you will be fine on Monday. I've heard that they often manage to retrieve more eggs than expected during the EC procedure since the follicles are so small and don't always show up on the scan. Try to have a relaxing weekend and keep thinking positively! :)

My spotting got a bit heavier on Tues then turned to brown discharge yesterday and today it's gone. Haven't had any cramps since Tues either. It very much felt like a very light period so I'm really not sure if I'm still in the game or not. I had thought that if it was a period then it would be heavier considering all the hormones I've had in my body the past few weeks??? However, I'm thinking the crinone gel might have prevented the bleeding and that's why I only had heavy spotting. So confused! Any thoughts anyone??? I called the hospital this morning and surprise, surprise they said to continue taking the crinone gel and test on Sunday. I told them I'm concerned about low progesterone but they just said to call back on Sun after testing and I could ask then about staying on progesterone. They didn't say I'd be allowed to, just that I could ask! This waiting game is terrible!!

How are you highhopes? Any side effects yet? Hope you're ok.

Hope you're doing well Brandy, Louise and everybody else! :) xx

Good luck greta! I think I would have done the same thing in your position.

Jack I have everything crossed for u for Sunday. Lots of people have spotting in early pregnancy so u never know! Have they said u will be stopping progesterone supplemented if u get a bfp? I had to keep going until I got to 12 weeks last time.

Had my scan today - lots of follies! There are 3 at 9mm and they said this is a good response since I'm only on day5 of stims. Had a blood test too. They r going to call me later to let me know whether I need to up the dose of gonal f and whether to start the antagonist injections today too. Should be going back for another scan in a couple of days.

As far as side effects go - I've started feeling very tired and a bit weepy but not sure if that's the meds or the fact that im exhausted after a busy year at school or just that I'm freaked out at doing another ivf cycle!!!

Started my antagonist injections too now. Going back for a scan on Monday. Feeling like a pin cushion today - three needles in one day!

Congrats on the good response highhopes! It wont be long now until you're in for EC! :)

Yes at the hospital I attend they just get you to take progesterone until bfp! I feel its a BIG risk! :/

I'm going demented today. Promised myself I wouldn't test again until tomo so holding out but it's driving me crazy!!!!

Ive been invited to my friends little girls bday party at the weekend and there's gonna be a pg lady there. I don't know how I'm gonna cope if I text negative tomo...

xx

I had to go see a newborn baby last w/e and it broke my heart. It's so tough dealing with all this. Somehow we have to find the strength to deal with pg women and babies. Will be thinking of u!

Try to keep ure mind off testing if u can - keep busy somehow. With my first cycle I was still at work so it was easy to stay busy. It's going to be a challenge this time round!

Positive thoughts all round ladies!! Highhopes I hope your follies continue to grow! I think the weapyness can definitely be caused by a busy year at school coming to an end and then suddenly having lots of time to sit and think about life etc... I have finished now (yesterday) and just know that I will be thinking lots about what is to come in the next few weeks and worrying about everything!! Jack you are just going to have to trust that the hosp know what they are doing... good luck I have my fingers crossed for your test tomorrow. Gretarose you are doing really well... don't give up hope and remember that you are doing all you can. Fingers crossed that you make it to egg collection on Monday - I have everything crossed for you xx Good to see things are still progressing well for you Brandy - take care of yourself xx As for me I can only wish this cycle to end and a new one to begin - but I don't want to wish my time off work away either!!

Morning ladies!

I tested this morning (12dp5dt) and got another very faint line! I was hoping it'd be a bit darker but it's about the same as the one I did on Wednesday. It's a different brand so probably shouldn't compare. What do you think?!?! Am I pregnant?!?!?!

xx

Certainly sounds like it jack! I only had faint lines when I tested last time, the line didnt even go all the way across but I was defo pregnant. Roll on Sunday! Xx

I also woke up at 5.30 drenched in sweat (yuck - sorry!). Sheet and duvet cover soaked. A sign maybe?! Hope so :)

How long after transfer did u test highhopes-can u remember? Ive managed to arrange a telephone consultation with my gp - awaiting their call. Going to ask about a blood test x

I was told to test 13 days after 3d embryos were transferred. I managed to wait it out, mainly because I was enjoying being pupo and didnt want the bubble burst by a bfn.

The only symptom I remember in that time is that close to testing day the veins on my chest area went crazy and I could really see a lot of them.

Did any of u ladies get really uncomfortable during stims? I've been awake since 3am, can't seem to get comfortable in bed. Feel very aware of my abdomen area, feel very full! It's only day 7!!!

Oh no sounds like a pain! I was starting to feel uncomfortable the last few days but it didnt really keep me awake at night. They're monitoring u for ohss right? Hope u managed to get back to sleep! Ive had night sweats again!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->