You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

Oh no greta. So sorry to hear that. This journey we're on is so difficult. Heartbreaking at times. I hope ur feeling better soon too. We booked a holiday abroad today to cheer us up - its taken the edge of it but obviously it doesnt change how u feel. Look after yourself hun xx

Awww greta so sorry to hear that! It must be so hard after going through everything that you have. Don't give up you have to try and be positive and believe that soon it will happen. Big hugs & strength sent to you. Take care xxx

Greta so sorry about what happened. It's such a tough journey. Look after yourself hon xx

Hi ladies

Ive woken up feeling more positive this morning and ready to face the world again. Just called the hospital (managed not to cry!) and was told they will send out a letter with an appt date so that I can discuss next steps with a dr. The nurse said it would be "a few months" before they would do the FET - I sort of expected this from the NHS.

So this morning I'm going to have breakfast and go out for a run. I have missed it and hopefully it will clear my head a bit.

Hope you're all well xx

So glad u r feeling more positive. The run will help to clear ure head too - always makes me feel more positive. I'm really missing running too!

How many frosties do u have? Hopefully the next few months will fly by. And at least u won't have to do a whole fresh cycle all over again like me!!!

Thanks for all your sweet heartfelt words ladies...it means a lot. :hugs:
Stay strong Jack, it's so good you have some little frosties waiting for you. That will be a great source of comfort I bet. We may be cycling together again about the same time you never know....October/November because they have said at least 3months wait to me too.
I've requested an urgent appointment with the consultant as there are some questions I need answering. Still feeling low but starting to accept it, just wish we could have gotten to ec :cry:
Best of luck everyone....I will keep checking back in. I am hopeful we will all get there and follow in Brandy's footsteps! Xxx

So glad u r feeling more positive. The run will help to clear ure head too - always makes me feel more positive. I'm really missing running too!

How many frosties do u have? Hopefully the next few months will fly by. And at least u won't have to do a whole fresh cycle all over again like me!!!

I'm glad u have asked for an urgent appointment. Will u get another cycle on the nhs or will u b going private? I didn't bother waiting for an nhs review after my miscarriage coz I knew we had to go private so just went for a private consultation coz I was desperate to get started again.

Had another scan today. They want me back again for a scan tomorrow and blood test too. Think they are being extra careful coz I am at high risk of ohss. EC may be on Friday.

Don't know if any of u ladies are checking this thread anymore but if u are...hope u r all ok. Brandy hope the embryo is growing nicely! Louise u must be counting doesn't he days to start now. Do u know when? Jack and greta hope u r both ok xx

I'm still waiting for EC. Not far off now. Should be Monday.

Hi there highhopes honey wishing you luck for the rest of your stimming and ec...hows it going?
Well, aside from the sheer sadness, waste & disappointment I feel after having my first ICSI cycle cancelled on Sunday. :cry:...I'm now confused about the following:
-when I will get my period? :shrug:
-whether I will ovulate and when will that be? :shrug:
-and (desperate I know!) whether its worth BDing anyway? :blush:
-and if anyone else out there has been through the same? :hugs:

Don't know if any of u ladies are checking this thread anymore but if u are...hope u r all ok. Brandy hope the embryo is growing nicely! Louise u must be counting doesn't he days to start now. Do u know when? Jack and greta hope u r both ok xx

I'm still waiting for EC. Not far off now. Should be Monday.

Also meant to reply to you the other day highhopes...
I have 1 more NHS cycle, it'll be October/November now...can't believe it. I was really praying it was going to be my summer.

I'm glad u have asked for an urgent appointment. Will u get another cycle on the nhs or will u b going private? I didn't bother waiting for an nhs review after my miscarriage coz I knew we had to go private so just went for a private consultation coz I was desperate to get started again.

Had another scan today. They want me back again for a scan tomorrow and blood test too. Think they are being extra careful coz I am at high risk of ohss. EC may be on Friday.

Hi ladies

Not long now highhopes- hope u get lots of eggs on monday :)

Greta I'm the same. Havent had a period yet and wondering when it will come! Soon I hope. Want it out of the way. From what I've read everyone is different... ho hum! Xx

Hi all new to this thread,iv been on my meds for 1st cycle of icsi since 24th aug,the nurse said today I have 18 follicles and 9 "coming up" does that mean growing?,she also said I'd be in early next week for egg collection.any one else at same stage? Good luck all starting or on the tww x

Hi Bev
That's a good lot of follies, and yes 'comin up' means they will be growing up past your baseline of 10mm. sounds very promising!
think you and highhopes are quite close in ec dates.
I start my 2nd round of ICSI in the autumn
Welcome! :hugs:

Hi all new to this thread,iv been on my meds for 1st cycle of icsi since 24th aug,the nurse said today I have 18 follicles and 9 "coming up" does that mean growing?,she also said I'd be in early next week for egg collection.any one else at same stage? Good luck all starting or on the tww x

Thanks you getarose,Iv read a little of the thread so sorry your icsi was cancelled :( I'll keep my fingers crossed for your next try.did anyone else find injections of cetrotide leave a bruise and make the skin itchy? I'm so nervous for EC Iv heard horror storys that it hurts after for ages :(

Yay you're all still there! I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out the way it should have jack and greta. It's great that u have another nhs cycle though - my area only do one nhs cycle so I'm paying myself now! I have no idea what happens with ovulation etc if a cycle gets cancelled but it's worth trying BDing isn't it?! I know it's hard but try to stay positive xx

Welcome bev! I'm on stimming day 12 today and EC is likely to be Monday so it sounds like we are going through it at roughly the same time.

I am getting really sore now - I have 30+ follicles. It's so full in there that the scan hurts! My clinic are calling me in for daily scans and blood tests coz of what happened in my last icsi cycle so they want to monitor me closely. Feel like my whole life is about ivf at the moment! Also feel like a pincushion with all the needles! But I'm a lot braver this time round, I was such a baby about it all last time!

My antagonist is orgalutron but there is a manufacturing issue with it so they have switched me to cetrotide - something else for me to worry about now - is it ok to switch meds half way through?! Yes bev it is itching me right this minute but my old one did too and that stung too. Also, does a bit of it seep out afterwards? I had a few drops come back out of my thigh this morning!

Try not to worry too much about EC. I don't remember being in real pain afterwards, just a bit sore.

Well had my final scan and I'm a bit disappointed - only 6 follicles at the right size, the rest are all small. Egg collection is scheduled for Monday morning.

Good luck for Monday highhopes, thinking of you. That's still a fair few follies to work with so try and think positive.
I'm feeling bit brighter, I've come away for few days with DH to stay with friends, it's been just what I've needed. Still disappointed but the sting of it is fading and I'm going to really try and not be so focused on the IVF for a few weeks. My brain hurts from obsessing over it.
Hope you're doing well Brandy?
Jack I hope you're relaxing.
Louise, not long now eh?
Everyone else, sending you positive vibes xxx

Well had my final scan and I'm a bit disappointed - only 6 follicles at the right size, the rest are all small. Egg collection is scheduled for Monday morning.

Hi ladies. Still trying to catch up with this thread. Good luck for monday highhopes I have everything crossed for yo. Gretarose glad you are taking some well deserved time away to clear your head and chill out a little. Hope things are still goinv well for you brandy. As for me I have had a lovely chilled out week at home with dh enjoying the british summer!! I am willing my afto begin then I can fingers crossed start jabbing I am soooooo ready!!!!!!

Good idea to get away for a bit greta. I'm sure it will do u the world of good. Also nice to take ure mind off ivf for a while and just rebuild ure life - go out and enjoy living for a while. That's what I tried to do after my mc when I felt strong enough.

Louise how long left till AF is expected?

Can't believe I have EC tomorrow. Feels like it has come around very fast. Having a weepy day today - hormones are raging!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->